• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo 3 Matchmaking

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Halo 3 Matchmaking

ScareCrowReturn;289188 said:
My NAT is always Crap but I find games simply.. So it wont be the NAT.

My cousins NAT was 'Moderate' and he could find no games which is why i suggested this. He couldnt find any games until i changed his NAT to 'Open'.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ How do you get your not to Opened?

Mines always like.. "Restricted" or "closed" whichever is below Moderate.. But I find games pretty quick! With No Lag..

R

Ranger28

I just realised my broadband speed is 1500/512kbps, thats probably way to slow considering how many people must try to access online multiplayer.

that speed is pretty high where i live, but i suppose most people who play online have 8-20mbps download speed?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;289297 said:
^ How do you get your not to Opened?

Mines always like.. "Restricted" or "closed" whichever is below Moderate.. But I find games pretty quick! With No Lag..

Open Your NAT for a Better Xbox Live

I can supply more detailed links if you require them or link to specific router instructions.

Ranger28;289299 said:
I just realised my broadband speed is 1500/512kbps, thats probably way to slow considering how many people must try to access online multiplayer.

that speed is pretty high where i live, but i suppose most people who play online have 8-20mbps download speed?

Try seeing if you can change your region it searches for games in (unsure if Halo 3 has this feature). If the host is from Europe or US and your in Australia that could cause connection issues with those speeds

R

Ranger28

i plugged my 360 directly into my broadband modem and it fixed the problem completely, ive had a really consistent strong connection to LIVE and have been able to play Halo 3 online perfectly.

im going to try and see if i can fix my network tomorrow, im gonna look up networking on google :D

thanks very much for all the help +rep

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Yeah Andy's good for this sort of thing, The Know - It all! Haha.

Its a good thing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Ranger28;289507 said:
i plugged my 360 directly into my broadband modem and it fixed the problem completely, ive had a really consistent strong connection to LIVE and have been able to play Halo 3 online perfectly.

im going to try and see if i can fix my network tomorrow, im gonna look up networking on google :D

thanks very much for all the help +rep

Always better to use a wired connection in my experience, wireless is just to damn inconsistent.

ScareCrowReturn;289510 said:
^ Yeah Andy's good for this sort of thing, The Know - It all! Haha.

Its a good thing.

Wouldnt go that far but thanks. :lol: