• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Getting logged out

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Getting logged out

So, I don't stay logged in all the time. When I leave, I log off. But a few times today, it's happened that I've been mysteriously logged off while clicking between screens-- I want to say that it's only happened when I've gone "open link in new tab."

I don't know if this is something wrong with my computer or the site, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Getting logged out

Do you check the box "Remember Me" when you log in? If not, it will log you out if you wait too long to do something on the board.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

No, I don't, and never before has it logged me out between the time when I click "Options" and the time I click "Open Link In New Tab" on one of my subscriptions.

Which it did several times earlier today.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;367046 said:
No, I don't, and never before has it logged me out between the time when I click "Options" and the time I click "Open Link In New Tab" on one of my subscriptions.

Which it did several times earlier today.

That is odd, I've never had that issue before. Sorry I can't help with your problem, Walker. :(

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

No problem. It's still happening, though. I just opened this by clicking on it and three other pages by "open new tab." One of those, Person Above You, opened fine. But in What does everybody look like? and even the link to "view conversation" on my own CP opened with me logged off. It's very annoying.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I've had a similar problem a few times. I haven't thought of posting anything about it until now, though. I've never used the "remember me" function either, and I always log off when I leave too. Sometimes, after I've logged on, I'll go into a section of the forums (like Fable 3 discussion for example), and it'll say I last visited one minute ago in the upper right hand corner, and nothing on the entire site will appear as a new post. Could someone shed some light on this as well?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Think that might be a different problem. With me I was getting completely logged out-- couldn't post, had the ads, couldn't see sigs and all-- and I had to log back in before I could do anything.

That's not what you had, is it?

BruteMentality

Reaction score

Have you had any other problems with your compputer? Because those could be comtributing to your issue.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Walker;367152 said:
Think that might be a different problem. With me I was getting completely logged out-- couldn't post, had the ads, couldn't see sigs and all-- and I had to log back in before I could do anything.

That's not what you had, is it?

No, but I figured it's somewhat similar.

BruteMentality;367418 said:
Have you had any other problems with your compputer? Because those could be comtributing to your issue.

I haven't. Don't know 'bout Walker.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Is this issue still happening and is anyone else getting it?

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I'm not getting it. I have the "Remember me" function on at all times, and I also use "open in a new tab".

Maybe it's your browser? I use IE8.