• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ghost Stories?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Ghost Stories?

So, out of morbid curiosity, what childhood terrors haunted you most?

With me it was Bloody Mary, La Llorona, and an honorable mention to the Goatman.

Don't even remember what book it was that got me freaked about La Llorona (no idea if I'm spelling that right.) Might have been Esperanza Rising, but no idea. Hispanic girl went to visit relatives in Mexico, got left home alone and scared ****less by said ghost. Bloody Mary compliments of my fifth-grade teacher, and the Goatman compliments of where I live.

Hence, for the longest time I was terrified of the shower, mirrors, the bathroom in general, being home alone, and certain roads all at the same time.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Re: Ghost Stories?

I was scared of "gangstas" until 12 year old. I was afraid they would shoot me. I sh!t you not.:p

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

the headless horseman scared the crap out of me when i was 3 and watched disney presents the legend of sleepy hollow. i couldn't sleep and was too scared to leave the bed for hours :lol:

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Scooby Doo freaked me out.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Aliens, Aliens freaked the droded out of me until I was 12 (Both the movie and the beings) and then I was paranoid because I saw shadows walk across my kitchen often (Still do, probably just my imagination. Only thing that creeps me out is it is ALWAYS only between 7 and 7:30 AM) and until I lost Christianity I was afraid of demons. Now I am afraid of commitment :lol:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Biggie Smalls.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Of course films like Elm Street Nightmare were scary, they didn`t usually have a longer effect on me.
However, what really freaked me out was Tremors... I literally felt uneasy walking on the ground after seeing the movie for the first time.

Firis;370011 said:
Aliens, Aliens freaked the droded out of me until I was 12 (Both the movie and the beings) and then I was paranoid because I saw shadows walk across my kitchen often
Same here.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Jurassic Park. I was terrified that raptors would get loose and eat me in the back yard.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu.

still leaves me terrified

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

watching the show "A Haunting". scared the poop outa me cuz theyre real stories. anyone seen that show?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Let's see...there weren't any myths or scary stories that used to keep me up at night, but there were other things. On one episode of Hey Arnold, Arnold had a dream about when he was really old, and it showed his grandpa, who was ancient by this time. His skin was green and decaying. He said something to Arnold, then his jaw snapped off and fell on the floor. I had trouble sleeping for the rest of the week.

Another thing that freaked me out was the face of a drunk driving accident victim I saw in sixth grade. We were watching a video about the dangers of drugs, and during the part about drunk driving, there was a picture on the screen of a young Hispanic girl on the screen. There was a voice over of her talking about the drunk driving accident, then she lowered the picture she was holding, and said "This is me after I was hit by a drunk driver." Her face was completely mutilated. She had no nose, and you could clearly see her nose bone. One of her eyes was sewn shut, and the other was displaced. There was some other pretty scary stuff about her, but I can't remember what exactly. It's still the scariest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It kept me up for most of the night for two weeks, and my mom called the school about it.

Currently, there is still something that keeps me up at night: SPIDERS! I have pretty terrible arachnophobia, and the thought of these massive spiders crawling up onto my bed will keep me up for at least a half hour every night, usually more. There isn't even any specific image that triggers this, I'm just that terrified of spiders.

droded;370013 said:
Biggie Smalls.

Please tell me that's a South Park reference.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Oh yeah I just remember, when I was little I was afraid a tornado would come and tear my house apart - along with me of course.
What a nonsense, considering there are no tornado(e?)s in Estonia (I think there has been like one that actually did some damage during my lifetime; but they are very very rare) and that even if there was a tornado, it would have to be extremely strong to do any serious damage to my house.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Freddy Krueger. :c

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh God.

Bloody Mary, the dark, tornadoes, and many other things that I can't seem to remember.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Same as TJ. Was terrified and equally fascinated with Jurassic Park when I was younger. The T-Rex scene with the jeeps was kinda freaky back then lol Whenever I was in the car at night when it was raining I was convinced a t-rex was gonna pop out at any moment. :lol:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh yes, Jurassic Park. I was always afraid of that scene that (I think) took place in the kitchen with the raptors chasing the kids and stuff. Scared teh shizzle out of me.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, Jurassic Park terrified me when i saw it. that scene in the beginning where the guy gets dragged into the crate by the raptor.... ahaha :lol:

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

^ I forgot about the kitchen scene ! lol That's was another scene that freaked the crap out of me ! :lol:

I also remember being afraid of having something under my bed after seeing an episode of Rugrats . . . ashamed to mention it now but it sure as hell made me check most nights before going to sleep :p I think it involved Chucky thinkin some monster was under his bed but it turned out to be a jumper or something. Pathetic fear when i look back on it !

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

I was always afraid as a kid of glass dolls (No i haven't seen chucky) But they freak the hell out of me:p

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

There was a certain episode of Sesame Street featuring Bert and Erny being chased by a Mummy, that freaked me.