• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

fable3 needs armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phatshadow

fable3 needs armor

the clothes in fable2 sucked and i think most people agree. i know lionhead was trying to just make clothes without armor rating so people would wear what they liked but that didnt work at all. because like 90% of the clothes were butt ugly most of the people i know ended up wearing the same thing anyways and the new armor rating just became the attractiveness. everyone wore what made the the most attractive.

fable3 needs to have armor like fable1 because it looks awesome and they need to have armor rating. a simple way to make it work would to just have lots of armor with the same armor rating so people will wear what they want and look cool.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: fable3 needs armor

Fable 3 doesn't need armour - it needs better clothing! The no-armour aspect is great... in theory.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Yeeeeah, Maybe it shoul dhave like.. "Leather Armour" ... Not like those Knights in shinning armour, But Some sort of protection but it doesnt look too tacky..

The clothing REALLy needs to be upgraded..

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

Yeah, because a revolutionary theme with guns and armor totally matches...

I'm sure they could implement a Spanish-sort-of-armor, like Cortez and such, but putting something like the Knothole Knight armor in would be lame. But yes I do agree, most of the armor sucked, but I'm sure if you got you strength all the way up, and were atleast pure, attractiveness wouldn't be a problem at all.

ScareCrowReturn;330265 said:
The clothing REALLy needs to be upgraded..

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

To be honest i didnt give a **** about the armour rating. I just wore the assassin outfit in the first game because it looked the coolest. But i wish one could wear the old armour from the first game. I liked the armour. But fable ismoving on to new eras anyway. We should have more clothes. The clothing options sucked. I wore what i thought looked good bt there was barely anthing that looked good. You have to use dyes to fix most clothing. The Hot Date outfit looked cool in black, and the noble gents outfit looked cool in white.... And it sucks that i can't find anything that goes with the knothole skirt.... But anyway, there needs to be more clothing options... Like the creators should just add like 250 outfits....

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I agree that the clothing needs to be upgraded, and armor shouldn't be put into fable 3, but they also need more dyes. They have a good amount already, but they need more shades of different colors so you can make the clothes look a little bit better. For example, they should have a darker version of the regal purple dye. They should also fix some dyes that give you colors that don't match their name and the little color droplet next to the picture. For example, if you use any dye like they graypercot dye, they all look black instead of gray, exactly like the moonless midnight dye, so you can't even dye your clothes gray.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

And dont forget about a dye that can shine, like a gold dye.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

There's the liquid gold dye. And some of those dyes that you find up in Fairfax Garden (including liquid gold) tend to shine enough.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Oh then i havent played the game enough.... but anyway, is there a silver dye?

and I would like dyes with textures and a rainbow dye. SO i could dress as a clown

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

There is a liquid gold dye, but none of the colors actually "shine", they just have a ridiculous amount of natural bloom.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Tsuyu;330263 said:
Fable 3 doesn't need armour - it needs better clothing! The no-armour aspect is great... in theory.
i agree, looking any way you want with out worrying how much def bonus you have is awesome, makes 'role playing' easyer and funner

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Tsuyu;330263 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. If they really want armor give us a WWI/WWII-style tin pot, but anything more than that seems out-of-place.

A lot of the clothes looked dumb, but they COULD have looked cool. I mean, I actually liked the Welley's soldier and Royal gear. Just work on stuff that doesn't make us look like an overstuffed scarecrow.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;330294 said:
is there a silver dye?

No, there isn't, and that's exactly what I'm talking about. There needs to be more colors.

Fabled Ravrn;330309 said:
none of the colors actually "shine", they just have a ridiculous amount of natural bloom.

That's basically what I meant, just didn't know how to put it.

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

I enjoyed the Welly's revolutionary sort of outfit, that and it fitted with the time frame, which some think makes a game bad. No plate-armor style things, and no futuristic clothing (which 99.9% won't happen probably), and that'd be fine. As long as they add loads of male jackets :lol:.

I also think a sort of chrome-like dye, or style of dyes, is needed as well. Really I just want to have a Little Person, or very-old-looking-kid with a beard who is buff, can use un-oversized axes, and prefers to wear hat's in the style of a gnome o_O. But that's just me...

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

Im freaking tired of NPC CLOTHING!!!!! they have the best clothing out there and the hero is left with ****. I think pirate clothing styles would be pretty cool. And i know everyone has wanted jack of blades armour and reavers clothing. So lionhead better think long and hard otherwise there is trouble

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

Also double weilding weapons would be a nice change. 2 pistols, 2 axes ect ect.

Fabled Ravrn

Reaction score

Stop double-posting lame ideas. There would be no point in dual wielding, I'd prefer a shield of that but it's the nth century in there now, both would be useless. Maybe 2 pistols, but that'd be it.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

I didn't bother with armor rating in Fable 1 or attractiveness in fable II, I mixed whatever I thought looked cool.. admittedly in Fable II it didn't really look cool.

In Fable 1 I would never upgrade strength completely because at some point he looked buff without Hulk status - In Fable II, however, no matetr what I did my hero always ended looking kinda plump, and the clothing didn't make it any better!

Don't add armour ratings, but for God's sake! redesign the hero and heroine so they don't look plump - make them ideal! make them what a human shouldn't strive to look at! A G'Damn model!

Status
Not open for further replies.