• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda

Fart Face (_._)
Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

RLRAFTERMAN;280272 said:
Like the idea of kids growing up and having a profession not quite sure about all the sci/fi stuff :) but to each his own
Yeah, for some reason I felt really sad about the fact my kid must have been about 15 and still looked like a 5 year old :(

anain12

Reaction score

Panda;405952 said:
Yeah, for some reason I felt really sad about the fact my kid must have been about 15 and still looked like a 5 year old :(
Maybe he's just late in puberty?

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I hope they put better treasures in the silver key chests this time around. Over half of them contained money, for crying out loud.

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score

the only thing i want is armor please more armor and better co-op

Panda

Fart Face (_._)
Reaction score

anain12;405954 said:
Maybe he's just late in puberty?
Maybe, stupid kid! Haha! Maybe I should just kill him? :D

Lithary

Reaction score

No... eat him alive!

EpIc WaRrIoR

Reaction score

haha i hit the kid with my sword and my wife went crazy!!!!!!haha good times good times

Hungryhunger

Reaction score

fable freak 37;279934 said:
My list of Fable 3 ideas:
More and better spells
More and better weapons
More and better clothes
More legendary weapons
New and old weapons
New and old spells
New and old clothes
More and "unique" properties
More and better titles
Be able to type out your choice at the end (if you get choices)
Be able to build properties
Better trading system
A bank for you to put your money and it comes with interest
A storage room to put your weapons,trophies,toys and others
A bed for your dog (when you buy a house it comes with it)
Be able to get different allies through your choices in the story
If you're playing online and you join a friend you should be able to have a choice in either bringing a character from one of your profiles or pick a henchmen
Be able to get all legendaries more than once in a profile(trading not included)
Be able to get achievements for each legendary weapon you obtain

So far those are the only ideas I have at the moment,but i'll try to think of more.

Totally agree on that! I would love them to make it where you could get more stuff with the special edition like: More legendary swords, Be able to have more and different dyes (If any), and when ya pre-order, ya should get like some exclusive armor or weapon.
Oh and it would be awesome if ya could have an animal that will stay with ya and help, (not just a dog) like you would be able to chose what pet ya would like in your childhood. Maybe you could have a horse, or a wolf, or even have a demon.

Stick O' Death

The stick o' death burns
Reaction score

Some questions from a fat guy:

Do I get a spear or halberd or am I just gonna go at this thing with a sack of spell gauntlets and a flintlock?

You have spells based on what gauntlets you wear and you can lead people along by hand so will this situation be possible?

*walking along walking along* "hey guy, follow me"
"okie dokie :B"
*leading along leading along* "Bandit!" *Fireball* "oh wait that hand is holding said follower"
"it burns!!!! Oh avo it burns!"
"Roll around, you'll be fine..." *Loots body once it finally smoulders out*

Now some suggestions:
if you accidentally have a kid let us abandon them at the hobbe cave and then let us come back later and slay said hobbe. (hint hint, possible achievement)

If I get the castle and become king I want to be able to go to town, take what I want, stab a gaurd in the neck and then go home without all the gaurds running around and then just standing barely outside of my spell range so that I have to go chase them down.

Jahchurch

Reaction score

Ok let me start by saying that most of the ideas on this forum are exactly the thing that most people expect in any game. Elderscrolls (Marrowind, Oblivion), Dragon Age, Fable etc, but to put it bluntly, NONE or the majority of these ideas will NEVER end up in the game. We can keep dreaming, we can keep hoping, but game after game we will never be fully satisfied. However this does not mean that the game is not enjoyable. Fable is a distinct theme and mechanic system that has worked well enough to get everyone on this forum not to only buy the game, but love it so much, that they await a sequel. Fable II wasnt perfect, but for what it was, it was great. For people wanting deep customization, huge open world maps, and deep story lines, then why are you begging Lion-head to provide you with it? And I dont blame them for it either. It took them 3 or more years to come up with what they did just to get the game out there, and they dont have time to add all these additional features that take up even more of their time, which they probably cant afford. Oblivion is probably more the lines of the game your looking for. Also if its true that Fable III is coming out for the PC, then all those people wanting a crazy game with hundreds of features, including magic and longer storyline, plus alot more clothing choices, then i have no doubt the modding community wont let you down. Just like what Tesnexus.com did for the Oblivion community, im sure there will be a modding site with hundreds of mods for all your modding needs.

As far as Fable III, im 100% without a doubt buying this game when it arrives late this year. It wont be perfect, and it wont have everything that everyone is hoping for, but it will have exactly the thing that everyone here has fallen in love with.....the Fable tittle and theme that we have come to expect from the series. However out of all the rants on this forum, i found this one to be the most entertaining:

ASH-II;286700 said:
What was wrong with fable II
I think Lionhead have to realise what was bad in II and good in Fable I

THE BAD STUFF LIST
The pub games in Fable II are crap compared to Fable I there is no skill involved at all, its just luck.... pointless, just get a job serving drinks and your rich

which brings me to...The jobs again, you spend hours being a woodcutter or a blacksmith and it doesn't help you in the slightest you can't forge augments or improve rusty to master so what's the point...if it's to get money, just serve drinks...

the repetitive speech loops in both game "your will energy is low, watch that"
and "what a lovely pint","good head on that"

the fact that you can see the consequences of your actions above your head straight away it warns you if your being bad, this stops you doing unconscious actions.

when making a purchase or selling,
the constant add/removal of money above your head, just add it up...kerrching.

The dog
what is the point of the dog....errrm it finds stuff to dig up...or hidden items well you did that on your own in fable I and nobody complained.
you can scold it , you can leave it injured , and run away from the limping animation but it still bloody follows you and wimpers at least have the option to kill the bloody thing (you know choices - Evil)

Buying Houses and putting Wives/Husbands/Partners in them to have them divorce you for no reason and you can't mend it buy giving them gift's or doing a quest....so again...why bother.

the clothes in fable II
There was none, The same outfit but a different colour (poor-middle class-Rich)
and where was the armour...oh yeah you can't die

YOU CAN'T DIE...wtf...who come up with that....if you are immortal then just play the game with you spud gun and naked (you can't die)....(Oh NO I got a scar)

Dyes.....what else do they do, a five star die or a 1 star die.... what's the difference

the end boss in the Crucible was good because he was hard
every other baddie just died with a high spell cast.

that golden glitter that tells you where to go....How stupid do you think I am.
the game is closed up anyway so you only have so many routes.

People that have a bad reaction against you when you draw a weapon to protect them from bandits (Idiots)

the slowest zoom in gaming history.

where is the fist fighting arena's

Did I mention the bloody Dog...

Rant over

ASH-II

Rant Over.......

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;345380 said:
as king, i demand a foot massage.

I don't care if this is old, this is the best post EVER!!!111! I want it on my back too!

Stick O' Death

The stick o' death burns
Reaction score

I think I was being pretty reasonable with the only improvement I posted...unless you couldn't identify that everything but the polearms question was complete sarcasm.

Jahchurch

Reaction score

MournfulStorms;392077 said:
My number one biggest problem: JUMPING.
Why can't I jump!? It's a perfectly reasonable request. Maybe I want to get up on a table and start dancing, or jump and balance on a rail instead of just vaulting over it. Or maybe I just want to stand around and jump a few times! What's wrong with that?

With that thought, I would like to add that a more interactive environment would be great. Maybe instead of just chopping wood, I could cut down trees...or smash someone's head against a wall, or pick up stuff in the area.

Most of my other problems were the townspeople:
Where are all the teenagers? :/ Shouldn't there be punks hanging out in front of the pub or something?

Why is my spouse so unattractive? Whether I play as a guy or a girl, there's never anyone I actually want to marry. Especially as a girl.

Also, fix all the children glitches. I'm tired of my catatonic and disappearing offspring.

Stop asking me for an engagement ring! :(

Can I please, please close my door? There's nothing more irritating than having to jump off my balcony because the entire town is bottlenecking my front door.

Other improvements:
I wouldn't mind having some better clothing options (honestly, the patchy coat was one of the best clothing items), and jobs that actually improve my skills.

I'm not saying we should have a million options (realistically, there's probably not going to be a dragon pet), but I wouldn't mind being able to have a cat. Or change my dog's breed.

When I look evil, I want to look EVIL damnit! Not just decaying and smelly. (Although make it optional; maybe I'd like to be evil in disguise :O)

I think we should bring back the scythe too! It was very grim reaper-esque, and if you're a farmer then it would make sense. I wouldn't mind a staff either...Always wanted a staff...or a rapier, or something that looks cool AND powerful.

I've seen the few in-game screenshots they've released (although not any of the female character, I see, I hope they don't take her out!), and while I don't really hate the character's face, I would like to customize it just a little. Maybe...change eye colour? Skin tone? Build? Maybe I want to be NATURALLY fat and become skinny instead of the other way around.

Which brings to me to this: I want to lose weight by running around. I don't think anorexia or anything should come into the game, but if I eat a lot and gain weight, why doesn't exercise help?

Agree

dunderri

Reaction score

My only wish (not really) is to just have some piece and quiet. Not having townspeople follow me everywhere I go, acting like hopeless romantics, would be awesome. And like someone mentioned before, the option to close doors. I am tired and sick of people raping the inside of my house, and me being stuck there, listening to all the "I want an engagement ring!" junk...

Reaction score

dunderri;410093 said:
My only wish (not really) is to just have some piece and quiet. Not having townspeople follow me everywhere I go, acting like hopeless romantics, would be awesome. And like someone mentioned before, the option to close doors. I am tired and sick of people raping the inside of my house, and me being stuck there, listening to all the "I want an engagement ring!" junk...

Agreed, but then again I suppose thats what it's like when Your a celebrity in Albion (kind of like in real life.) The constant unwanted attention of Your obssesed fans with nothing better to do than bother their favourite famous hero, make's you wish they had the ability to issue a restraining order in Fable 2 which hopefully they have in Fable 3. Either that or a shoot yourself full of heroin & booze to put up with the stress option to deal with the publicity...

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

It shouldn't be as easy to exploit the economy. I can make 100,000 gold (not a lot for most people, but it is for me) by buying several expensive weapons from the blacksmith I own in Bowerstone then selling it to a travelling merchant in Fairfax Gardens (where the economy is always 5 stars). It takes about a minute.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

They won't. We would've seen them by now. But I would have liked spears and halberds.

dunderri

Reaction score

No Silver Key glitches...

Status
Not open for further replies.