• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How shall the game start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score
Re: How shall the game start?

sirsimon;406794 said:
I believe you will begin the game as a fat, spoiled child, but when you are a young adult, your mentor Sir Walter uncovers evidence that Logan is plotting to murder you to prevent opposition against his reign. On the night Logan orders his guards to kill you, Walter leads you out of the castle and vows to exact revenge on Logan and promises to look after you.

I think this will be the scenario, judging from what Peter has said, all the interviews and news I have looked at

o_OI don't want to be fat.:'(

mafiusdrake

Very Unknown
Reaction score

i hope you start as a kid it's a nice way to ease in to a new game

the best part of fable 2 was the bird crap at the start on your head

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

hmm... though logan kicks you out, i am inclined he would attempt to kill you to prevent some type coup early on but fails due to sir walter like sir simon mentioned (except being fat)

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

mafiusdrake;406912 said:
i found this months ago when fable III was annouced
719000_orig.jpg

o_O...Weird. I like what Fable 3 is now.

mafiusdrake

Very Unknown
Reaction score

yea its the wrong pic the i saw said your brother kicks you out and assumes power just rush the post without checking

i like what it is now too

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

Vicious Dice;406917 said:
o_O...Weird. I like what Fable 3 is now.
It's fake. And pretty amateur at that.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

That picture is fake. PM confirmed that the gap was only 50-60 years.

sirsimon

Reaction score

I don't think your character will be fat, but you may be a bit spoiled due to your home and status in the world.

That picture is so fake, I dont like it. I prefer Fable III as it is now.

I think Logan gets the crown due to your parent declaring him successor due to Logan being the eldest. But Walter objects and helps you escape after Logan after years of putting up with you, decides to kill you to ensure you dont get his crown or power.

This is when you and Walter, and possible Theresa , whom is confirmed to be returning, will help you go on a quest to rid albion of your brother

darthmaul12332

darthmaul
Reaction score

I think that you and logan are going on a trip somewhere in the kingdom with your mentor, I forget his name, and while you are gone some one attacks the castle and murders your family, and you belive it was someone who hated your family only to find out later in the game that it was logan who hired them, so that he can gain controle of albion, he just made sure you wasn't killed so it wouldn't look like he did it.

MournfulStorms

*Snerk*
Reaction score

That picture is really obviously fake. "The sorcerers of Samarkand." Really? Pfft. They shouldn't give the Fable games a second title...ever.

I believe you'll probably have at least a few minutes as a child, if only as a cutscene, because you always started as a child in the other games. But it's likely that most of the pre-revolution gameplay (at the very beginning) is as a teen, because children can't really do much.

I'm glad Fable is what it is now...I'm liking a lot of what we've been told. I just hope that the gap between what we know and what those features actually are isn't too big. PM, keep your promises!

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

MournfulStorms;407034 said:
That picture is really obviously fake. "The sorcerers of Samarkand." Really? Pfft. They shouldn't give the Fable games a second title...ever.

Agreed.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

I'd love for another sister. Rose made the beginning of the game..so emotional, It'd be nice to have another one.

sirsimon

Reaction score

I liked Rose, she is one character I actually emotionally respond to.

Fable franchise is the only franchise that has created characters I laugh and gasp at

Overan

Reaction score

I think this is a good idea, you start off as a little child in your royal castle loved by your father, nice happy moments. Then your father dies when your character is about 10 years of age, your brother takes over Albion, and your brother exiles you to factory labour. What follows is you growing up seeing Albion decay under Logan's rule, the misery of factory life, and the need for change. You meet a group of revolutionaries and the story takes off from there. A great deal of material to work with there and motivation to overthrow Logan and dispose of factories.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Overan;407254 said:
I think this is a good idea, you start off as a little child in your royal castle loved by your father, nice happy moments. Then your father dies when your character is about 10 years of age, your brother takes over Albion, and your brother exiles you to factory labour. What follows is you growing up seeing Albion decay under Logan's rule, the misery of factory life, and the need for change. You meet a group of revolutionaries and the story takes off from there. A great deal of material to work with there and motivation to overthrow Logan and dispose of factories.

A nice beginning...

Bluedrake

Reaction score

They seem to be presenting the industrial age in a negative light, which is ironic considering that without it this game would not exist without it.

Joking aside though, I can already figure out a strategy to be the most beloved ruler Albion has ever known. Do exactly the reverse of what Reaver wants, and you will be the ultimate goody-two shoes.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407287 said:
Joking aside though, I can already figure out a strategy to be the most beloved ruler Albion has ever known. Do exactly the reverse of what Reaver wants, and you will be the ultimate goody-two shoes.

But I won't be the ultimate goody-two shoes, I'll be just the opposite...

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

Vicious Dice;407301 said:
But I won't be the ultimate goody-two shoes, I'll be just the opposite...

Godzila with chainsaw arms and a giant baddy-bee shoes!?

Overan

Reaction score

Bluedrake;407287 said:
They seem to be presenting the industrial age in a negative light, which is ironic considering that without it this game would not exist without it.

Industrialization itself is not bad, however the game expands upon its early days when black smoke covered the lands and the workers were considered disposable.

Status
Not open for further replies.