• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 looking MMOish?

So do you think Fable 3 should be more MMOish

• Yes that would be awesome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score
Fable 3 looking MMOish?

Fable 2 looks ever so slightly MMOish cause u can talk trade and and fight together but would you like to see fable 3 look a little bit more MMOish like if u choose to go online there is one world for everyone where you can battle, destroy or protect the cities and lots more features and offline mode for people who just like fable as it is just continue with the story but with no subscription. Tell me what you think... i would love it maybe but then ive played world of warcraft before and thats just me

X

Xeon

Re: Fable 3 looking MMOish?

What I would likie is to be able to invite someone into my world, using their own character, having just as much freedom as I have and god damned splitscreen mode, that same screen **** is something that belonged to the 90's

D

Dorian Grey

Fable MMO sounds plausible, but it would lose the primary story element to something more PvP which is difficult to plot. An MMO spin off game based less around a single hero and either on major major teamwork to take out a huge enemy or fighting other heroes in the Colosseum. But as the main game, it would ruin the feel completely so...NO! Good idea for a spin-off, but main game, NO!!!!

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

mmos need constant updates to keep the story long and the server smooth. It would be too much to handle.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I would prefer it to be RPG instead of an MMO. MMOs don't really have a good story, unless it's based on an ancient lore (ie. Warcraft I, II, III -> WoW). If that's the case, then yes, it could be suitable to RP in an MMO.
But yes, I hope they'll continue to make it an RPG instead of MMO. I can't see a reason to switch all the sudden as it would do nothing but ruin the series.

X

Xeon

An RPG with decent multiplayer would do

anain12

Reaction score

I wouldn't like it as an MMO but better multiplayer is something i desire :). Like Xeon, he won't live without better multiplayer. You should be able to choose between splitscreen and the same screen. Why not? Yes?

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

I would like to see MMO on Fable, because the playing time would be longer and you would also find something new everything, new people, maybe more chose, Hero guild (;D) ectra. But Lionhead have to do it right so they don't damage the main story, don't make multiplayer to a part of the main story, just make it to a bonus.. or something lika that.

X

Xeon

EgoAlchemist;315084 said:
I would like to see MMO on Fable, because the playing time would be longer and you would also find something new everything, new people, maybe more chose, Hero guild (;D) ectra. But Lionhead have to do it right so they don't damage the main story, don't make multiplayer to a part of the main story, just make it to a bonus.. or something lika that.

Make it somewhat like WoW, base it on Fables lore but don't make a main story that players will play through. Familliar faces and places will do

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

many mixed opinions here who has actually played a MMO tht has voted no towards mmo likeness but you do have a point maybe it would complicate the game a lot maybe just a good multiplayer will do maybe more than one hero joining your game good points guys

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

If Fable III had a multiplayer function, it would become huge.

It could be a little iffy in many aspects though, for one, with MMORPGs constant update is required and with updates through Xbox you need microsoft points, unless the updates are free but like that's going to happen. :p

For those who can't afford the Microsoft points, their version of the game won't recognise any new items etc. from updates.

So maybe they'd have to make updates free. :shifty:

To be quite honest though, just a simple PvP function would be great in Fable III.

:)

EgoAlchemist

It's over 9000!!1!11
Reaction score

mmos need constant updates to keep the story long and the server smooth. It would be too much to handle.
You update Fable 2 also when you download expansion like knothole, see the future ect.

Silver.

Reaction score

And if i'm correct the knothole patch opens up new weps?

If you traded one of the new weapons with someone who doesn't have the patch the game wouldn't recognise the new wep.

Kind of like when you try to trade Lugia to Pokemon Red.

Pokemon Red: "Wtf is that?" o_O

xD

Cain

Reaction score

Lol. I have been on WoW and the updates don't just include weapons. New abilities, new areas, new classes, new quests and all that stuff which would cost a lot if you put in into microsoft points.

Silver.

Reaction score

Ultramarine;316116 said:
Lol. I have been on WoW and the updates don't just include weapons. New abilities, new areas, new classes, new quests and all that stuff which would cost a lot if you put in into microsoft points.

But even still, just thinking of turning fable into an MMORPG is quite.. crazy, considering a major factor of the game is how NPC's react to the things you do, imagine the amount of work for Lionhead will have to get through in order to make NPCs react to millions and millions of people around the world in one controlled environment.

It kind of makes you want to beat peter molyneux's head in, right?

:sly:

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

The way I see it, Fable III has the potential to be an MMO, but I dont think it will be. it would be awesome though. mabey not compleatly MMO, but have the abuility to go online and play with everyone else. still single player like fable 1 and 2, but have an MMO option. that would be awesome.

and it needs to have an arena to fight others in. but not have it so people can attack anyone at will, that would be annoying.

but like I said, awesome idea, but I dont see it happening. I hope Im wrong though.

X

Xeon

I would like to see the ability to invite players to your world over xbox live, using their own characters on their own screen being able to roam through albion, the monsters and bosses would become tougher and tougher depending on the number of players currently in your world.

Respawning bosses and loot would be awesome too for this multiplayer function

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Mmmm... from Molyneux's mushrooming, and from the multiplayer elements in Fable 2, I would say that it's POSSIBLE that Fable 3 will have more MMO-ish characteristics.

Cain

Reaction score

That gives me an idea

Murgo: Hey projectego(Just using you as an example) your a good guy
*At the same time*
Murgo: Please don't hurt me SilverHRIZN(sorry)
*Does this at the same time for 1 million other users*
*Server crashes*

lol

Aceclaw

Reaction score

noo i dont want a fable 3 mmo i already play WoW and if fable 3 were a mmo i wouldnt care much about it i think it would ruin it

Status
Not open for further replies.