• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable The Lost Chapters will not work on Vista!!!

B

beachboy4520

Re: Fable The Lost Chapters will not work on Vista!!!

Dark Drakan;77365 said:
Got a screenshot of your problem?

fable%20error1.JPG

fable%20error2.JPG

fable%20error3.JPG

thanks

B

beachboy4520

fable%20error1.JPG

B

beachboy4520

fable%20error2.JPG

B

beachboy4520

fable%20error3.JPG

B

beachboy4520

there you go

wait its not showing my pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

Hikaruookami

This is bizarre, I have the EXACT same problem, up to when the game quits and the blank screen! I've had Fable for several months and have been unable to play it on any computer (and I've tried several) and the laptop I'm using right now is brand new! I just brought it home from the store! Obviously the problem must have something to do with Vista...I'm gonna keep tinkering around with the game and see if I can't get it to work while I wait for a reply.

J

jp1357

i got the same problem add my brand new laptop and the problem is indeed caused by windows vista hopefully someone here knows how to solve the error and is willing to post it here

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

the problem: Vista had a faulty kernel and sadly there isnt talot you can do about it.

H

hagen333

Sooo if you have Vsta then there is no way to play Fable on it? that really sucks.... i havent even gotten to play it since i got it 4 months ago....

J

jp1357

yeah it really sucks because i got just a new laptop and my plans are not to install windows xp on it.
hopefully there comes a patch or something like that

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Damn I am getting a laptop but it has to come with Vista... maybe theres a fix for it.

W

Whisper Slayer

Had the same problem as everyone else but managed to get it working like a charm!

It turns out the issue lies within faulty or outdated display drivers; if you're using nVidia, simply visit this site and follow the instructions for installation (only for x86).

Windows Vista ForceWare Driver Installation Instructions

Hope the best for all trying to ammend this frustrating problem!

L

Lohdro

I've got the same problem, run the game, opening video works, sounds works, no video. I tried different graphics options and nothing changed. I ran the game in the game's "safe mode" and it ran okay, but with minimal graphics options. I updated my graphic drivers, I've tried the March 2007 Windows Vista update, as well as the Windows Vista ForceWare Driver Installation, and both said that there were no updates to make or were incompatible with my system. I'm running genuine Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit. Anyone else know what to do? :(

EDIT: I'm using an nVidia GeForce Go 6150 GPU. When I get past Oakvale for the very first time even in the game's "safe mode" the graphics don't display again.

G

gideonscience

Shadow Knight said:

Heh this problem is the Drivers I made a thread not to long back to help out PE I found many problems on the internet but only one solution to bad I can't get the answer out, Heres the original thread I found the solution
Black Screen Crashes + Speaker Problems on 1520 - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion
Now go here LaptopVideo2Go ~ Download NVIDIA Drivers & Setup Installation Files (INF) and check for your vid card get the latest driver with a WHQL mark (search wikipedia for the meaning if you want) that should solve it have fun playing games.

GOOD LUCK! it helped me!:ninja:

S

stephenandkasey

Mabye its the game. Try going to the game options or run your computer for viruses and mabye that will work. thats what happened to mine and thats what i did and it worked.

Belive me i go to a computer upgradeing store and i work on computers for hours on end.

L

Lohdro

stephenandkasey;131303 said:
Mabye its the game. Try going to the game options or run your computer for viruses and mabye that will work. thats what happened to mine and thats what i did and it worked.

Belive me i go to a computer upgradeing store and i work on computers for hours on end.

What game options did you change in order for it to start working? I've played around with all the different video options and I'm still getting audio but no video. I've updated my graphics card drivers and done everything suggested already, but nothing is working for me.:(

EDIT: I've done a little more research on the problem and many other users with the nVidia GeForce Go 6150 GPU which comes in many HP Laptops are having the same problem, and none of the suggested fixes are fixing it. Perhaps the GeForce Go 6150 is not compatible with the game? If anyone knows anything, please contact me.

L

lindores

Me neither my fable works occasionally like when it does i can get thru the first level until when u get taken by that liightning guy that kills the bandit b4 he kills u oh and my computer is:
HP Pavilliion dv6000
graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

can u please plase help me i really wanan play th first level gets boring after repeating it like 1000000 times lol so please help

appreciate it guys...

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

beachboy4520;77943 said:

beachboy4520;77942 said:

beachboy4520;77941 said:

beachboy4520;77940 said:

beachboy4520;77924 said:
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
fable%20error1.JPG

fable%20error2.JPG

fable%20error3.JPG

There you go
hope someone can help (i love fable!):'(

fable%20error1.JPG

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

Please edit your post with the pictures not just posting new ones.

And also with this much room taken up please use spoiler tags, they look like this
spoiler.gif

J

Johnsack2001

I got my vista to run fable by downloading and installing dx10 and the newest nvidia drivers as the drivers that hp ships installed are not meant for gaming. and as such do not support many features. also vista is missing many codecs that have come to be standard for alot of games such as the bink encoders(only on some builds and I am unsure of which ones) and MPEG4 for avi support. but most every one that I know thats installed fable on vista agrees that installing DX10 and nvidia driver 158 or higher solvers the lock up with maze at the begining of the game as well as a few sync errors on some systems.

I hope I didn't beat a dead horse with a stick.

L

lindores

hey ive tried everything like what you have just said and still nothing works i have a picture showing wat happens...
C:\Users\Nick\Desktop\picforwebsitethingy

but it didnt work ok ill type wat it says 158.18 is the version and it says: setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista [32-bit]. This programme and its assosciated drivers are designed to run only on Windows Vista [32-bit]. The installation will be terminated.

Thats for that version and from version 158.43 it says: The NVIDIA setup programme could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

PLEASE help im so bored and fable is so fun even tho i only have the 1st lvl its so fun lol so please help

much appreciated