Every week i will post a 'Featured Game' in a new thread and sticky it. Could be one people have suggested to me doing over the course of the week, one of my most recently played games, an old favourite or a game i purchased and maybe didnt like.
I will post the details of the game and sometimes DLC and regardless of whether you have played it or not people can post what they liked in the game/or liked the look of in the game and what they didnt like or thought could have been improved or what put them off the game if they didnt purchase it.
Then over the course of the week people can voice their opinions (in an adult manner and respecting others opinions) might help some gamers try some games they thought they wouldnt enjoy or change some opinions.
Following is a brief description of my thoughts...
Using another of Necromancer11's suggestions today...
Platform - Xbox 360/PS3/PC
Release Date - PlayStation 3, Xbox 360:
NA November 14, 2007
EU November 14, 2007
AUS November 21, 2007
NA April 8, 2008
AUS April 10/11, 2008
EU April 10, 2008
Average Metacritic Score -
360 - 81/100
PC - 79/100
When first released i thought it was brilliant, a new type of game with a fantastic sense of style, a great engine under the hood and really sleek animations and movements. The way Altair moved so smoothly and the climbing animations as well as crowd interactions was a joy to see especially in a new IP. However after a while of playing the game repetition started to set in and that dampened the experience a lot. The story was great, some great writing and characters but the overall gameplay and playability was effected by the dull side missions and repetitive actions required before each assassination. The assassinations themselves were really well done sequences however.
- Cities were gorgeous and the structures you scaled were breathtaking
- Easy controls and movements flowed together brilliantly
- Great mix of action sequences with stealth and full on combat sequences
- Personally really enjoyed the sword fighting though it was a little too easy when you gained the counter move.
- Hidden blade was a great idea
- Altair is a good character that you will come to like
- That repetition gets really tedious, doing the same pickpocket, eavesdropping and intimidation sequences over and over to gain information about your target
- Not enough variety in enemies or weapons
- Combat was too easy
- Minor glitches with certain terrain when trying to do executions
- An ending that needed to be watched numerous times to understand properly
Now for this week people can voice their opinions on the game and any of the DLC they have played and i will do another game next week... Pros and Cons you found or if you havent played it things that appealed to you or things that put you off it...
Any questions about the thread or suggestions for next weeks featured game send me a message.