• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hannibal Rising

Keelee.Hamomin

Lovable Lunatic
Reaction score
Hannibal Rising

Oooooohhhhh! o_O I just went to see Hannible rising........... It was so awsome. I mean.... it was shmexy.

Who else saw it? What did you all think?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Hannible Rising

I haven't seen it - but I heard it's quite gory...I'm a total girl when it comes to stuff like that, but if it's not so bad then I might see it...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Looking forward to getting to see this myself, looks like a good film from the trailers ive seen.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I'd love to check this one out! Silence of The Lambs is one of my all-time favourite movies and this prequel to it looks really interesting. Shame Anthony Hopkins didn't reprise his role as Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lector, though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;59660 said:
I'd love to check this one out! Silence of The Lambs is one of my all-time favourite movies and this prequel to it looks really interesting. Shame Anthony Hopkins didn't reprise his role as Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lector, though.

He would be abit old for a 'prequel' :lol:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I've heard it sucks, quite frankly. That it was a lame movie that could never stand up to the two classics and was abviously only made to cash in from the hardcore fans...

Atleast that's the gossip around 'ere....:ninja:

Hopkins not in it? Bah, if I get it as a gift I'd see it, but I probably wont pay to see it...

Dark Drakan;59661 said:

Never underestimate the power of make-up and digital editing, Drunkles....

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;59662 said:
Never underestimate the power of make-up and digital editing, Drunkles....

No amount of make-up and digital editing or even surgery would make Anthony Hopkins look any younger :lol:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

A couple of safety-pins holding back the skin and wrinkles and he'll be as young and blood thirsty as he's ever been.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;59661 said:
That's what I was thinking. I think you have to go see it as a separate movie. It has to stand on its own. If you want to see Anthony Hopkins watch Silence of the Lambs. Looks like a good movie to me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;59668 said:
That's what I was thinking. I think you have to go see it as a separate movie. It has to stand on its own. If you want to see Anthony Hopkins watch Silence of the Lambs. Looks like a good movie to me.

But it would never stand up against those two...I think it is just a poor movie hitchiking on the fame of the two originals.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;59668 said:

Yeah it gets a bit annoying that 'really' good movies have all their sequels and follow ups slated for not being as good or not living up to the original etc. Although it might be a valid point to make some movies just have to be taken and thought of as separate movies to truly appreciate them although they might not live up to the others they might be good movies in their own right and this is sometimes overlooked.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

That might be the case alot of times Drunkles, but the fact that this movie is made soooooo many years after the originals tells me that someone ran out of ideas and decided to ride on the fame of the originals.

For example the real Hannibal Hopkins is featured many, many times in the T.V commercial - hells, aint even his famous face-mask(worn by Hopkins in the picture, mind you) in the freakin' logo of the movie?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;59672 said:
That might be the case alot of times Drunkles, but the fact that this movie is made soooooo many years after the originals tells me that someone ran out of ideas and decided to ride on the fame of the originals.

For example the real Hannibal Hopkins is featured many, many times in the T.V commercial - hells, aint even his famous face-mask(worn by Hopkins in the picture, mind you) in the freakin' logo of the movie?

Not really much more they could have done by 'going forward' with the story of Hannibal especcily with Hopkins age and as you said them running out of ideas. Plus people have been crying out for a prequel to explain why Hannibal was the way he was so they finally decided me make it.

It makes sense to use Hopkins in the TV ads and the logo as it is the story of him before he got to that point in his life. Plus for the publicity of course, i think its a smart move... and i havent seen the movie and it might not even be a patch on the original but by doing this they got me interested so job well done to them.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I am confused: You said to judge it as a unique movie on it's self - yet the fact that they use the originals a helluva lot doesn't bother you? Of course ol'Hannibal had to be feature some times, but actually using scenes frrom the originals in the trailer/commercial aswell as the logo seems a bit too much not to feel....cheap.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I didn't see him in the trailor I watched. meh oh well

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;59676 said:
I am confused: You said to judge it as a unique movie on it's self - yet the fact that they use the originals a helluva lot doesn't bother you? Of course ol'Hannibal had to be feature some times, but actually using scenes frrom the originals in the trailer/commercial aswell as the logo seems a bit too much not to feel....cheap.

No the fact they use the originals doesnt bother me, as most sequels and prequels use the originals in the ads and as the selling point and even use parts from original in the movies.

Albion Knight;59678 said:

Neither did i....

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Albion Knight;59678 said:

The Swedish version is...wierd. You don't even get to know which one of the guys on-screen that is the young Hannibal....o_O

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;59661 said:

Have you seen X Men 3? They made Magneto and Professor X look younger...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score