• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Fable 3 should have ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

James161324

Reaction score
It should have been a huge epic battle. I didn't raise 6.5 million to see a handful of dead soldiers. It should have had thousands of soldiers defending Albion.
Even if it was just a cut scene it would have been better than the ending

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
agreed, but i do think walters death was quite heartwarming.
since he forces you to kill him practically.

and the fight was on quite a small scale
it should have been longer, like making the character fight in different areas around albion to hold off the shadows

Kessd

Reaction score
at least you had the money. I was so busy trying to be good I ended up amassing a 1.75 million gold debt, and before I knew it, it was 1 day left. There are no people anywhere! I am king of an empty utopia lol.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
agreed, but i do think walters death was quite heartwarming.
since he forces you to kill him practically.

and the fight was on quite a small scale
it should have been longer, like making the character fight in different areas around albion to hold off the shadows

Well **** on a goddamn dick. Whole ****in game ruined for me.

No worries, I pretty much knew everything anyway, other than this.

Every character I like dies.

Maverickhey

Reaction score
Fable 3 was amazing, epic battles, awsome story. The shadows in the desert.. awsome. But the ending was.. less than epic, it was short, and the boss didnt wow me I thought it would be a series of battles fighting different forms but it saddly was not. Oh well always DLC to look forward to.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
Truth in all of the above. I had more difficulty fighting the occasional sentinel than Walter's shadow form.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I was at least expecting some manner of cinematic that would show the invasion. Maybe some unnamed villages being covered in that dripping darkness, or a legion of my bloody well-paid troops standing heroically against an ever appraching quagmire of nothingness. Something.

Instead, day one, loading screen, Bowerstone looking chaotic and a bit sandy - 'Oh hell, this must be the final battle...looks exactly how I was thrown with no respect, nor warning, into the middle of the revolution against Logan'.

I intentionally left the Sentinels alive longer so I could prolong the battle, correctly predicting (after seeing no cinematic or anything of the sort) that I was destined to be unhappy with the length and challenge of the ending.

The unfortunate business with Walter was touching; I did feel really quite bad at the end there. But the fight itself left much to be wished for.

James161324

Reaction score
Overall the major set points were a bit of a fail. As you brought up i didn't know i can win a revolution in a single battle now.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Yeah, I felt there was definately some missing cut-scenage towards the end. You spend all that time sorting out or destroying your defence's and its all dealt with in about two sentences from Theresa and Walter. I had expected to have a scene that cut around albion, showing the charge of shadows and either your forces driving them back if you have had lots of cash, or watch as each area falls to the darkness and thier people are slain.

Not to mention, Reaver seemingly vanishes of the face of the earth after the final battle. Without any chance to send him to his death. DLC?

Anvious

Reaction score
at least you had the money. I was so busy trying to be good I ended up amassing a 1.75 million gold debt, and before I knew it, it was 1 day left. There are no people anywhere! I am king of an empty utopia lol.

Ye my kingdom is empty too ffs :( Bought all their houses and shops to become empty !! Even my own guards don't like me anymore... really sucks to be good eh!
OT: Yea I was really dissapointed in the way F3 ended.. Was expecting a much bigger fight since it was a countdown to the world's destruction and all that

Darkwolfdemon

Reaction score
Yeah, I felt there was definately some missing cut-scenage towards the end. You spend all that time sorting out or destroying your defence's and its all dealt with in about two sentences from Theresa and Walter. I had expected to have a scene that cut around albion, showing the charge of shadows and either your forces driving them back if you have had lots of cash, or watch as each area falls to the darkness and thier people are slain.

Not to mention, Reaver seemingly vanishes of the face of the earth after the final battle. Without any chance to send him to his death. DLC?

Same here. I thought you would see an army the size of the evil god king moving towards Albion and then depending on your army your army would be tiny or an equily or even greater sized army. It was rather disappointing "day 1, lets have a celebration, oh its the middle of a sandy battle in one area and then walking and alittle fighting, small cut scene of hallucinations, one or two of those winged statues, Walter possessed, 3 minutes later evil defeated and Walter dies, statue of Walter with and other leaders around me, sister from first game, credits”; it just seemed like the ending was slapped together like the last game but worse. But at least everyone is happy and alive at the end of my game. I do wonder if the huge door in the desert might be part of a quest or a DLC.

xzxzxz70

The kitty is watching...
Reaction score

Check the war room in the castle, Reaver leaves you a note there after the battle.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I had heard that but didn't come upon it. I do hope it was due to my lack of attention than to a bug.

x339

Reaction score
Im still mad that when I have like 100 something days left, and im still enjoying the hell outta being a king, I finish my daily duties and then get "Congratulations on 1 year, your majesty!"

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I was at least expecting some manner of cinematic that would show the invasion. Maybe some unnamed villages being covered in that dripping darkness, or a legion of my bloody well-paid troops standing heroically against an ever appraching quagmire of nothingness. Something.

Instead, day one, loading screen, Bowerstone looking chaotic and a bit sandy - 'Oh hell, this must be the final battle...looks exactly how I was thrown with no respect, nor warning, into the middle of the revolution against Logan'.

I intentionally left the Sentinels alive longer so I could prolong the battle, correctly predicting (after seeing no cinematic or anything of the sort) that I was destined to be unhappy with the length and challenge of the ending.

The unfortunate business with Walter was touching; I did feel really quite bad at the end there. But the fight itself left much to be wished for.

Agreed. However, I was not at all attached to Walter. I was like "Oh damn... he's dead... that sucks". There wasn't enough time to develop any sort of relationship with any of the characters and because of it, I was completely unattached from them emotionally.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Which makes for a most unsatisfying journey, I'm sure.

I believe my sentimentality for Walter came more from knowing the man behind him, Bernard Hill, than from the in-game conversations.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Well s*** on a goddamn dick. Whole ****in game ruined for me.

No worries, I pretty much knew everything anyway, other than this.

Every character I like dies.
Haha, that's so sad :)

No, really. this guy just had the ending spoiled

Meilf

Reaction score
Once AGAIN I feel like Lionhead sped up the ending to meet a release date. Fable one, and the Lost-Chapters, were great endings. Fable II, I think we can all agree, was one of the worst endings of any game I have ever played. Fable III did a little better, but the final battle is Sir Walter? What the **** Fable... You beat the darkness, yet you're still fighting them in Aurora? WHY ARE THERE BALVERINES IN THE RICHEST PLACE IN ALBION, MILLFIELDS!? God...so many **** ups, yet it is still an amazing game...

captainsavvy

Reaction score
I noticed a few people chose the good ruler options and didn't have enough money to save their subjects.
I can only imagine that they blitzed through their royal duties because when it came to the final battle, I had enough gold in the treasury to buy the army twice over and another 6mil of my personal gold.
I chose every good option available.
Maybe it's because I'm anal-retentive and bought every house in the kingdom...
I've finished the game now and have more money than I could possibly spend on anything :blink:

Back on topic though, the ending was definitely somewhat anti-climactic. As mentioned before, a shot of the darkness spreading across the sea and Albion would have been a vast improvement. :/

Archmenel

Reaction score
That's what I did as well - bought everything and travelled a bit. I had 7.5 million in the treasury and another two million in the sanctuary by day 121.

Not too difficult when you are making one-hundred thousand every five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.