• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVNT FINISHED HARRY POTTER 7

G

gdude987654321

DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVNT FINISHED HARRY POTTER 7

I would like to have a discussion on the final Harry Potter book with all of the members of project ego that i have come to respect greatly. Before i get into the discussion i would like to say that i am worried that people who have not read the book would read this discussion and find spoilers which would ruin the final book. So i will not discuss the book until i have support from some of project egos members and operators. I leave it up to darkdrakan, projectego, Angel, and the other opperators of this forum whether or not we should have this discussion. I hope to discuss the final book with you all soon.

S

silentbob

Re: DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVNT FINISHED HARRY POTTER 7

there are some points in the book i would like to discuss.

G

gdude987654321

silentbob;116705 said:
there are some points in the book i would like to discuss.

Me too.. Im just going to wait until i get a reply from one of the staff either on here or on the ask the staff anything thread... and if they are for this discussion then i will state how i feel... i dont think any details about the book should be said until one of the staff has said its alright... i would really hate to ruin the book for someone... though i think the title of this thread would keep anyone away that didnt want to know anything

R

Rhadiel

I finished the book yesterday. it was great:). The whole 19 years later thing was just there so no one can make any un-author made sequels. sad...I wish she makes an 8th book. i heard a rumor (or more of a quote) JK-"There might be enough leftover to make an 8th book" but iy would extremely hard to do so, since Harrys time is over...maybe:ninja:

G

gdude987654321

Rhadiel;116708 said:
I finished the book yesterday. it was great:). The whole 19 years later thing was just there so no one can make any un-author made sequels. sad...I wish she makes an 8th book. i heard a rumor (or more of a quote) JK-"There might be enough leftover to make an 8th book" but iy would extremely hard to do so, since Harrys time is over...maybe:ninja:

"Because the world is so big, there would be room to do other stuff," Rowling says carefully. "I am not planning to do that, but I'm not going to say I'm never going to do it."

thats a quote from one of the yahoo interviews woth rowling..she also said that harrys story was over... sry ... i wish shed make another as well as im sure most of the harry potter fans do but i think if she did write a book it wouldnt be directly linked to harry in any way... i think it would be awesome to have a book on dumbledore... and i dont think shes so much worried about ppl making more stories without her permission about harry as she is to stress the fact that she will not write another book about harry potter

R

Rhadiel

Im still hoping tho. maybe she can write books about harrys children...or maybe she coukd start a brand new series of books lol.

G

gdude987654321

Rhadiel;116713 said:
Im still hoping tho. maybe she can write books about harrys children...or maybe she coukd start a brand new series of books lol.
if she ever does i dont think it would be for some years...

R

Rhadiel

for all we know, she might start making it now, look how it took her to HP, if she start a new sereis, she might not finish it for like 30 years lol

G

gdude987654321

her interviews show that she did not enjoy being under the stress of her fans and publishers to finish the book quickly and that she was happy to have more time to spend with her children... she said she was releived and saddened to have ended the story... that being said... nobody knows what she'll do

seeing how it is 7 am where i live and i havnt been to sleep yet im going to state my thoughts on the book and go to bed... i said id wait for a response from the staff but i dont think they will dislike this thread... and if they do they can just delete it...if you havnt finished the book i warn you for the last time to stop reading...

Sooooooooo... i loved the book as im sure most people did... this was by far my favorite book... my former favorite was the 4th...

anyways i loved the turn that dumbledores past provided... i think if she decided to write another book that she should seriously consider writting a book about dumbledore... she should be able to do this as she obviously put alot of thought into his past...

i also really liked all the hallows... well i liked the story of the hallows... i would have picked the wand...

i loved alot of the little things that provided comical relief... such as nevilles grandmother, mcgonagal being a beastly witch with her army of suitrs of armor and desks... plus takin on voldemort... also i really liked how mrs weasley beat down beatrix...

I couldnt figure out the snitch though... or the deluminator... the story book seemed to obviously hide somthing but the deluminator and snitch were such random things yet she managed to pull them together...

so some of my dislikes... im sure some will not agree with these...

I know it would have probably stretched the book along but i would have liked a detaled chapter designated to the grimwald vs dumbledore duel... as such a major part of the story that the elder wand was and dumbledores past she could have written more about what was supposed to be the greatest duel of all time... if she by some small chance writes about dumbledore i hope she puts that in it...

I also greatly disliked the voldemort vs harry duel... herry basically just talked to him for 5 pages and then it was over in a second... i think it should have had more to it... but i guess the duel was as long as it could possibly be because voldemort would surely try to kill harry and he was not the rightful owner...

I also didnt like the whole dream sequence harry had with dumbledore... i was glad she broght dumbledore back... but it didnt make any sense... and you never know who the baby was that was makin all the noise... at least i dont remember her telling us wat it was... i think it was baby voldemort abandoned as a kid... maybe thats painfully obvious or completely wrong... i dont know

the final thing the thing that bothered me the most was the epilogue... here rowling had written what could be considered the greatest series of all time... and she clearly said through the years that she did not want to shield children from death... and wat does she do in the end?... the exact opposite... she just says that harrys scar hadnt hurt him for 19 years and that all is well... she had a disney ending!!!!!!... she basically said and they lived happily ever after... at the very least she could have said: and all is well, for now... or something!... i think that originally she was going to kill off harry and that she was under so much pressure that she didnt... if u have seen stranger than fiction then you would have seen this before... i just wish she had not ended it so happily... should have ended it as realistically as the former books did... i realise she did kill off a great number of characters in her final book and did her share of not hiding death... but the last words of the book are what changed my mind about the book... if she hadnt ended it in such a childish fairy tale way i feel it would have meen much better...

im sure i have made the occasional typo and i beg fable freak and the other strickt typists to not tell me about it... i have already said i am tired and need to go to sleep... so im going to bed and ill respond to all comments later...

S

silentbob

the deal with baby was that it represented voldemorts maimed soul, information found in a article on wikipedia on hp and the deathly hallows.

B

blu phoenix

I have to ask if any of you actually did get spoiled before you recieved the book? Did any of you get spoiled with accurate information?

I did, but in the end it didn't matter because I was so enthralled in JK's brilliantly crafted world that I couldn't care less. Anyways this was the spoiler that I accidently came across...on deviantart. Ughh...I hate it when people spoil, but you know...
It was that Harry and Ginny married and that they had a kid(the other two not mentioned) and they named him Albus Severus.

Anyways, thanks for dedicating a thread just so we can talk and talk.:lol: I don't know how Jk has done it over these years, but she ended it the best way I think. Afterall she's a genius and I wouldn't have been able to end something like this. Tis the best book.

You know there were so many things that people were speculating that did turn up, but they had twists or other things about them. Like:

Snape being in love Lily all that time was speculated. R.A.B. being Regulus, and so many other things, but it relatively surprised me the way Jk wrote about it and described it. Truly incredible how the links fit and everything, I loved it.

Anyways, like I said a masterpiece and Jk's best. Tis sad to see it all go and now we have to look forward to it as a movie, although I don't know how they are going to tackle just a brilliant book.

R

Rhadiel

what do u mean other two not mentioned? Harry and Ginny get married and have 3 kids, James, Lily, and Albus, and Hermione and Ron are married too, they have 1 kid named Rose. and Draco has a wife and kid named Scorpius too ( I think the wife is Pansy Parkinson or something like that)

I dont know how to use spoilers :(. and i dont think it matters, since u shouldnt be in this thread if u didnt finish the book :ninja:

B

blu phoenix

Rhadiel;116768 said:
what do u mean other two not mentioned? Harry and Ginny get married and have 3 kids, James, Lily, and Albus, and Hermione and Ron are married too, they have 1 kid named Rose. and Draco has a wife and kid named Scorpius too ( I think the wife is Pansy Parkinson or something like that)

I dont know how to use spoilers :(. and i dont think it matters, since u shouldnt be in this thread if u didnt finish the book :ninja:

No I mean when I stumbled upon the spoil at DA(deviantart):( They only mentioned Albus, not James and Lily so at that time I didn't know they had other children.;) Trust me Rhadiel, I know the book and I know what happens in it.

R

Rhadiel

oh:lol:. I wonder if she will make a new book about like James or Albus or Lily, Id like that :p prolly wont happen tho. but she said " I never said I'd make an eighth book, but I never said I wouldn't"

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I know I sound Cra-Z,but can you spoil the ending for me?

B

blu phoenix

Triz;116778 said:

Are you crazy? You need to read the book! If you haven't read the others than you should, but if you just want the ending spoiled there are plenty that have leaked over the web, of course.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I can't them.I always have to use the dictonry every other word...lol.

B

blu phoenix

Sorry, but I'm not spoiling it. I'm a major die-hard HP fan and I'm not going to spill the last few details in this final book. It's one of those you've got read.

R

Rhadiel

Triz;116778 said:

y the hell would we do that? go read the book, its great.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

It sucked that Moody died pretty much in the beginning.

He was awesome.