• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
1. The dog being more useful, or at least attacks while the enemies are still up.
2. Expression wheel returned(or being able to choose what expression).
3. Sure, being punished for being good is alright in a way(especially for those who want the paragon players to suffer in Mass Effect), but making it almost a very good idea to be an a-hole leader that was worse than the other person is too much(almost no downsides, who cares that everyone hates you, what are they going to do, try to kill you? you have the ability to use a whole lot of things against them). Basically, there is no reason to be good, other than the promises, and you need a lot of money.
4. A better boss, come on, the bosses here were weak compared to the greater shard(Fable 2) and half of the bosses in Fable 1. If they do make a 4th or 5th one, the next final boss should be either Theresa or the Queen of Blades(she is more powerful than all 3 final bosses combined, times 300).
5. Sand Fury clothing(females). Don't know why I would suggest this.
6. More decisions.
7. No more day 1 DLC or have some DLC that is free(then again, that will happen when MS starts decreasing the cost to XBL Gold, or allows XBL Free members to play online).

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
  • More decisions as King/Queen; you get about 7 in-game days/ 2-3 hours real-time of being king.
  • An ability to 'correct' some decisions, I.E the tax/guard pay/child benefits/etc. stuff that could be changed easily
  • More clothes!
  • More enemies. and when I say more enemies, I don't mean 'take a wolf and hollow it out', I mean MAKE NEW ENEMIES, THERE'S ABOUT 11 TYPES IN THE BASE GAME!!!
  • Increase the power of hero weapons. I've not used them since 'The Bowerstone Resistance', because they're useless compared to legendary weapons (Chickenbane and the Swinging sword are my favourite.
  • Decent DLC; Understone was disappointing. Really disappointing. We want EXPANSIONS, something on the scale of Dragon Age: Awakening, or Oblivion: The Shivering Isles, not 5 minute missions with disappointing endings.
  • Some continuity. Look at the series. Fable 1; good story. Fable 2; Good story, but had no relation to Fable 1. Fable 2 DLC. Tenuous relation to Fable 1 (Knothole Glade). Fable 3; good story, but no relation to either of them. Fable 3 DLC; So far, tenuous connection to Fable 2 (The Spire being the reason for Understone being built). NO REAL CONTINUITY SO FAR!!!
Now, I could go on for a lot longer, but for the sake of your eyesight, I will stop now.

Paul Waldron

Reaction score
Maybe collect all the rare gems (not all are available in your world - you will have to trade with others to get them all) then have a special shrine in a new location where you can offer these gems up & in return you can change the look of your hero weapons (I mean I hate the look of mine - don't know about you lot), also this would allow effects to be added to the weapons like what you get with some of the legendary weapons (fire damage, electric damage, health regen with every kill etc etc).

Mr Fable

Playing Fable III
Reaction score
Hmm well some transport which would of been good in stead of tele porting there in the map also more jobs :)

AlmightyLush

Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to upgrade your spouse or now your friends and people in the villages. Give them guns if they don't have them or a sword...Based on their relationship with you and their personality they could be changed in some ways, like they'd wear some of the clothes you had. I always wanted to wear some of the Mercenary variants.
Anyhow, it would be fun if you could make your Friends strong by taking them around and them fighting beside you. I did this a few times with my female Hero and Mercenary camp thug husband. One time he ran away from another group of mercenaries and was promptly slaughtered. I tried again and he just sat there and took shots from gunfire like nothing was happening, even though he had a sword strapped to his back.
You see where I'm going with this. You could raise an army if you could individually or by group take "NPCs" out with you for a fight or 2. I mean this game is supposed to put a lot of stock into relationships with the world you're in. What more fulfilling relationship could there be than to have a friend who can fight by your side?
I really thought that you could customize more this time around. It honestly feels less ni this game than in 2. I was told that buildings would be customizable from their outside look, that I could paint them. Am I missing something. What's the fun in visiting someone else's Albion when it looks almost exactly like everyone else's Albion?
In Fable 2 I spent hours on my hero's physique, hair, clothing...It's starting to get better in Fable 3 as I get new clothes and such, but...it's not the same. The weapons, I thought would be more customizable, but now you just upgrade a hero weapon...I was thinking you could go to a weaponsmith and have them craft other weapons from the weapons you acquire. I mean, I've bought dozens of the same weapon in shops. Would be cool if I can put them all to use instead of just selling them back or gifting them.

Londoff

Reaction score
I want some more military clothing like the ones the knew guards have. Or maybe a hat for the military suit.

Khalin

Reaction score
All of the hats sucked - I hate those kinds of hats. The only good one was the Crown. It would've been cool if you could have worn an old-style hachimaki headband, about 60" in length [I love those] but I guess that would've been too out-of-setting for Fable III.

Sz x Alex

Reaction score
Hey if anyone needs some ms points for fable 2 DLC try this website i aint been hacked or anything just read the website and find out :)

DeadlyshotJ

The greatest
Reaction score
I do not know if anyones posted this before ( to lazy look through 41 pages :D )
But I would have liked the crown of albion to morph depending on your morality and decisions as king, for example the metal could form horns or glow gold or black etc..

callycap3

The Iron Marquis
Reaction score
*Warning Spoilers*
I know what you mean you try to be nice, thinking that you will get something from it but nope everyone is dead and hates you theres not really a point in being good. You lose tons of gold, Everyone is dead (and the promises you keep dont help keep anyone), and being evil is just easier. You should be able to have some up side of being good like saving your girlfreind/boyfreind at the start or saving walter or Major Smith or something.

When I played the game, without cheating or using glitches, I collected a huge fortune by the king section. The trick, as was with Fable 2, was to buy property early and just keep buying property. I was able to keep every single promise AND donate all 6 million gold required to save the population.

The Count

Reaction score
so fable 3 leveling was the worst iv ever seen they should scrap all of it and go back to fable tlc because it was much better than the last 2. if they make a fable 4 ,which they should, they should take everything from fable 1 and build up from that

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Needs moar cloaks for the female heroes. And how about bringing back those sexy tops from Fable 2? A lot of the outfits for females are rather poofy---something more slimming?

We need a lot moar clothing. Yep. And hats.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

Black men without white accents. Maybe they should talk smack.
Instead of "Hello, young hero."
it should be "Yo, yo, yo! What's kickin' young 'un?"
lol, this is so racist,

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
Honestly, I would forgive the lack of equipment, if they would just fix all the bugs.
All my heros lost their glow, runes, and wings, jobs are missing, my surrender flag freezes most
of the time I commit a crime. And sometimes the guards don't address me for my crimes, and THEN
I cant buy anything in the town. =\

I restarted heros over and over. =\

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOL
Kinda made my day though... literally just pictured that.
To double reply just click reply on one person and then when your in the text box hit reply on another person so you'll be quoting two people in the same post. It eliminates double posting and keeps the thread nice and spiffy! :) Just a heads up! don't want anyone getting mad at you. lol. Anyways,
Needs moar cloaks for the female heroes. And how about bringing back those sexy tops from Fable 2? A lot of the outfits for females are rather poofy---something more slimming?
We need a lot moar clothing. Yep. And hats.
Or we could just construct our own clothing. Like you could buy buttons, a collar and then the overall design and stitching. That way Lionhead wouldn't have to worry about creating all this new clothing and outfits, and hero's could be so much more unique! Similar to constructing lightsabers in Knights of the Old Republic and armor in Halo Reach, etc. I just hate how I have all these mismatching outfits with different names, when it could be so much more organized if you could name your own clothing and construct it yourself.

OMGWTFHELP

Reaction score
HEY SO IM NEW TO THIS FORUM THING, BUT I NEED SOME HELP. IM PLAYING FABLE3 AND I GO TO THE BOWERSTONE CASTLE TO CHECK UP ON THE MONEY IN THE VAULT OR WHATEVER, AND THE DOOR CLOSES AND LOCKS ME IN. NOW IM STUCK IN THIS ROOM AND CANT FASTRAVEL FOR SOME REASON AND THE DOOR WONT OPEN, IM STUCK INSIDE!! SOMEONE HELPP!!

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
HEY SO IM NEW TO THIS FORUM THING, BUT I NEED SOME HELP. IM PLAYING FABLE3 AND I GO TO THE BOWERSTONE CASTLE TO CHECK UP ON THE MONEY IN THE VAULT OR WHATEVER, AND THE DOOR CLOSES AND LOCKS ME IN. NOW IM STUCK IN THIS ROOM AND CANT FASTRAVEL FOR SOME REASON AND THE DOOR WONT OPEN, IM STUCK INSIDE!! SOMEONE HELPP!!
1. Don't type in capitals
2. Try posting a thread in the help section, or look for a similar thread.
3. Revert to your last save?
4. Try using the map.
5. Google it. Bing it, whatever. I'm sure you're not the only one who's been in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.