• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo : ODST

Dentie

Reaction score
Halo : ODST

So who has pre-order ODST and will have it in tomorrow. i know i did so i will be playing it no-life tomorrow :p too bad i have to go to school for like 8 hours. so who has pre-ordered it too?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Halo : ODST

I pre-ordered it, am getting it tomorrow, will be glued to the screen... This friday me and 3 friends are havign a system link party for it.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

My wife pre-ordered it for me months ago. I'm really, really looking forward to its arrival tomorrow. Argos, the retailer my wife ordered ODST from, guarantees that all pre-orders will arrive on release date so I'm making sure that I get everything out the way with before the postie delivers my game.

The only thing that really disappoints me about ODST is the news that there is no matchmaking for Firefight. I'm not very pleased about that at all and I know it's what's going to kill Firefight for me. I'm looking forward to playing Firefight, don't get me wrong, but hardly anyone on my buddy list plays Halo 3 anymore, let alone ODST. And I don't imagine getting very far on Firefight by myself... :(

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

well my local shop isl ike my best friend so they gave it to me today been banging all day, the campaign is rubbish so far, feels too much like halo 3 but firefight was totally awesome. and i got a free poster :D

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

my uncle pre-ordered it, so im gonna be hanging out at his place all day for months lmao.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;339456 said:
My wife pre-ordered it for me months ago. I'm really, really looking forward to its arrival tomorrow. Argos, the retailer my wife ordered ODST from, guarantees that all pre-orders will arrive on release date so I'm making sure that I get everything out the way with before the postie delivers my game.

The only thing that really disappoints me about ODST is the news that there is no matchmaking for Firefight. I'm not very pleased about that at all and I know it's what's going to kill Firefight for me. I'm looking forward to playing Firefight, don't get me wrong, but hardly anyone on my buddy list plays Halo 3 anymore, let alone ODST. And I don't imagine getting very far on Firefight by myself... :(

I will play with you if you need someone...

Yeah, that is one of my peeves with it, my other one is the Engineers and the lack of Sangheili, I love those squidfaces so much.

On the + size, it brings back the health pack, the Noir feel, and golden hunters!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i will rent ODST...my game of the year fund is going towards borderlands.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I'm saving my monuyzzz for modern warfare 2 and Mass Effect 2 :)

Then maybe for Dragon Age... and NFS... Then Borderlands... and then finally ODST

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

It looks like an average game to me, and I don't have money anyways. I actually have to rely on MW2 as my birthday gift. That is how poor I am.

I need a job. :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;339456 said:

I will join you, mine was posted out yesterday (so depending on Royal Mails lazy asses) it will arrive soon. Im sure i can rustle up some people to play it.

X

Xeon

I pre-ordered it at gamestop, and guess what?

Yeah.... They didn't order enough copies so now i have to wait a few days

Dentie

Reaction score

I still havent got mine :( and its almost eight o clock i hope they will bring it tomorrow

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

It's good. It's fairly good. If you love Halo, you'll like it. If you don't love Halo, you'll probably still enjoy it.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Mine didn't arrive either. I'm really disappointed with Argos, or Royal Mail, or whoevers fault it is. I was really itching to play it today as well. Oh, well.

I'm definitely up for some co-op on Firefight, lads, just give me a shout whenever you lot are next online and I'll join in - provided Argos deliver my copy soon, that is!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;339623 said:
Mine didn't arrive either. I'm really disappointed with Argos, or Royal Mail, or whoevers fault it is. I was really itching to play it today as well. Oh, well.

I'm definitely up for some co-op on Firefight, lads, just give me a shout whenever you lot are next online and I'll join in - provided Argos deliver my copy soon, that is!

Only preordered mine last week and it came about 8.30am Tues. I was very happy as i wasnt expecting it and it gave me something to do on my day off work. Having not played Halo for a long time im still getting used to the controls again. Keep pressing wrong button to reload.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ I always keep pressing the wrong person to reload! Hahaha.

I need people to play FireFight with!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;339698 said:
^ I always keep pressing the wrong person to reload! Hahaha.

I need people to play FireFight with!

Ive played CoD 4 to much and its different on that. :lol:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I hate going from one game to another like that... Like BF: BC to CoD. I try to switch a weapon and I throw a grenade. :lol:

But can anyone explain major differences from the other Halo games to this? I asked a few friends and they couldn't give me a good answer. And they actually got mad. Then proceeded to call me a Call of Duty fanboy. :lol:

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Still haven't received my copy of Halo 3: ODST - gutted. Proper disappointed in Argos now and I am so regretting pre-ordering Left 4 Dead 2 and Operation Flashpoint 2 from 'em now. They also charge in advance so I'm kinda stuck with 'em now...

Hopefully, my ODST game will arrive tomorrow. I really hope this isn't going to be a repeat of the crap I had with the original Halo 3 - I had to wait between 2-4 weeks for my copy to arrive due to the postal strike and my copy being lost in the post... Don't let me down, Argos!

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Ouch... That really sucks. I never order my games through the mail. I've either had no way to pre order or I don't want to trust the mailing companies.