• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable:the movie?

jac171

Reaction score
fable:the movie?

hey do you think lionhead studios is gonna make a movie of their popular video game fable? do you think they will make the hero's story completely different than the hero's in the game or make a film out of the game's story? do you think they will make the film based on the hero's story in fable: TLC? do you think they will send copys of the film to the U.S.?do you think they will put the film in the theaters or make it only as a dvd?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: fable:the movie?

Nope. If they do make a film it will embarrass the game's standards and whatnot.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, plus they would have to force the guy to be good no matter what... Otherwise it wouldnt be canon, and it being canon further robs players of the illusion of control.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

It would only work as a choose your own adventure book.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Arseface;293598 said:

XD, that's very ture, since people prefer choosing instead of having your path in front of you, besides did you see the difference in dragon ball evolution(the movie) and the original?
Games, don't make good movies, Moviesd usually don't make good games.
games stay games, movies stay movies
the only possibly good thing that makes either a good game or movie is a book. Like harry potter, but if it's a game, it should be released before the movie, otherwise it's usually some junk that takes a day to beat stuffed in a cd, put in a box, and add a price.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;293598 said:

Like a Goosebump booK! You're genius Arseface!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^I have one of those XD, the carnival one... SO fun lol.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Firis;293682 said:
^I have one of those XD, the carnival one... SO fun lol.

i saw the vcr version of that XD

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^They had a movie of that one? It was the 'if you do this, turn to page 234' kind of thing... Was it an interactive 'if you choose this, fast forward for twelve seconds' thing?

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Firis;293758 said:
^They had a movie of that one? It was the 'if you do this, turn to page 234' kind of thing... Was it an interactive 'if you choose this, fast forward for twelve seconds' thing?

no it's was just a movie, they have a lot for a period of time like near halloween cartoon network aired a bunch, there was like the wolverine camp thing, it cam from the basement, and a bunch of others, but yeah. last time i read a goosebumps book it wasn't a choice one.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^I have seen like 6 of their movies...
This is the one I meant:

gyg_box1.jpg

Yes its in a carnival.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

This thread makes me want to make a Fable movie. Actually a Fable 2 movie would be a lot easier...
*may or may not be posting a YouTube link to an amazing-ish movie adaption...*

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

LobotomizedLOVE;293840 said:
This thread makes me want to make a Fable movie. Actually a Fable 2 movie would be a lot easier...
*may or may not be posting a YouTube link to an amazing-ish movie adaption...*
Do it then ^_^ i'd love to see what would come out of it you could get john doe to be garth, if only he had brown skin, wait! re-texture! :devil:

Cain

Reaction score

Thats given me an idea. Who do you think would be perfect to play the characters in fable 2?

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

^ Do you mean like real life actors or just among our little community? Because I think the latter would be significantly more fun!

jac171

Reaction score

Firis;293505 said:
Yeah, plus they would have to force the guy to be good no matter what... Otherwise it wouldnt be canon, and it being canon further robs players of the illusion of control.
no, the hero is suppose to be evil

jac171

Reaction score

i think the cast of the second movie will be:

Zoe Wanamaker+skin re texture- Theresa
Julia Sawalha- Hammer
Ron Glass- Garth
Hugh Laurie- Reaver
Oliver Cotton- Lucien
Gemma Boyle- Rose

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Actually to your first post, it is CANON that for Fable 2 to have happened Jack would have to be destroyed, making him overall good, because if he took the mask and saved the sword of Aeons then Albion would be ruled/ahnilated by Jack and the Void... And have you ever seen a good movie where the main character flipflops all over the place or is EXTREMELY evil throughout and then turns good when he is being offered unmeasurable power and has nothing to hold him back? NO!

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

hmmm. I think it would be interesting if there would be a fable movie. I would watch it.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

JohnDoe;293931 said:
Pardon me, Garth was a loser.
JohnDoe is not a loser.
JohnDoe is ftw.

If I was to be in anyone's video, image, sound byte or written work, my portrayal must be done as: an enormous figure with a beard that must be hung over the shoulder to walk around; an awesome Hero built like a steel bunker with enough hair to rival Cousin It; a beastly man with the voice of bears and lions mixed together, or just that of Jeremy Irons; what you think of when merging Hercules and Thor in your head; etc. so on I am the best and such blah.

Feeling out of it, I could have done tons better than that.
well, sorry i don't have fable II and i didn't know garth was a loser, i thought he looked like the know it all guy, so thats why i said what i did. your description makes e think of the iron giant from well the iron giant(except without a beard).