• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable IV Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To me fable lost its charm slightly in Fable 2 (lack heros guild, good bosses etc) and fable 3 feels too modern for me (although im loving it) Fable needs to take a step back to what made it so good! Why the simplification (which worked ok for fable 3 but i would NOT like to see it again) go to the old kingdom, where everything was so.... well Fable! (make the game bigger! i feel fable 3 is quite small?)

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I do not see why. Why must one HAVE to like guns AND FPS's?

An FPS is a First-Person Shooter, which places you inside the character where you can see the gameplay as if you were the character. In this case, the character wields types of ranged weapons from crossbows to rocket launchers, and at times melee weapons and/or spells.

Nothing is ironic about it, I simply do not like the camera in FPS games, I'd MUCH rather see my entire character than my arms and weapons. A PERFECT example is Fable II-III, AC 2, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank series... I could go on with more.

The point is, even though I like Guns does NOT imply that I HAVE to like FPS Games.

----

Although it would be kind of cool, I'd prefer it to only be a mini-game, which you could purchase on the Marketplace. I just wouldn't feel right playing as a Cool Character in a Fable spin-off.

You COMPLETELY missed what I said. Am I surprised? Not at all.

You're a bit snarky just because someone has a different opinion than you, aint'cha? I can also think of plenty of post-modern RPG's. Fallout 3/New Vegas, FF7/8/10/13, Resonance of Fate, Borderlands, ect.

POINT. PROVEN. INVALID.

And your post is full of hypocrisy. The Final Fantasy games have a great deal of medieval elements to them regardless of how "futuristic" they may seem. Also calling Borderlands an "RPG" of any kind is an insult to the genre. That game was so far below mediocre... but I'm going off track here.

Those games have RPG elements to them but they are NOT specifically RPG games. Again, this is excluding the Final Fantasy games. I haven't played Resonance of Fates (probably because it looks so terrible) and while I know that not EVERY RPG game is solely devoted to the medieval era, they all borrow from it in one way or another.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
MaleficRaven, nevermind it. Let's end it now before it drags across several pages.

If I angered you, it wasn't intended. Have a wonderful day and I hope to see ya round.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
MaleficRaven, nevermind it. Let's end it now before it drags across several pages.

If I angered you, it wasn't intended. Have a wonderful day and I hope to see ya round.

It was rather silly but no, it takes so much more than that to anger me or even upset me.

I'll agree to end our quarrel here and now before anything bad happens. I'd like to keep my time here as pleasant as possible.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
It was rather silly but no, it takes so much more than that to anger me or even upset me.

I'll agree to end our quarrel here and now before anything bad happens. I'd like to keep my time here as pleasant as possible.

As would I. lol.

Erika

Reaction score
Well you've heard wrong. Where exactly do you think they would go if they kept moving forward? They would end up in modern times or even past that and I'm not sure I'd want to have anything to do with the games if they brought it that far along. This game has already lost so much of its charm, fantasy and fun and pushing forward will completely ruin them.
the story line could have a time bubble *the hero gos back into time?*

IF thay are... there are a thing or teo i hope like hell thay put in...

if you still have your wings: KEEP THIM OUT ANYTIME! i was so disapointed to find out you cant have em out all the time in fable 3... ugh lionhead shouldent have taken that out (thay probibly changed there mind or to many bugs... 5:14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywrW-C0-ow&feature=channel ) atleast im guessing thay had it thin took it out...

becomeing a balvarine would be sweet...

have a wolf for a dog would be aowsome...

riding horse and my mom would never leave the the game. lol...

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
the story line could have a time bubble *the hero gos back into time?*
Hero through time is fail. :p

Albion at WW1 times would be cool, like the whole Mourningwood Fort and Swift Brigade feel expanded on, maybe at war with another nation

Erika

Reaction score
Hero through time is fail. :p

Albion at WW1 times would be cool, like the whole Mourningwood Fort and Swift Brigade feel expanded on, maybe at war with another nation

i gues the time bubble thing would suck, but it was and idea. lol.

yea but this is Albion so it cant be the same... if it gos to modern times it still needs some old fashon in it.
i think fable 3 was about in the ww1 times. on the maps you ever see theres only 2 (big land mass starts with a C. cant remember the name for some odd reson T_T) that could only be half of the world, the hero could be born in something difrent than arura or albion, and that area could not even know what a hero is?
just an idea...

Reaction score
Have the people commenting on this thread are in denial, now on topic, in my opinion it doesnt even have to move forward at all, IV can be about you being king, right after the ned of F3, actually being king the whole game, running it, and way better options and way more, for example, if i see some hobo on the side of the street, maby i want to make a gaurd, or if reaver is in it, maby i want to make him my commander, and i can do ANYTHING I WANT. not 8 decisions with 2 choices for each. now with that said i bellive my idea is better than moving forward or going back to the old kingdom, but if it isnt then im going with the old kingdom, nuff said

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
I would play a Fable like that, pal.
Fable for me needs a rise to power. It's about Heroes

Glyre

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with blazefire17 as much as I am enjoying Fable 3...I was looking forward to really being the king. I must admit my expectations were probably too high--I was hoping I could be choosing economic systems, literally erecting or tearing down buildings, sending troops to do my bidding, hosting masquerades and feasts and giving grand speeches...etc....

A Fable that really went in depth like this would be, IMO, awesome. Would it even NEED to be Fable IV? I would be happy if it was like a Fable 3.5 or something. Still a standalone game, but one that would be much better if you carried over your Fable 3 save. Perhaps throughout it you would age, and really shape Albion's future, and if that could somehow influence the course the actual Fable IV took...Hmm...I should probably stop thinking about this. Pretty soon I'll get so many ideas that I'll just end up depressing myself due to there utter unlikeliness.

Reaction score
My bad. Yeah I was referring to you
Well thanks, i really think my idea is good, all it really is, is adding all kinds of things u can do as king, like i can walk up to who ever i want and do all kinds of stuff to them, like have them executed, or make my butler or put into my army, anything

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Well thanks, i really think my idea is good, all it really is, is adding all kinds of things u can do as king, like i can walk up to who ever i want and do all kinds of stuff to them, like have them executed, or make my butler or put into my army, anything
It would make a nice game.. But not a nice Fable game. In my opinion, anyway

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with blazefire17 as much as I am enjoying Fable 3...I was looking forward to really being the king. I must admit my expectations were probably too high--I was hoping I could be choosing economic systems, literally erecting or tearing down buildings, sending troops to do my bidding, hosting masquerades and feasts and giving grand speeches...etc....

A Fable that really went in depth like this would be, IMO, awesome. Would it even NEED to be Fable IV? I would be happy if it was like a Fable 3.5 or something. Still a standalone game, but one that would be much better if you carried over your Fable 3 save. Perhaps throughout it you would age, and really shape Albion's future, and if that could somehow influence the course the actual Fable IV took...Hmm...I should probably stop thinking about this. Pretty soon I'll get so many ideas that I'll just end up depressing myself due to there utter unlikeliness.
Thanks for agreein, to sum it all up, i thought about a game that could beat any of the fables put together in a matter of seconds, i can think of a story that would beat any of them in a matter of seconds, my point is why cant 400 people in a building with 4 years of time think up something like this. Imma leave it at that

Reaction score
It would make a nice game.. But not a nice Fable game. In my opinion, anyway
Your not understanding me, its still fable, its just adding some cool stuff you can do with walkin up and clickin on somebody and having more freedom

Siddhartha

Reaction score
Actually, building upon my "tribal" idea, maybe Albion, at the dawn of complex civilization, is split up into various tribes in regions such as Bower lake, Aurora, mountain-place, etc... So you have to unify all these tribes and create the Kingdom of Albion, becoming King and stuffs... Then, when they make a later one, everything you had done in the IVth would be adopted into the Vth.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
And your post is full of hypocrisy. The Final Fantasy games have a great deal of medieval elements to them regardless of how "futuristic" they may seem. Also calling Borderlands an "RPG" of any kind is an insult to the genre. That game was so far below mediocre... but I'm going off track here.

Those games have RPG elements to them but they are NOT specifically RPG games. Again, this is excluding the Final Fantasy games. I haven't played Resonance of Fates (probably because it looks so terrible) and while I know that not EVERY RPG game is solely devoted to the medieval era, they all borrow from it in one way or another.

I'm sorry, but you keep stating you opinions as if they were facts, and that irritates me highly. And for the record, I think Borderlands is a fu*cking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.