• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xeon

Re: Halo Movie

TJ Griffin;320821 said:
Oh god..... my brother made me watch that movie. FAIL.

Halo movie is a bad idea. I can tell you right now that if it does happen, it will totally suck. It will also be a blockbuster and millions of halo fanboy saps will waist many hours just waiting in line to waist their money on a ticket. then one of to things will happen to each person who sees it, they will either be in denial and tell everyone that its awesome, or they will be compleatly dissapointed with it and it will be a very long time before anyone hears the end of their bitching.

Those movie screenshots look incredibly cheesy, like a very expensive game convention costume. It just looks wrong. The entire consept of a halo movie is wrong.

So no, halo movie bad. bad idea. not good.

If it was made well that would be great, but I can tell you right now it wont be. these sorts of things never are.

How is that bad?

Genetically enhanced green superhero = Awesome
Badass aliens = Awesome
Explosions = Awesome
Awesome weapons and vehicles = Awesome
Spaceships = Awesome

The film would roll in millions just because of the name, the whole alien betrayal brute thing would make a strong story.... I would watch it

Cain

Reaction score

@Trawgdor if you actually knew the story of halo you would understand.

The convenant believe by activating the Halo rings they will go on a "Great Journey" when really the rings will destroy all sentinent life in the galaxy to stop the flood virus from spreading. The humans is making a fight against them to protect earth but they also see the bigger picture and are trying to stop them from activating the rings.

Its not a simple case of alien is bad, Human kill alien.

@Xeon the current script has the film set in reach at the time of the battle of reach so no brutes. Ther might be but its unlikely

X

Xeon

Hal;321284 said:
@Trawgdor if you actually knew the story of halo you would understand.

The convenant believe by activating the Halo rings they will go on a "Great Journey" when really the rings will destroy all sentinent life in the galaxy to stop the flood virus from spreading. The humans is making a fight against them to protect earth but they also see the bigger picture and are trying to stop them from activating the rings.

Its not a simple case of alien is bad, Human kill alien.

@Xeon the current script has the film set in reach at the time of the battle of reach so no brutes. Ther might be but its unlikely

The whole elites getting stabbed in the back brutes taking over, elites joining forces with humenkind would make a much better film

Cain

Reaction score

I know but fans want to see reach not something they have played already in Halo 2.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I've already said this, but it will fail. No movie from a game works. Ever.

And the Halo storyline was actually pretty crappy. Humans and Covenant are at war. Humans find Halo ring thingy. Find out it is a weapon. Blow it up. Find that there are more. They try to kill those prophet that look like they have hairy scrotums dangling from their faces, you kill 2 of them, Elites join humans, you kill some brutes 'n stuff, you blow up another ring. The end. Crappy story. Yes I've played all the Halo games, and it is no exception for the "No Game to Movie" rule. It is just like any other mediocre game. And just because you are a Halo fanboy makes no difference.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

But the book is based loosely off the game, so to me it is still the same thing.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

truth 2/3 books are true to the halo storyline. it's in the third book when they
bring back the 4-5 other spartan survivors where they deviate
with that in mind they could just do 2 movies up to the end of halo 1 and it would be pretty good. anything beyond that and the general public would probably lose interest.

Cain

Reaction score

If you think Halo is just about killing aliens then you don't know anything about it. I cannot bother to explain it as nobody will listen and will continue to rant about how the movie will suck and that the games they like will be good. Besides it was just a picture and the script hasn't been approved. Also you forget that some people might like the movie. I don't care about your opinion and I want to see the movie if its released. And in my defense the next person to post an insult or that I am sad for wanting to see the movie is a self centered Jerk.

@John Doe if Halo fans are looking forward to Halo: Reach then they will like the movie. Believe me most Halo fans do not want to see something they have played in the game.

X

Xeon

Skotekal;321427 said:
I've already said this, but it will fail. No movie from a game works. Ever.

And the Halo storyline was actually pretty crappy. Humans and Covenant are at war. Humans find Halo ring thingy. Find out it is a weapon. Blow it up. Find that there are more. They try to kill those prophet that look like they have hairy scrotums dangling from their faces, you kill 2 of them, Elites join humans, you kill some brutes 'n stuff, you blow up another ring. The end. Crappy story. Yes I've played all the Halo games, and it is no exception for the "No Game to Movie" rule. It is just like any other mediocre game. And just because you are a Halo fanboy makes no difference.

The reviews fail but the hitman movie rolled home a 100 mill

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Hal;321555 said:
If you think Halo is just about killing aliens then you don't know anything about it. I cannot bother to explain it as nobody will listen and will continue to rant about how the movie will suck and that the games they like will be good. Besides it was just a picture and the script hasn't been approved. Also you forget that some people might like the movie. I don't care about your opinion and I want to see the movie if its released. And in my defense the next person to post an insult or that I am sad for wanting to see the movie is a self centered Jerk.

@John Doe if Halo fans are looking forward to Halo: Reach then they will like the movie. Believe me most Halo fans do not want to see something they have played in the game.

1. Obviously, you're not the person listening. We've insisted that games with a good plot would be good. Halo is just human vs. alien crap. Compare that to Bioshock or even Grand Theft Auto 4. These games have a compelling story that makes us want to play.

2. We respected your opinion. Then we gave ours. Now, you're just saying that other games would make good movies because we like them. And that is exactly what YOU are doing. You're saying Halo would make a great movie because YOU like Halo.

Cain

Reaction score

The reason you think Halo would be a bad movie is the worst reason I have ever heard. The Alien movies are just killing aliens with no actual reason for why they are fighting, just the fact the humans find the aliens a threat. You cannot say humans killing aliens is crap as some of the best sci-fi films are full of that. Is that the only reason you can give? And also Halo is not just Alien vs. Humans crap. I think Halo would be a good movie coz the storyline is decent, It will actually feature other spartans and show how the spartans were trained and will fill in plot holes not just because I like the games. Games with good plots does not mean the film will be just as good. Hollywood has never made a good film based on game as skotekal said. I am not saing Halo will be a good movie coz I like it but if I enjoy thats what matters to me.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Hal;321876 said:
Hollywood has never made a good film based on game as skotekal said.

I believed that's true until I watched Silent Hill. It's actually pretty good.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Hal;321876 said:
The reason you think Halo would be a bad movie is the worst reason I have ever heard. The Alien movies are just killing aliens with no actual reason for why they are fighting, just the fact the humans find the aliens a threat. You cannot say humans killing aliens is crap as some of the best sci-fi films are full of that. Is that the only reason you can give? And also Halo is not just Alien vs. Humans crap. I think Halo would be a good movie coz the storyline is decent, It will actually feature other spartans and show how the spartans were trained and will fill in plot holes not just because I like the games. Games with good plots does not mean the film will be just as good. Hollywood has never made a good film based on game as skotekal said. I am not saing Halo will be a good movie coz I like it but if I enjoy thats what matters to me.

If you think the Halo storyline is decent, you need to buy more games.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

If they want to see Reach, then they should just play the game when it comes out, not make a movie about it.

Cain

Reaction score

Trawgdor this is getting ridiculous. We are now saying reasons why Halo and other games suck. I have other games just to let you know, I am not saying Halo beats them all, I am just saying I like the storyline. Lets stop and end the discussion about the games and let other people say their opinion about the idea of the movie. Remember there is a 50/50 chance it won't be approved.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

How? All you do is kill aliens and destroy their Halo ring weapons. I have played and beaten all 3 games. They or borderline mediocre. I doubt that Reach will be any different, thus the movie being any better than thought of. It would just be another money making scheme for Halo fanboys like you to watch, and people who want to laugh at its failure. But, if the fanboys want their godawful movie, then whatever. It is still a horrible idea.

D

darkseed

Irst of all ii would like to say that halo the movie is gonna be the s*** ,second of all half life was a horrible excuse of a game , the controls were kinda awkward and the gameplay was too monotonousF

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

darkseed;383158 said:
Irst of all ii would like to say that halo the movie is gonna be the s*** ,second of all half life was a horrible excuse of a game , the controls were kinda awkward and the gameplay was too monotonousF
Irst of all ii would like to say that you shouldn't bump topics from months ago.

Go away.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Thread necromancy at its finest.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tyloric;383202 said:
Thread necromancy at its finest.
You obviously don't have thread necromancy standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.