• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y0BES14

Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

cheezMcNASTY;280232 said:
laser guns
lightsabers
kids can grow up to be adults and follow you around
interplanetary travel
jobs cary more character definition so you aren't just doing oddjobs, you can have a profession.

this is fable not starwars :realmad:sorry luke take the force and get out

Knifeboy

Reaction score

With the continued success of quest for the temples you get like faith points so that as you level up doing quest for the temple you can use faith points to buy from a large variety of physical features.

Buyable angelic features:
different kinds of wings
different kinds of halos
trailing butterflies
glowing white eyes (no colored iris or pupils)

Buyable demonic features:
different kinds of horns
gnarly pointed teeth
change skin color (red, coal, etc)
Flames coming from cracks in skin & scars
glowing eyes
hoofed feet
different kinds of tails

I Realy like this idea i think it is important to be able to choose what evil/good feactures you get and even having to buy them (not with money but some spiritual currency) or win them in special side quests would be great.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

With the continued success of quest for the temples you get like faith points so that as you level up doing quest for the temple you can use faith points to buy from a large variety of physical features.

Buyable angelic features:
different kinds of wings
different kinds of halos
trailing butterflies
glowing white eyes (no colored iris or pupils)

Buyable demonic features:
different kinds of horns
gnarly pointed teeth
change skin color (red, coal, etc)
Flames coming from cracks in skin & scars
glowing eyes
hoofed feet
different kinds of tails
Eek. I don't agree knifeboy. Especially with the tales and hoofed feet and flames and all that stuff. I already don't like the new wings in the game, I don't think any other weird anime stuff is necessary.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

POOP;411087 said:
Eek. I don't agree knifeboy. Especially with the tales and hoofed feet and flames and all that stuff. I already don't like the new wings in the game, I don't think any other weird anime stuff is necessary.

I like some of the ideas (glowing eyes/ evil eyes horns, evil teeth and skin colour) If you used them all on one hero it may look too much but a bit here and there would really make your hero your own:cool:

POOP

Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;411148 said:
I like some of the ideas (glowing eyes/ evil eyes horns, evil teeth and skin colour) If you used them all on one hero it may look too much but a bit here and there would really make your hero your own:cool:
The ones that you mentioned have already been in Fable 1 and 2.

Knifeboy

Reaction score

But in fable 1 and 2 i dont think you had an option for them...

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Knifeboy;411425 said:
But in fable 1 and 2 i dont think you had an option for them...

Option sounds good to me. No we didn't. I don't like the glowing eyes on my good hero, rescuing the girl. :(

POOP

Reaction score

After just replaying Fable 2, the most important improvement that they can make is on the difficulty. There was literally nothing challenging about the game. The combat, the choices, making friends/people love you, solving puzzles (I think there should be more, I can't remember any from Fable 2).

The dog made it as easy as possible to find treasure. It's fine with the dig spots, but don't just tell people where to find every chest in the game! That makes their contents worthless.

At least add an option to make combat more difficult. I'll keep the breadcrumb trail off (thanks for having that option, although I know LH probably definitely doesn't read this).

Recycled Human

Reaction score

They have that option. Play through with rusty weapons only.

I think the difficulty will be improved because it will be reliant on your combat. Of course that means that the more skilled you are the easier it will be but who knows maybe they'll scale accordingly. I do know that they did seem to scale combat in Fable 2. There were several fights I went through with just my rusty weaponry where all I were fighting were weak baby hobbes but going through with better weapons now and I'm seeing the elite hobbes much sooner (some as soon as my second pass through Rookridge.

POOP

Reaction score

I guess you're right, but in Fable 3 there won't be rusty weapons.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

I think your Dog should take a more noticeable, physical change dependent on your alignment.

Whereas in Fable 2 your Dog would essentially just change fur colour, in Fable 3, I'm thinking that if you took Evil to the extreme, your Dog would have light, faded flames emitting from it. Or maybe when a Villager goes to stroke it, it tries to bite them maybe. and the opposite effects for someone who takes Good to the extreme.

I think this would significantly improve the appeal of taking the alignment choices to the extremes.

POOP

Reaction score

While the flames thing seems a bit cheesey, I actually really like the idea of the dog's personality changing. It'd be awesome to have a dog who is as much of an a-hole to people as I am.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

Haha, that would be awesome. Since I like attacking any innocent villager that walks up to me, wouldn't it be amazing if my dog would maul anybody that approaches it!?! Lmao that would be the frickin greatest! And what if it could grow little doggy horns and get red, glowing, demon-doggy eyes?! Lmao that would let me die happy.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

O Toku Jin;284374 said:
... other pets besides a dog ( i mean the dog was cool but i like cats better and others might like other animals better still {ex: lizard, hawk, horse, ect...)

Anybody else thinking that a cat would be terrible in a fight, unless it was really really big. or do you just want a cat to live at your in game place and be demanding.

I would like to see dual wielding with small weapons, like twin pistols that can be separately aimed, or a sword - dagger combo.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

I don't know about a cat... Unless it was a lion lol. Or a thundercat lmao

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score

ugh, after dealing with the dreadful trading system i really hope f3 has some form of organized trading, like an auction house, havin to depend on an honest person on xbox live commonly leads to u getting screwed over :(

POOP

Reaction score

Paragon;414048 said:
I don't know about a cat... Unless it was a lion lol. Or a thundercat lmao
Snarf!

But really, only a dog would work in the role it's given. Fighting and sniffing out treasure. Unless Lionhead wanted to put a HUGE focus on pet variation, but I doubt that.

H1tC10Wn

Joker
Reaction score

Well, I guess an online play experience like WoW would be nice. Not for the actual story mode, but just a bunch of online battles. Clans versus clans, like they tried to do for Red Dead but failed miserably at it. Oh, and being able to have "Sexual intercourse with online players. (Censored of course) I'm not a pervert, I just think it would add a bit more freedom with the game. If they made an online console game like WoW, imagine how much fun thst would be!!

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

Karmasb!ch;414071 said:
ugh, after dealing with the dreadful trading system i really hope f3 has some form of organized trading, like an auction house, havin to depend on an honest person on xbox live commonly leads to u getting screwed over :(

That would be pretty nice.

And as for the dog thing, I agree, the dog is pretty much the only animal that fits for the role its given. You couldn't have a rhino sniff out treasure for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.