• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable V???....In space!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@skorm

Oh, i'm from Albion
Reaction score
Re: Fable V???....In space!?

HobbeBrain;393382 said:
I think the furthest they should go is World War One, maybe just before, around 1910. Any games past that should be prequels.

I think it would be really cool to get it into the early 1900's (like WWI). and i don't think they would bring it up to the future.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;393375 said:
The Victorian era ended in 1901.

Fable 3 isn't that far. It's industrial, I'm guessing around the 1850's.

Ya you're right. I just asked my AP Euro teacher today.:p I'm a doof.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

The thing is, Fable isn't really going in a specific direction. Who knows if it is following anything like Earth's timeline?
And besides. . . . They could just revamp it by making another Spire-ish thing and restarting the world. :D

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

Fable V.
You are a hero...
You have to defend your kingdom by an evil alien force that is trying to activate these weapons that they worship to destroy everything. You, Spartan 117 has to stop them. At one point, you ride a warthog into a ship because you just freaken blew up a ring. You ride and find out that your legacy is fulfilled. Then you go back in time to warn people about the alien force called the covenant. No one believes you. You warn people at the guild and they trust you, but dont understand. You then become a hero of that time and later die. You become known as the great "Hal". You later die and lock your armor and energy sword in a chest at the guild. And somehow ur assault rifle ends up in knothole island.

Sounds like some game huh?

YoungBlood

NoFear
Reaction score

i think if you put it any further than what it is then the whole series is ruined

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

I agree. . . Getting into any higher, technologically, than steampunk/EARLY 1900s would be really hard to pull off and still maintain a fantasy-esque feel.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;393375 said:

Why do so many people think fable is going to follow REAL LIFE timelines..

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

...Because it does.

I have three words that make a futuristic Fable sound much better:

Jak and Daxter.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;393375 said:

hehehehe
good history

SpreadPayLoad

Reaction score

HeroOfCrapsalot;393250 said:
It's a little past Victorian times in Fable three already and I doubt it will backtrack anywhere but the Old Kingdom.

Naa it's about 50 years before victorian times the games set in 1850 :)

Devil Keyz;393649 said:
Why do so many people think fable is going to follow REAL LIFE timelines..

Lionhead did declare that it would revolve around the revolution war, also they want it to be an adventure game not an rpg :S

I hope it dosen't go to futuristic either I mean it would kinda suck :S

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

MY IDEA :)

It would also be nice to see another game all-together but in the Fable world. Except it's the tribal stage in Albion (or maybe Aurora, since Peter is expired by real events and I don't know if there was tribal stages or whatever where there was the start of using tools and such). Where the character owns a tribe and has to colonize a planet defending their tribe of soldiers. But it's a strategy game and kind of a tycoon where you must buy new tribal stuff and gear for your soldiers. If they don't eat, your corrupt and look more that way and they become weaker. Also, it doesn't look like Earth. It's a world of will-user tribes, so of course the ground and trees and stuff would look much more mystical and strange to us. And there might be strange creatures as well. Think the land in the movie "Avatar" without the big main tree that's all light and weird and no monsters that are too odd for a game like Fable.

But to conquer the whole Fable planet you must colonize it by conquering and using strategy. But will you be a pure or good Tribal leader that tries to make peace and allies if possible? Will you sustain a trade route of valuables found when you command your group of Fable soldiers to hit rock and mine for gold and other valuable jewels? Gather fruit and fish and vegetables to keep your soldiers healthy. Or will you be corrupt or evil tribal leader who is cruel and despicable, not feeds his soldiers, and uses strange and unusual punishments? Customize your tribal house!

Sounds so cool right?

Lithary

Reaction score

ReluctantJake;394332 said:
MY IDEA :)

It would also be nice to see another game all-together but in the Fable world. Except it's the tribal stage in Albion (or maybe Aurora, since Peter is expired by real events and I don't know if there was tribal stages or whatever where there was the start of using tools and such). Where the character owns a tribe and has to colonize a planet defending their tribe of soldiers. But it's a strategy game and kind of a tycoon where you must buy new tribal stuff and gear for your soldiers. If they don't eat, your corrupt and look more that way and they become weaker. Also, it doesn't look like Earth. It's a world of will-user tribes, so of course the ground and trees and stuff would look much more mystical and strange to us. And there might be strange creatures as well. Think the land in the movie "Avatar" without the big main tree that's all light and weird and no monsters that are too odd for a game like Fable.

But to conquer the whole Fable planet you must colonize it by conquering and using strategy. But will you be a pure or good Tribal leader that tries to make peace and allies if possible? Will you sustain a trade route of valuables found when you command your group of Fable soldiers to hit rock and mine for gold and other valuable jewels? Gather fruit and fish and vegetables to keep your soldiers healthy. Or will you be corrupt or evil tribal leader who is cruel and despicable, not feeds his soldiers, and uses strange and unusual punishments? Customize your tribal house!

Sounds so cool right?

Erm... that what you described there is game called Age of Empires, only with morale choice system in it...
P.S. Avatar sucks :p

robbersarb

Reaction score

Fable in my opinion currently has three options if it is to retain all of the strength, skill, will triangle. If PM takes it any furthur into the future we will lose strength as swords fall out of use (anyone who points out the idiocy of haig for sending out units using only bayonets at the somme or the japanese's use of swords in ww2 there). Also the guns will be much more powerful than they currently are. so there really wont be much of a use for the strength aspect. So anyway it has to either go back to the old kingdom which would be brilliant stay more or less the same maybe have the king in fable 3 reestablish the heros guild or something or it can go into the future. (where strength users would have laser swords or something) In my opinion any of these is good but if you go anywhere near the future the balance will be hard to retain. Anyway sorry i felt the need to push some logic into the situation rather than just opinions

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

In... SPACE? I'm down. Nothing like slicin' *****es up in space. :lol:

And ReluctantJake... That idea sucks. Go play AoE if you want that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.