• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVNT FINISHED HARRY POTTER 7

L

LionHeadTex

Re: DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVNT FINISHED HARRY POTTER 7

droded;117752 said:
I said that because Angel told us to:

Just trying to be useful is all...
Haha thats alright...fixing it right now ;)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm such a killjoy...:lol:

L

LionHeadTex

That's alright, Angel...you're just doing your part haha :lol: I just thought people came here so they didn't have to put spoiler tags...but it's no biggie, it's not a hassle either.

Would it be weird if I said I have messy and short black hair, too? Man...it's good I don't have the glasses. Mine are rectangular, not circular. But I remmber when I was 10 years old dressing up as Harry potter for Halloween, and I had to have the scar on for days because it never came off...

I thought I was the same age as Harry until I found out what time period it was. Harry would be in his twenties right now I believe...then again I lack in math.*scratches head* it's true. XD

Wicked part in the book:

At the last word there was a particular grinding noise from above. All of them looked upwards in time to see the crystal chandelier tremble; then, with a creak and an ominous jingling, it began to fall. Bellatrix was directly beneath it; dropping Hermione, she threw herself aside with a scream. The chandelier crashed to the floor in an explosion of crystal and chains, falling on top of Hermione and the goblin, who still clutched the sword of Gryffindor. Glittering shards of crystal fell in all directions. Draco doubled over, his hands covering his bloody face.

As Ron ran to pull Hermione out of the wreckage, Harry took his chance: He lept over an armchair and wrested the three wands from Draco's grip, pointed all of them at Greyback, and yelled, "Stupify!" The werewolf was lifted off his feet by the triple spell, flew up to the ceiling, and then smashed to the ground.

As Narcissa dragged Draco out of the way of further harm, Bellatrix sprang to her feet, her hair flying as she brandished the silver knife, but Narcissa had directed her wand at the doorway.

"Dobby!" She screamed, and even Bellatrix froze. "You! You dropped the chandelier --- ?"

The tiny elf trotted into the room, his shaking finger pointing at his old mistress.

"You must not hurt Harry Potter," he squeaked

"Kill him, Cissy!" shrieked Bellatrix, but there was another loud crack, and Narcissa's wand too flew into the air andlanded on the other side of the room.

"You dirty little monkey!" bawled Bellatrix. "How dare you take a witch's wand, how dare you defy your masters?"

"Dobby has no master!" squeled the elf. "Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

....I changed my sig too. Here's he previous one:

harrypotta.png

R

Rhadiel

i like ur new siggy....kinda...big tho isnt it?

L

LionHeadTex

Rhadiel;117792 said:
i like ur new siggy....kinda...big tho isnt it?
Er...yea, your point.

R

Rhadiel

i have no point, im just saying its kinda big^_^

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

@Walker: No offense intended, and don't take it the wrong way, but I get the feeling they're just not your kind of story as opposed to actually being awful

And the Hermione thing: Well, I've actually seen even the "great' authors make mistakes. I won't go into them, but everyone makes mistakes. I believe one of those two memory charms didn't occur in an earlier draft and for whatever reason neither she or any editors spotted it before it was published. Kind of obvious, but I know darn well it happens a lot >_<"

R

Rhadiel

well actually, i dont think Hermione 'erased' her parents memory, she 'modified' them. erasing and modifying are completely different.

L

LionHeadTex

Yea, she wouldn't erase their memory. They were just under a spell, and until Hermione could break the spell...it would stay.

I agree with Blu about Kings Cross.... I thought it was the perfect part for Harry to talk to Dumbledore, and the figure of the gates to Heaven...how Harry could either go back, or on the train.

But I have to say, my favorite part would be Harry against Voldemort. Half of the time they were in a verbal battle of the sort. This part was great, because Harry could now say that Tom Riddle was all alon, he had no love of friends, he was just a half soul eager for the rest to rise to power. I remember saying, "You're a coward!" and then Harry said in the book, "You're a coward!"....haha.

And then they clashed. I always thought the clash was wicked, because it was two spells just striking eachother. Wind is blowing in all directions, the two distant cries:

"Evada Kedavra!"
"Expelliarmus!"

A Priori Incantatem..... Two forces, one with a dark spell, and the other with a light, clashing together. I just wish I could do that, because it relies on skill rather than power. Not as much as I would want to fly on a broom and snatch a snitch...but yea, the Incantatem is almost as wicked.

My sis just called me Harry Potter...I just ignored it.

R

Rhadiel

LionHeadTex;117917 said:
Yea, she wouldn't erase their memory. They were just under a spell, and until Hermione could break the spell...it would stay.

I agree with Blu about Kings Cross.... I thought it was the perfect part for Harry to talk to Dumbledore, and the figure of the gates to Heaven...how Harry could either go back, or on the train.

But I have to say, my favorite part would be Harry against Voldemort. Half of the time they were in a verbal battle of the sort. This part was great, because Harry could now say that Tom Riddle was all alon, he had no love of friends, he was just a half soul eager for the rest to rise to power. I remember saying, "You're a coward!" and then Harry said in the book, "You're a coward!"....haha.

And then they clashed. I always thought the clash was wicked, because it was two spells just striking eachother. Wind is blowing in all directions, the two distant cries:

"Evada Kedavra!"
"Expelliarmus!"

A Priori Incantatem..... Two forces, one with a dark spell, and the other with a light, clashing together. I just wish I could do that, because it relies on skill rather than power. Not as much as I would want to fly on a broom and snatch a snitch...but yea, the Incantatem is almost as wicked.

My sis just called me Harry Potter...I just ignored it.

lol. i loved that ending...i love the 19 year skip tho.....i hope to god she makes an 8th book some how or at least a story following his son James or Albus

L

LionHeadTex

I think the story of Harry Potter is over...and I'm not sad to say it. It had to happen sometime. Everything ends, some things maybe longer than the others, but still..they end. And it ended well.

But, you know, JKR did presume a book about Dumbledore. But who knows, maybe she wants to just move on. She just wants to spend time with her kids. 17 years of making books, and how much good time with the things that mean the most? I can't be certain. I can't be certain about alot of things. But I know this isn't the end of JK Rowling.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

In response to a couple comments directed at me:

First, yes, other authors do make mistakes, including some of those whom I mentioned. Piers Anthony, in particular, among those I mentioned, does it often... but, unlike Rowling, MOST authors restrict themselves to less than two contradictions per tome. The really good authors, the geniuses, can avoid them throughout huge, long, complex sagas.

Memory charm: no, from everything in the book, erasure and modification are nigh identical, and use the same stupid word, "Obliviate." In any case, Hermione was modifying the two Death Eaters' memories the same way she was her parents, to explain their showing up in the cafe. She needed to replace it with SOMETHING to explain the absence.

Oh, and LHT... you are officially Harry, Potter, or Potthead. You are as obsessed with Rowling as I am with Tolkien, Philip K. Dick, Robert A. Heinlein, and Terry Pratchett. And now I'll go try to read your long, OCD, Rowling/Potter-glorifying "review."

Scratch that last sentence. It was just a summary, if one with a bit... infatuated tone. No offense.

And yeah, I definitely disagree with you on Harry. I agree more with Snape, or Phineas Nigellus's view of him than anyone else's. He's just a moron, and an arrogant one at that. And yes, everyone did... fixate on him. He was often treated as if he could do no wrong, and glorified a great deal. And, for someone who LHT/Harry classs as a loner he has a hell of a lot of... well, the best word is cronies, and is very outgoing and spotlight-fixated. (Note: If you say that he never actually SOUGHT the spotlight, I will thrown things. Whether he sought it or not, he was in it.)

I also don't like the way Rowling wrote Snape, to bring up a new beef. I mean... well, that's another thing I can't explain well. The character had a lot of potential, but, well, I just didn't like the way she did him. Same with a lot of her other "evil" characters, and good ones.

I gotta agree, though. I wanted the Lupin-Greyback-Tonks showdown. Tonks was one of my favorite characters, and I really wanted to see some of the military applications of her (somewhat limited) form-changing. Her and Percy and the twins and Arthur and Shortarse-- ah, I mean Longbottom-- and Luna. Oh, and maybe Molly Weasley as well. But my wanting to see more of them, though, is more of a personal preference/opinion thing.

But then, most of my dislike of her characters is technically opinion, albeit opinion backed up by something like ten years of reading nearly everything I could get my hands on except for romances and comic books/graphic novels. And recently I've been reading (some very few) comic books and graphic novels, too.

L

LionHeadTex

Hey Walker.

First off, i'm not obesessed with Harry Potter. But I like it. And I don't care if I was. It's a great series, and it's people like you who pick the little things out and don't get the true meaning. If you're surprised or rather disgusted that Harry got a spotlight, you should know how he did: by surviving the killing curse, Avada Kedavra. I see him trying to get away from the spotlight, rather than towards it.

In fact, you may be right. But then again,this is a Harry Potter thread...what do you want me to talk about, something that you want to hear? Because hey, i'm all ears.

Second, and maybe most importantly, I love to make long posts. I'm not going to lie, and i'm certainly not going to insult you on that matter. Since this was a spoiler thread, I put spoilers in my review. Make sense...

You know why I love the Harry Potter series? It's real. There are people who have character, who react to things like some of us would, who are real instead of invincible. Vulnerable, brave, dramatic...real. There's also a touch of fantasy, which I can't resist. It's also fun, and i've grown up with it.

I love Tolkien. In fact, I know more Tolkien than I would of Harry Potter. But I love Harry Potter just the same. I think your taste of literature is great, too.

Thanks for the Pothead joke though, I laughed just as I did when I heard it from the thousand other sites on the internet.

Oh yea, and Harry is somewhat a dimwit, but aren't we all? He's real. He's not just some invincible hero. You might think otherwise, but then again I don't really care what you think about that. No offense.

Then again, you're entitled your opinion. Just like you're constantly picking out that Hermione, Memory Charm deal going on. And you know, I agree....that you're entitled to your opinion.

But there's a fine line between intelligence and ignorance. First off, you insulted me, which i'm fine with. OCD? Pothead? Go ahead. See if I care. But truthfully, it's a bit unintelligent.

Overall, thanks Walker ;). I enjoyed reading your reply...

just as much as I enjoy watching paint dry.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

LionHeadTex;117970 said:
First off, you insulted me, which i'm fine with. OCD? Pothead? Dumbass? Crack Dealer?

Haha I get it...>.<

Anyway, I know there isn't a real war of words yet, but try to prevent any fights.

Control your tempers people, remember what happened to Vegeta ;)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

They're big boys - it'll be fine so long as it doesn't get too much more personal ;)

Ok, question - what the hell was all that about with
the creature huddled under the chair when Harry and Dumbledore are talking towards the end of the book?
I probably missed something, but what was the point of it?

L

LionHeadTex

The creature stood for death, and it was a message for Harry to not pity the dead, but to pity the living and the ones without love. It's page 722 in the book.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I don't have a page 722 in my book...:ermm:....only goes up to 607. Maybe I got a weird copy...

But thanks for clarifying...I just didn't quite understand the relevance of it being there...

H

HodgePodge

The UK editions have smaller print or something :p I think you're wrong though Blu. I think that creature is the part of Voldemort that was in Harry, and when Harry leaves "King's Cross" he leaves that part behind.

L

LionHeadTex

"Do not pity the dead, Harry, Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love." I think the creature was the symbol of the dead, how not to pity it so much and forget the living....I don't know, but I also think it was a symbol of what Tom Riddle could be, how that part in Harry's mind was gone...and it couldn't be touched or used ever again. Can't be certain :lol:*scratches back of head*

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Aborted Foetus

(I thought it symbolised Voldemort too).