• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 4... steampunk fable?

Cain

Reaction score
Re: Fable 4... steampunk fable?

Fallout and Oblivion Nexus beg to differ. It being steampunk would put into a mixture of fantasy and victorian/gothic era not in the far future. And Star Wars is set in the past.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Chase;430906 said:
This is why fans shouldn't make video game extensions. Fable series is great, and futuristic would not only ruin the point, but change it completely. It would be like star wars or something, and not Fable. It has made a name of itself for being in its time era. I think we should respect that.

Err... I don't think you realize how far into the future we've already gone. Go play the original Fable, then the second Fable and then look at all the stuff in Fable III. You'd think a lot differently if you did. Besides, steampunk technology isn't exactly something I'd call "futuristic".

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

GrimWhim;431083 said:
Err... I don't think you realize how far into the future we've already gone. Go play the original Fable, then the second Fable and then look at all the stuff in Fable III. You'd think a lot differently if you did. Besides, steampunk technology isn't exactly something I'd call "futuristic".

Isn't Steampunk tech just how we would have technology in modern times if we actually still clung to steam-powered wonders. With some futuristic stuff like robots and all that jazz.

I could easily see a clockwork hobbe coming into a game.

grogpole

Lord High Grand Duke of all Chickens of Albion
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;430842 said:
Thing is though, like for a final game, I would wish they'd let us choose an era of time for us. Like say the final game we travel as an immortal from beginning of the fable universe to an end. And once the game be completed we can choose era's we'd like to live in via time machine.

That would be EPIC you could go back to the hero of fable 2's time and see them running around doing quests and steampunk would be epic too, i also DESPERATLY want them to let you use old ingdom gear in 3, 4, 5 etc so like 'guns that shoot lightning' and stuff!:lol:

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Rat;431100 said:
Isn't Steampunk tech just how we would have technology in modern times if we actually still clung to steam-powered wonders. With some futuristic stuff like robots and all that jazz.

I could easily see a clockwork hobbe coming into a game.

That's basically what steampunk is. Interesting, huh? So really, there would be nothing wrong with them giving the game steampunk elements. They're in the perfect era to do so but as I mentioned earlier, it's been rumored the last two games will take place in the Old Kingdom.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Rumors are rumors. The main point I brought this up is because we can't have a fable in modern futuristic times like ours. It simply wouldn't work, so we just take an alternate universe of our world that would work. I mean we got those clockwork guns and clockwork tattoos. Barnum's even got the right clothing too for an engineer of sorts. It's simply to fill the gap for the future. I mean there should be a point where the game turns back time but there should also be an advancement too. And we can't truly confirm the settings of the next game anyway, they just recently finished the 3rd game.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Even rumors have some truth to them.

But yeah, I'd like to see a steampunk Fable game or any steampunk game. I don't think anyone has ever made one... at least, not a very popular one.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I hope that there is no Fable IV. There is no reason. If Fable III is fantastic, ground-breaking awesomeness then they should end the series with that, rather than to fade into obscurity and crappiness that will cost me $120 for the next two games. If Fable III sucks, then it's pretty obvious why they shouldn't continue. The same for if it's okay. Three tries is enough. If you don't make a landmark game by then, then you should move on.

Also, I know P.M. already confirmed Fable IV and Fable V. I just don't think that's good. The development of a sequel should be dependent on the reception of its predecessor.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Steampunk is a direction I'd totally love to see Fable go in. It would maintain the same sort of feeling, but still be more advanced. Definitely a good idea.

king_reaver

Reaction score

imagine gameplay fly machine battle, driving machine race, submarine explorations.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

POOP;431299 said:
I hope that there is no Fable IV. There is no reason. If Fable III is fantastic, ground-breaking awesomeness then they should end the series with that, rather than to fade into obscurity and crappiness that will cost me $120 for the next two games. If Fable III sucks, then it's pretty obvious why they shouldn't continue. The same for if it's okay. Three tries is enough. If you don't make a landmark game by then, then you should move on.

Also, I know P.M. already confirmed Fable IV and Fable V. I just don't think that's good. The development of a sequel should be dependent on the reception of its predecessor.

Why are you judging games that don't even exist yet? PM is one of the few devs out there that actually genuinely care about the games he makes, and more importantly, about the fans, too. I trust him to keep going right up to V if that's what he, and Lionhead as a whole, want to do.

It's not like it's gonna be Halo all over again. I don't think PM is stupid enough to let that happen.

Lithary

Reaction score

I like steampunk a lot.
I even want to get me a lap top and a guitar that look like this:
http://www.wired.com/images/slideshow/2007/06/gallery_steampunk/steampunkLaptop2.jpg
http://www.designtavern.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/steampunk-guitar-11.jpg

Anyway, this steampunk picture already reminds me of Fable a lot:
http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/fantasy/wallpapers/steampunk-landscape.jpg

But it would be cool if we could get something like this:
http://www.michaeldashow.com/forum_art/steampunk-color27a.jpg
Witch also looks very Fableish if you ask me.
Maybe a new villain could be a mad steampunk scientist (you can't go wrong with one of those). :D

DiamondFlair

Reaction score

POOP;431299 said:

Final Fantasy 7 disagrees with you.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

DiamondFlair;431466 said:
Final Fantasy 7 disagrees with you.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with the Final Fantasy VII remark but that game was highly overrated.

Forss

Dunmer
Reaction score
It would be good if maybe it was about trying to rid the world of industry and bringing back Albions roots, say if some Reaver like character was trying to rid the world of rural areas, replacing it with Steampunk like Industry and Hollow Man style robots, and trying to remove the world of Will Users?? And you have to stop them by following the roots of your hero ancestors...

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
I say that we go in a time machine back .

oh Yeah

Welcome To The Forums Forss. You should post an introductory thread in Greatwood Park section So people can get to know you. Also i claim you In The name of Like Like, and You are The Buck

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Alright...seriously? This thread is practically a year old.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
That was directed toward both of you, and you're not new.