• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 Combat/Death Interview

C

cometojames

Re: Fable 2 Combat/Death Interview

its good that they still dont have a shield. i would see holding a shield as annoying like in oblivion oo how i despise that game ( wanna be rpg)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Rhadiel;110002 said:
hmmm maybe for lvling up...they ll do this...the more u USE the area of skill the more u grow in it.....like...u dont 'spend' the xp....like in real life...the more u practice fighting and sword skills and physical ull become more muscular and well built, and so and so forth with will and skill

( and hopefully the changes wont be as dramatic.....)

Id like that actually, the more you use a skill the more it advances that means theres no need to spend XP on skill areas you dont use moves and techniques from to often.

Sephiroxas;110005 said:
Yeah, well we have to keep in mind it's a (work in progress) It even says so in the bottom right corner of the screen. So he may or may not include experience/orbs.

Yeah i understand that but the effect is basic and if they can include more complex animations i would have thought they would have added them in by now. They might have removed them to make the action have a more realistic look to it for demo purposes however.

R

Rhadiel

Dark Drakan;110009 said:
Id like that actually, the more you use a skill the more it advances that means theres no need to spend XP on skill areas you dont use moves and techniques from to often.

Yeah i understand that but the effect is basic and if they can include more complex animations i would have thought they would have added them in by now. They might have removed them to make the action have a more realistic look to it for demo purposes however.

yay! he agrees with me=] anyways...if he wants to make the game more lifelike, id go with my idea lol....and like i said...hopefully the changes arent as dramatic....id dont want to be 8tf tall and 4 feet wide if i master strength and skill....maybe 6'4' and 2ft wide(i think)

C

cometojames

ive just watched the video again (about 10th time) and i noticed at the beginning he said he is lossing hisvoice over the first day of demo's so i think he is going to be showing the demo of to more companies and hopefully one of those game sites will video it for us to see.

R

Rhadiel

cometojames;110052 said:
ive just watched the video again (about 10th time) and i noticed at the beginning he said he is lossing hisvoice over the first day of demo's so i think he is going to be showing the demo of to more companies and hopefully one of those game sites will video it for us to see.

guess so....i heard that when i first watched it.=]

J

Jester.

that video was pure awesomeness!

SCARS FRIGGN SCARS!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAA!

shweet Im so thrilled about how much better the combat looks

Z

Zingo

You can actually punch people with your sword drawn!
And i really hope that the environement can be used like Molyneux says, throwing people out of windows, down from stairs and throwing stuff like bottles on them. That would just be great.

But who doesnt remember the "if a nut falls on the ground in Fable, it will grow up to a tree" hype...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Zingo;110072 said:
But who doesnt remember the "if a nut falls on the ground in Fable, it will grow up to a tree" hype...

That was more an idea about how he wanted the world to evolve over time than a feature in the game, it was an idea that they quoted him out of context on.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;109857 said:
I liked the zoom in effect. When the animation slowed down slightly, and the camera zoomed in on the fight.
That was really cool
Jester.;110061 said:
that video was pure awesomeness!

SCARS FRIGGN SCARS!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAA!

shweet Im so thrilled about how much better the combat looks
I might let one of my characters get smacked around for extra scars

Sephiroxas;110091 said:
It came from E3
We bring you an overview of the Fable 2 press coverage after the first day of E3 Lionhead Studios News / LH Times
Thanks Markie

J

Jester.

Albion Knight;110168 said:
That was really cool

Thanks Markie
oh hell yeah i hear you on that
howed you get that scar
"well this one the one that kinda looks like a backwards 17 was well from a group of hungry pirate bandits.....ahhhhh goood times goood times"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;110168 said:

At least you will have the option without having to reload game saves a load of times.

J

Jester.

and alot of pure frustration

R

Rhadiel

true...so...did he say that u can die at all? guess u just get knocked out huh....=]

J

Jester.

yeah but whos gonna be upset about that =p

R

Rhadiel

well....i would....what if ur character cant get up? and u just sit there watching ur poor character get the livin **** beat outa him....id feel bad...and id want to kill them...kill them ALL!!!!!!!....so i guess thats what Peter M meant when he meant 'emotion':):)

J

Jester.

ied rather be helpless getting the **** kicked out of me then replay hours of things i already did

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Rhadiel;110602 said:
true...so...did he say that u can die at all? guess u just get knocked out huh....=]

Yeah thats about right, plus you will be covered in scars you cant get rid of.

Rhadiel;110612 said:
well....i would....what if ur character cant get up? and u just sit there watching ur poor character get the livin **** beat outa him....id feel bad...and id want to kill them...kill them ALL!!!!!!!....so i guess thats what Peter M meant when he meant 'emotion':):)

Well thats the idea, you dont have to reload so you can get angry about your scars and do what you want... but what if your a good guy and dont want to kill people =]

J

Jester.

i think ill keep my scars unless there really all that bad