• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 announced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Fable 3 announced!!!

Ive posted an article on the main page about this (seemed to be worthy). :lol:

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

I LOVE YOU.
Ive been trying to get on the front page FOR AGES, ever since I joined! Seriously, not lying.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Chicken Chaser;330458 said:
I LOVE YOU.
Ive been trying to get on the front page FOR AGES, ever since I joined! Seriously, not lying.

Well there you go. :lol:

Dentie

Reaction score

YEEEEEEY fable 3 gonna buy it as soon as it is out in 2010 :)

Zjuggernaut;330419 said:
It was a big jump from Xbox to Xbox 360. That could be why it took 4 years.

i think this was the problem why fable II took that long

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Yay, I can't wait.^_^ +rep

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I think i'll like the concept of the new fable. I just hope they dont do anything stupid

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Aw. I was hoping Scythe would end up being your guide in this installment. Oh well.

Anyway, this is really exciting. I wish they would have given out more information, but this will do for now. I love the new logo, as well; it kind of gives off a serious, yet still magical feel. I hope the game retains it.

I also like the idea of the dynamic touch thing mentioned in the IGN article. Hopefully, this will help to make in-game relationships feel a lot more... real, I guess would be the word.

Your character acting as a ruler seems pretty awesome as well, especially since being a ruler apparently opens up a ton of side quests, if I interpreted that section correctly. However, I must ask: since you're apparently the ruler, how would renown work? After all, you're kind of the king of everything, you know? I suppose you'll get all the renown you need in the first half of the game or something.

Your character being the son/daughter of your Fable II character is interesting. When I first read that, I thought of how cool it would be if your starting alignment mirrored your mother/father's, but I guess that would be a little inconvenient. The biggest question I have, though, is how the game will work if you don't have a Fable II save. My guess is that it'll randomly generate a parent for you or something.

But yeah, this is amazing. I'm currently telling my older brother all about it. He's pretty excited as well.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!111!!one!!!!

We're on the main page ^^

Congratulations for myself, Xeon and Chicken Chaser.
@ Chicken Chaser: You've been trying to get on the main page for ages? XD, i didn't even know that was possible, and look at my very first thread. =D

Fabl3!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

D3m190d;330479 said:
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!111!!one!!!!

We're on the main page ^^

Congratulations for myself, Xeon and Chicken Chaser.
@ Chicken Chaser: You've been trying to get on the main page for ages? XD, i didn't even know that was possible, and look at my very first thread. =D

Fabl3!

Couldnt have picked a better first thread to be honest. :lol:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

I dont like the sound of having to charm the girl first and have it take up to 30 min to get laid. when my hero comes back from slaying a dragon, he wants sex NOW :lol:

Dentie

Reaction score

Lol dutchmen have great timing (said by a fellow dutchmen)
gratz for getting on main page D3m190d, Xeon and Chicken Chaser.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

im absolutely positiveley hyperactivited Happy :D but does that theres going to be no next dlc i wanted some content to hold me down till 2010 even left 4 dead is doing it and its only a month away from release plzzzzz lionhead

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

:sniff: :sniff: i smell another tournament/raffle
congrats to the info givers on page status
i hope this next installment will captivate me more than the second

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

JIZZ IN MY PANTS.

Good greif, that video had me shaking.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Dentie;330488 said:
Lol dutchmen have great timing (said by a fellow dutchmen)
gratz for getting on main page D3m190d, Xeon and Chicken Chaser.

Lol, I immediately started this thread after I heard about Fabl3, and I'm Dutch:lol:
Talking about Dutchmen with timing. >_>

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yes! I didn't think this was what the whole "revolution" thing was going to be about, but what the hell-- this is awesome.

And they've been hinting at it for the last six days on their website, the bastards.

But yeah, definitely looks like Theresa's coming back/still around and from the plot it definitely sounds like Scythe is gonna pop up.

R

Razorback

Chicken Chaser;330434 said:
So if it does read off of your saves,
you think your hero could make a appearance?
I think that might be the whole point. Your hero from II going on to become a king or queen in III.

Chicken Chaser;330434 said:
And based off of saves, if theres books in the game, they could be reading the saves and writing the books how you played out fable 2.
That would be a pretty cool idea. You could go into the castle library and read about how the Hero of Bower Lake helped to clean up Old Town or rid the land of gargoyles. Your actions in II could even help your reputation and rally more support in III.

It would also be cool if the statues you commisioned in II were still in the same places and poses (maybe a little moss-covered by now).

Dentie

Reaction score

D3m190d;330503 said:
Lol, I immediately started this thread after I heard about Fabl3, and I'm Dutch:lol:
Talking about Dutchmen with timing. >_>

lol i know you are dutch thats why i said it lol

Lionheart

Reaction score

Wow, just a year away and I love the concept art and the possiblity of venturing to other continents but fable 1+2 have called Albion a world, I hope they don't have areas with loading seperations in number 3, and the possible implimentation of project natal (and the fact lionhead were one of the first to start programming for it) get me excited. I think lionhead should stick to there roots though stratergy should definetly take a back seat to the RPG elements, the fact that they have only moved the time period along 20 years or so makes me think that not much could have changed in albion and that this scenario is constructed by Theresa in the spire as her 'wish' the teaser says Albion is in need of a ruler and yet your old hero could not have died so early without an intervention ( bandits :ninja: ) Im already looking forward to the day when I can rush out and buy it :D

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Lionheart;330595 said:
Wow, just a year away and I love the concept art and the possiblity of venturing to other continents but fable 1+2 have called Albion a world, I hope they don't have areas with loading seperations in number 3, and the possible implimentation of project natal (and the fact lionhead were one of the first to start programming for it) get me excited. I think lionhead should stick to there roots though stratergy should definetly take a back seat to the RPG elements, the fact that they have only moved the time period along 20 years or so makes me think that not much could have changed in albion and that this scenario is constructed by Theresa in the spire as her 'wish' the teaser says Albion is in need of a ruler and yet your old hero could not have died so early without an intervention ( bandits :ninja: ) Im already looking forward to the day when I can rush out and buy it :D

Strategy is part of their roots-- just not in Fable. I could've sworn they said they moved the timeline along 50 years, and in that time your Hero could have died of old age or gotten sick of the job and abdicated or whatever.

I do remember some references to "the world of Albion" but I don't think anyone actually interpreted that as saying the whole world. After all, there were always references to Samarkand and wherever the hell Thunder and Whisper came from and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.