• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Less than an hour ago. There's a bunch of confused masses of information being posted. Not clear how many wounded, how bad, any dead.

And absolutely no information about causes. Attack or accident, or who did it if it was an attack.

This **** is ****ed.

And if it's an attack... domestic tax protest? North Korean? Miscellaneous Muslim? None of the above?

EDIT: And I feel like a dick, because my reaction is more curiosity than sadness.

Edit2: Nah, never mind, feeling depressed now.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Don't feel bad for being curious, it's kinda natural considering no one seems to know WTF is going on. I literally JUST heard about this and my first thought was, "Wow, this is it; it's finally over; end of the line, Kim Jong Un's done it, he's really done it. Woman, hand me my bottle cap collection - I know how this'll go down." But from what I've heard it's not him, and most likely a violent protest. So far 2 have been confirmed dead by the cops. There was another explosion at the JFK library and apparently one guy lost his leg.

And now, you definitely won't feel bad because all I can think about is the irony in that a man lost his leg at a marathon. brb gonna say hai to Lucifer.

EDIT: They just found a fourth bomb and they're trying to disarm it.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Holy crap... and during the Boston Marathon. That's ****ed up, really. I could understand nuking the White House, but this...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I'm going to edit this to remove a few of the times I called Dark Intellect a dickhead, okay? Edited version follows.

A

First, I'd like to direct you to the following Cracked article. It isn't especially funny, but entry #6, the first one on the first page, is somewhat relevant to your situation here: The Six Stupidest Internet Reactions to Shocking News Stories.

Dude. Tell me. To you get ****ed at people who lose family members to cancer because they didn't care about cancer victims before that day?

Did you get ****ed when everyone freaked out over the shootings in Newtown, bitching that people get shot every day, so they're hypocrites to yell about a mass murder?

Bombings, terrorist attacks and warfare is very well known to the people of Iraq, before the American invasion, the Russians were there and the people have been faced with death and warfare ever since.

Just want to point out that the Russians never invaded, occupied, or took over Iraq. They did fight a war in Afghanistan, but that was a complete clusterfuck. And not really relevant here.

However, after the Boston boming's people's reactions have irritated me; why does Boston matter when people die at the other side of the world that we jointly as the UN have waged war upon, and America has been fighting this 10 year long war on "Terrorism"

Guess what! People matter! Here, there, every goddamn where! Rant that dead Bostonians don't matter because people far away die too? Ignore the fact that people come from all over the world to run in this stupid race? You're an insensitive jerk.

WHAT THE ****.

This isn't "who has it worse." This isn't "oh, you can't mourn your dead and feel for your wounded because there's people dying over there and I think it's your fault." This is PEOPLE ARE ****ING DEAD. People are hurt! People who, as it happens, are from the same place I am! Yes, I ****ing care.

Do I care about other people getting hurt? Yes, yes I do. But I also care about people in MY ****ING COUNTRY GETTING KILLED AND HURT BY SOME PRICK WITH A BOMB.

I am just showing that I am irritated by the hypocrisy that people are showing. Bombings and deaths happen every day, but whenever it happens in any country that people seem to "like" it's always important.

This is not hypocrisy.

You? You might be a hypocrite. You say that none of us actually care, but do you? What have you done lately? DO SOMETHING YOU DICK.

Get a job with an NGO. Work for the red cross. Research the causes of terrorism and ways to encourage peaceful resolutions. Do SOMETHING.

DON'T BE A PRICK ABOUT DEAD PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET.

EDIT2: Also, don't doublepost. Like, totally rude, dude.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Sad news really. A lot of problems going on the world but it's never nice to see something like this happen to innocent people.

Who did it? I heard people say it was Al Qaeda which was weird. I'm not bomb expert, but surely a terrorist organisation such as that would be able to deliver a bigger blast.. I think it's just some crazy guy. Like the man who did the shootings in the schools, there's nuts people out there.

Terrible for those involved, wish the best of luck to family and friends.

Another note, I agree with you both on the argument you're having. For Dark Intellect, I agree that when a something tragic happens in a country that people "like" (such as America) things blow out of proportion.. This really does happen everywhere. At the same time, I get Walker's point in that's it's respect for the dead no matter how many casualties or who it's happened to.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Walker, capital letters and swear words really don't help here. I don't agree with the entirety of his post either, but raging will only cause more unnecessary anger.

Now, Dark Intellect, Walker is right about one thing: the mainstream American media doesn't exactly report on everything. They'd prefer that the American people are blissfully ignorant of the plights of others across the globe. But when bombs go off in the United States, they're all over it. So it's understandable that the American people don't know about this kind of thing when it happens in other parts of the world.

As for who was responsible for these bombs today, it had to have been something domestic. As usual, some uninformed people will point to Al Qaeda out of habit, but the attack would have been much larger if it had been carried out by any foreign entity. Not to mention that North Korea won't be attacking anyone.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
My friend works literally right around the corner, on the duck tours. I was freaking out when I heard.

She's fine, though.

****ed up ****, I agree.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ich werde diese bearbeiten, um ein paar der Zeit rief ich Dunkle Intelligenz ein Schwachkopf, okay entfernen? Bearbeitet Fassung folgt.

A

Erstens würde Ich mag Sie die folgenden Cracked Artikel zu lenken. Es ist nicht besonders lustig, aber Eintrag # 6, das erste auf der ersten Seite, ist etwas für Ihre Situation hier: Die Sechs Stupidest Internet Reaktionen auf Shocking News Stories.

Alter. Sagen Sie mir. Um Ihnen bei Menschen, die Familienmitglieder zu verlieren, um Krebs zu bekommen sauer, weil sie nicht über Krebskranken vor diesem Tag egal war?

Hast du sauer, wenn jeder sich über die Dreharbeiten in Newtown ausgeflippt, Schimpfen, dass Menschen erschossen werden jeden Tag, so dass sie Heuchler sind über einen Massenmord schreien?

Ich will nur darauf hinweisen, dass die Russen nie überfallen, besetzt oder übernahmen Irak. Sie haben einen Krieg in Afghanistan, aber das war ein voller Clusterfuck. Und nicht wirklich relevant.

Guess what! Menschen egal! Hier, dort, jeden verdammten wo! Rant, dass tote Bostonians keine Rolle, weil die Menschen weit weg zu sterben? Ignorieren Sie die Tatsache, dass Menschen aus der ganzen Welt kommen, um in diesem blöden Rennen laufen? Du bist ein unsensibler Ruck.
Was zum Teufel.

Dies ist nicht "wer hat es noch schlimmer." Dies ist nicht "oh, kann man nicht trauern, eure Toten und das Gefühl für Ihren verletzt, weil es Menschen sterben dort, und ich denke, es ist deine Schuld." Dies ist MENSCHEN SIND f ****** TOT. Die Menschen sind verletzt! Menschen, die, wie es geschieht, sind von der gleichen Stelle bin ich! Ja, ich f ****** Pflege.

Muss ich über andere Menschen zu verletzen kümmern? Ja, ja ich tue. Aber ich habe auch über die Menschen in MY f ****** LAND getötet und von einigen SCHWANZ VERLETZT mit einer Bombe zu kümmern.

Dies ist nicht Heuchelei.

Sie? Sie könnten ein Heuchler. Sie sagen, dass keiner von uns wirklich egal, aber tun Sie? Was haben Sie in letzter Zeit getan? ETWAS TUN SIE RUTE.

Holen Sie sich einen Job bei einer NGO. Die Arbeiten für das Rote Kreuz. Forschung die Ursachen des Terrorismus und Wege zur friedlichen Lösungen zu fördern. Etwas zu tun.

NICHT A SCHWANZ über tote Menschen auf dem Internet sein.

EDIT 2: Auch nicht Doublepost. Wie, gesamt unhöflich, alter.

Picture_2_c.jpg

I read your post and I wondered how it would look in German. Turns out you look a thousand times angrier so I added in rage guy for sh*ts and giggles.

I'll be going now.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I heard about this first on 4chan, thats abit weird isn't it?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah I find it hypocritical. Just like the hystery over Amanda Todd. Nobody gives a f*** about ugly people who get bullied to the point of suicide. But when it happens to an attractive white teenager everyone is all over it like flies on ****.

People get blown up daily in the Middle East. Nobody cares 'cause dem Mooslems are always blowing up, right?

Three people die in the US and it isn't merely a national but international tradgedy.

It is also hypocritical of me to make this post because as a Swede I'm far enough away to not be greatly affected by either.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
That's the way things go when things happen in the United States. We're the home of the world's largest corporations and richest people, and among those are the mainstream media corporations. They helped do the same thing when 9/11 happened. About 3,000 people died, and the government decides to spend trillions of dollars over the course of more than a decade to kill people in the name of "preventing" it from happening again even though any given American has a better chance of being killed by a f*cking meteor than by a terrorist attack. Meanwhile, during those years, heart disease and cancer kill millions of people just in the United States. Where's the trillions of dollars for funding to research cures? I'll tell you where: it's in the form of lead being pumped into some brown people across the ocean.

But those are American priorities for you, eh?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
^ Hypocrisy as in, you guys suddenly care about bombings and deaths when a lot of them happen almost every day.

Implying people don't care if they aren't making 10 threads about it every day.
Talking about these forums, perhaps only myself, but still.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Implying people don't care if they aren't making 10 threads about it every day.
Talking about these forums, perhaps only myself, but still.

I don't think he meant forum-wise.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I can always trust to see a healthy wollip of cynicism from the Ego forums.

Never fails.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
^ Hypocrisy as in, you guys suddenly care about bombings and deaths when a lot of them happen almost every day.

644698_503760993012490_2030757713_n.jpg

Its because the media shows us it, we then have to think about it, but nobody's going around moaning and crying over starving/diseased africans the thousands that die daily , or the jews/christians/buddhists being killed by muslims.

TBH I'm really sick of this ****, whenever theres been a death I have to pretend to give a damn as to not look 'weird' well I don't know these people so I'm not going to mourn them, because honestly it does drive me nuts that only certain accidents or killings get publicised. I'm not saying I don't care about them dying I just don't know them and I can't do anything to stop it so why work yourself up over it? I saw the picture of the guy who had his legs blown off yeah real sad, but its happened now and theres nothing I can do so why should I think about it anymore than that?

Somewhere today a zebra got eaten alive, do you feel bad for that zebra? Somewhere else a soldier died, another place a woman was stoned to death, a child died of malaria, aids, dehydration, starvation, all of this and I'm dying of boredom of the bloody media.

As far as I'm concerned we're overpopulated as it is, so things happening like this everyday all over the world is a factor in leveling it out slightly.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned we're overpopulated as it is

I'm not so sure about that. Realistically, we don't actually know the carrying capacity of the Earth, but I think that right now, we're just poorly managed, not overpopulated.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned we're overpopulated as it is, so things happening like this everyday all over the world is a factor in leveling it out slightly.

Not really. Us in the Western world aren't really the main culprit when it comes to overpopulation. We're not even close.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
They had a big meeting about whether the London Marathon should still take place in light of what happened in Boston - not least because Prince Harry is going to be in attendance. They're still going to let the marathon go ahead but security is going to be insanely tight...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
You'll have to forgive me for not reading or replying to any other posts in this thread-- I was extremely annoyed by a few posts and I'm just avoiding argument.

That being said... beginning last night, they started zeroing in. Running gun battle featuring explosives with the suspects. One suspect dead, one MIT police officer dead. Remaining suspect is on the run still, Boston and its environs are completely shut down as they try to find him.

And the worst part is? It's a domestic attack. Apparently the guys immigrated from Russia. Chechen descent, lived in the Chechnya/Dagestan/Ingushetia area.

And it's like... ****, it's domestic. One of our own... and they're immigrants. And they're Chechens. Chechen terrorist/insurgent groups are kinda in a gray area. They frequently do terrible, awful things but they get a bit of sympathy for their motivations over here.

And so far as motivations go... attacking the US doesn't do much for the Chechen nationalist cause, so it's probably motivated by a religious ideology, and I really hate religious attacks.

Also, I'm a terrible person. I find it... amusing, in a sick way, after there were all these people posting terrible racist things as soon as the bomb went off that, okay, fine, dudes were Muslim, but they are the literal DEFINITION of Caucasian.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently the guys have family in Maryland. Their uncles live just outside and have been all over the news. Which is weird.