• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
Fable IV and V have been mentioned, not confirmed.

But let's discuss it. How do you want it to be like? Anything you want added to it? What about the setting? Any features to keep, take out, or bring back?

---

I'd want one where you can rebuild the Guild of Heroes, and must recruit Heroes to train for the Guild. You could be a Guildmaster (sorta like the King thing in III). The story could be something Lionhead wants, since I ain't that good at making them up. However, I think a good story would be about an uprising of villains who want to end the Heroes Guild, and a war ensues. It'd be quite awesome I think. You could train a Hero to use Skill, Strength, or Will, and they could assist you on missions I guess.

For the setting... I'd want a good Industrial Setting, like the early 1800's in Europe/America. It'd be cool if early automobiles were invented... but I TRULY doubt that.

A multiplayer deathmatch/team fight/capture flag type stuff would be awesome.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Uh... they HAVE been confirmed but the details regarding them have not. It is, however, rumored that they will take place during the Old Kingdom.

Fluroscent

Reaction score
I'd like to know where you guys got your info from?

MarkGuilt

Reaction score
Uh... they HAVE been confirmed but the details regarding them have not. It is, however, rumored that they will take place during the Old Kingdom.

From what I've heard, NO they will NOT take place in the Old Kingdom. This is because a little while ago someone posted a topic called "Fable's Moving Forward" (or something) that had PM/LH CONFIRMING that the games moved forward, though I'd like an Old Kingdom one.

I'd like to know where you guys got your info from?
Molyneux has mentioned it several times in interviews and videos.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
From what I've heard, NO they will NOT take place in the Old Kingdom. This is because a little while ago someone posted a topic called "Fable's Moving Forward" (or something) that had PM/LH CONFIRMING that the games moved forward, though I'd like an Old Kingdom one.

Well you've heard wrong. Where exactly do you think they would go if they kept moving forward? They would end up in modern times or even past that and I'm not sure I'd want to have anything to do with the games if they brought it that far along. This game has already lost so much of its charm, fantasy and fun and pushing forward will completely ruin them.

MarkGuilt

Reaction score
Well you've heard wrong. Where exactly do you think they would go if they kept moving forward? They would end up in modern times or even past that and I'm not sure I'd want to have anything to do with the games if they brought it that far along. This game has already lost so much of its charm, fantasy and fun and pushing forward will completely ruin them.
Hm... ok then. But let me find that post. I like how Fable is advancing, I like the more modernized settings better than the Medieval one.

Here:
http://projectego.net/forums/threads/its-a-move-through-time.24353/#post-430412

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Hm... ok then. But let me find that post. I like how Fable is advancing, I like the more modernized settings better than the Medieval one.

Here:
http://projectego.net/forums/threads/its-a-move-through-time.24353/#post-430412

Then you should go play Call of Duty or something because RPGs have always had their roots deep within the medieval settings.

Also, I remember seeing a thread that contradicted that but I'm not even going to get started. I've been up all night and I'm quite irritable and I would hate to say something I'll regret.

MarkGuilt

Reaction score
Then you should go play Call of Duty or something because RPGs have always had their roots deep within the medieval settings.

Also, I remember seeing a thread that contradicted that but I'm not even going to get started. I've been up all night and I'm quite irritable and I would hate to say something I'll regret.

Well I do not want to start an argument anyway. Call of Duty? Really? lol. Dislike FPS's.

Yes RPG's usually take place in the Fantasy Settings of Medieval times, but in my opinion I dislike them.

To me, an RPG is a game where you start sucky, get better, and is a sand-box style gameplay ; which is what Fable is. I mean, yeah the Medieval Times are good, but I prefer GUNS and stuff, which Fable TLC lacked.

I remember in Fable TLC I was ALL about Strength, then I saw Guns in Fable II and from here on out I will always be a Hero of Skill.

Percentage

Reaction score
I want it to take place in the Old Kingdom. Maybe as an Ancestor to your Fable Characters. I liked the Idea of becoming King in this one but, one time is enough. I hope that in Fable IV you will just be an Average person thats a Hero instead of a King/Queen Hero. Also, Maybe venture outside of the Albion/Auora Areas. They should keep Albion in but maybe another Contient like thoose two.

MarkGuilt

Reaction score
I want it to take place in the Old Kingdom. Maybe as an Ancestor to your Fable Characters. I liked the Idea of becoming King in this one but, one time is enough. I hope that in Fable IV you will just be an Average person thats a Hero instead of a King/Queen Hero. Also, Maybe venture outside of the Albion/Auora Areas. They should keep Albion in but maybe another Contient like thoose two.
Yes an Old Kingdom time would be great. I guess I could leave Guns alone for a while. (Insert Super Sad Face Here).

I liked being average to, but I also liked being part of something big Heroes Guild). In Fable II and III you felt... disconnected, like you were just there all alone, nothing, and if you was part of something it was small.

But in Fable I/TLC you was part of the Heroes Guild, had a Rival Hero, the Guild Master Character, Thunder, TwinBlade, Scarlet Robe, and those just added something to it. I don't like how they left Albion to find Aurora, I think ANY effort going into ANY other place (like Aurora) could be used instead to GREATLY modify Albion.

Maybe one where you're one of the first ones to join the Heroes Guild, and Scythe is a major character.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I have no clue as to where they go storywise from here if they continue to head forward in time. I would love to see a Fable game go back to its origins, pre the original game. However, if they do go forward, I have had a fairly nice idea.

Long after Fable 3, Albion has fallen into ruin, many of its resources depleted to non-existance and the resulting wars between factions tearing the land apart. The long past time of heroes that once flooded Albion is drawing to a close, save for one. The final hero of albion must unite the once fertile lands of the old kingdom and lead thier people to a new land, to form a new civiliation that might finally stand the test of time.

Or something like that. That would allow the tech to not advanceo too much, as the likely advances made after the defeat of the darkness would be cancelled out in the main by the eventual fall into anarchy.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Well I do not want to start an argument anyway. Call of Duty? Really? lol. Dislike FPS's.

Yes RPG's usually take place in the Fantasy Settings of Medieval times, but in my opinion I dislike them.

To me, an RPG is a game where you start sucky, get better, and is a sand-box style gameplay ; which is what Fable is. I mean, yeah the Medieval Times are good, but I prefer GUNS and stuff, which Fable TLC lacked.

I remember in Fable TLC I was ALL about Strength, then I saw Guns in Fable II and from here on out I will always be a Hero of Skill.

You hate FPS's but you like guns? Am I the only one who sees the irony in that?

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
A Fable spin off game would be good as you would play as scythe ^_^

MarkGuilt

Reaction score
You hate FPS's but you like guns? Am I the only one who sees the irony in that?

I do not see why. Why must one HAVE to like guns AND FPS's?

An FPS is a First-Person Shooter, which places you inside the character where you can see the gameplay as if you were the character. In this case, the character wields types of ranged weapons from crossbows to rocket launchers, and at times melee weapons and/or spells.

Nothing is ironic about it, I simply do not like the camera in FPS games, I'd MUCH rather see my entire character than my arms and weapons. A PERFECT example is Fable II-III, AC 2, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank series... I could go on with more.

The point is, even though I like Guns does NOT imply that I HAVE to like FPS Games.

----

A Fable spin off game would be good as you would play as scythe ^_^
Although it would be kind of cool, I'd prefer it to only be a mini-game, which you could purchase on the Marketplace. I just wouldn't feel right playing as a Cool Character in a Fable spin-off.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

You're a bit snarky just because someone has a different opinion than you, aint'cha? I can also think of plenty of post-modern RPG's. Fallout 3/New Vegas, FF7/8/10/13, Resonance of Fate, Borderlands, ect.

POINT. PROVEN. INVALID.

MarkGuilt

Reaction score
You're a bit snarky just because someone has a different opinion than you, aint'cha? I can also think of plenty of post-modern RPG's. Fallout 3/New Vegas, FF7/8/10/13, Resonance of Fate, Borderlands, ect.

POINT. PROVEN. INVALID.

Why thank you Tyloric.

Reaction score

PM definitaly said somthing like they were moveing forward and then he said they werent going to go that far ahead, I think it was that they werent going to land on the moon or anything, and I personally think something like the mid victorian era would be cool still carrages and still plenty of off-city territory for monsters to lerk behind the corner. In my oppinion fable still has as much charm as it started with.

Status
Not open for further replies.