• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you know...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Did you know that every time that Kaiba smiles a puppy dies?

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Did you know that some people are stupid?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Did you know that white sand beaches are made from parrot fish poop? Parrot fish excrete white sand.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
did you know miley cyrus smoked a bong
I did actually, so much for being a "pure kid's icon".

Did you know that 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321? - A palindrome of numbers.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Did you know that girls are allowed to fancy Justin Bieber but if I mention Miley Cyrus then I'm a pervert?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Did you know that girls are allowed to fancy Justin Bieber but if I mention Miley Cyrus then I'm a pervert?
Did you know that people on average are more likely to kill others if ordered to than they are to refuse?

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Did you know that people on average are more likely to kill others if ordered to than they are to refuse?

Has this ever been tested outside of surveys and stuff?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Has this ever been tested outside of surveys and stuff?
Yeah, Milgram - a psychologist. I've studied him at A level.

I can't do the study or Milgram justice off the top of my head but here's a butchered summary of the idea of the study:

He told his participants that he was doing a study on memory. The study was actually measuring obedience in reference to Nazi Germany. Milgram wanted to know how/why ordinary German people could stand by and kill/watch millions of other people be killed, and therefore how far people could go when following orders. Is something right because it is an order? Do we feel that we have any responsibility for something that we've been told to do by a higher authority?

I can't go into detail behind how the (original - there's been many alterations to the experiment over the years to avoid participants being psychologically harmed) was done because it's so long and complicated to type. It'd be much easier to say in words, or just watch the 3 videos at the bottom of this post and see for yourself. It's very worthwhile and interesting.

Here's a link to a watered down explanation of the experiment.

Here's a link to original footage of the experiment - very interesting if you have the time to watch it, or I found it so anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PGnHHnRMk
http/www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzYAdGl_0mA
http/www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSiMM_GIiyA

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.
So are full moons, weirdly enough.

Did you know that the word "lunatic" comes from the word lunar, meaning "of the moon." This is because in old insane asylums, patients used to act up around full moons.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
So are full moons, weirdly enough.

Did you know that the word "lunatic" comes from the word lunar, meaning "of the moon." This is because in old insane asylums, patients used to act up around full moons.

That's cause phases of the moon actually affect brain patterns and process.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
That's cause phases of the moon actually affect brain patterns and process.
That's very interesting, why? And why only when light is reflecting from the moon such that we can see certain portions of it?

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
That's very interesting, why? And why only when light is reflecting from the moon such that we can see certain portions of it?

I don't remember what I read about it, but I believe it has something to do with the gravitational pull.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
The gravitational pull of the moon is the same regardless of how much of the sun's light it reflects our way.

It COULD however, be an evolutionary holdover. But without doing any research on the matter, that's as far as I can speculate.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
The gravitational pull of the moon is the same regardless of how much of the sun's light it reflects our way.

It COULD however, be an evolutionary holdover. But without doing any research on the matter, that's as far as I can speculate.

I was referring to the phases effecting brain process and patterns.

currupted

Reaction score
did u know the moons gravitational pull controls the tide