• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to remove baldness and horns?

C

chrisangelo

How to remove baldness and horns?

I've managed to remove those annoying flies after few tries :D !
But I can't locate the baldness and the horns entries... also I'd love to remove the will tats. Please can anyone guide me :( ?? thanks in advance!!

P

PiNo RoKr

Re: How to remove baldness and horns?

OH MY BAD!!!
it's modding huh?

jwc2200

Reaction score

chrisangelo;181485 said:
But I can't locate the baldness and the horns entries... also I'd love to remove the will tats. Please can anyone guide me :( ?? thanks in advance!!

To remove will tats:
Open FE,
CREATURE, HERO,
CHeroMorphDef, DE9B0516,
Click Del in any box that has Will in it.
There are 2 for each body part I think, get them all.

As to the horns and baldness, I can not help other than to give you this site:

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Definitions => No bald when evil.

That works on baldness, but not horns. If you use that site, search long and hard before asking questions, they are not polite like we are here on this forum.

EDIT: I found this:

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Definitions => No horns

Good luck,

Jason

C

chrisangelo

thanks a lot jwc2200 :D !! But... can you just show me the entries to the baldness and horns, like you did for the will tatts? Because I already tried those fmp, and they make my xbox freeze, that's why I want to do it manually like I did for the flies :lol:
again, thank you so much for your much helpful assistance :blush:

edit: oops sorry, didn't see the "I can not help other than to give you" part. still I'd love if anyone here knows the entries !!
+ rep Jason, you rock!

jwc2200

Reaction score

I figured out how to remove horns.
Open FE,
OBJECT,
3519-OBJECT_HERO_HORNS,
Open CAppearanceModifierDef, by clicking Links to (GameBINEntryID),
Click plus sign beside CAppearanceModifierDef,
Click 67019D5C-Appearance Clothing Model,
Click 'Del' in all 3 of those boxes.
Click Actions, Save Mods and Run Fable.

I did that then used a trainer to go max evil and had no horns. Still had the baldness, but I did not use the no baldness fmp. Hero doesn't get crackly looking spots on his head either.
I will still try to figure out the baldness thing, but this is a start.

Jason

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

+rep for helping out as always Jason.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Dark Drakan;181553 said:
+rep for helping out as always Jason.
Thanks once again Draken.

I found out, rather than, figured out, how to stop the baldness.
I found a post by Blue Tooth at FTLCModScene.

Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Definition Editing => Question about the Changes I plan to make

What he says to do is this:

6)Evil causes baldness. In the CAppearanceModifierDef of each OBJECT_HERO_"Hair" there are 3 models in an array, along with a number controlling when one model dissappears and the next one appears. Remove the 2 balding ones and reset the Appear/Dissappear on the first one.

I used the ponytail. Deleting the last 2 values was the easy part, notice he doesn't say what to reset the "Appear/Dissappear on the
first one. " to. What I did was set the Rank to Disappear to the highest value on the last bald one, which was 1.1. I left the Rank to Appear at zero.

Open FE,
Open OBJECT,
Open OBJECT_HERO_HAIR_PONYTAIL _01,
Open CAppearanceModifierDef, by clicking Links to (GameBINEntryID),
Click plus sign beside CAppearanceModifierDef,
Click 67019D5C-Appearance Clothing Model,
Click 'Del' in the last 2 boxes,
Change Rank to Disappear in first box to 1.1,
Click Apply Changes,
Click Actions, Save Mods and Run Fable.

I used my trainer, went max evil and killed some poor unsuspecting folks in Bowerstone. No horns, No baldness.

So now you can do all this manually chrisangelo, hope it all works for you.

Good luck,

Jason

C

chrisangelo

Jason!! You're my HERO :w00t: !!! I really don't know how to thank you for your priceless help and assistance .
No more flies... No more baldness... No more horns... FABLE! HERE I COME :D !! Now it's time to enjoy the evil alignment :ninja:
+ rep Jason, and praises mate ^_^

jwc2200

Reaction score

Glad to help.

S

serotonin

chrisangelo;181485 said:

Will you tell me how you removed the flies?

This thread has already made my day by showing me how to remove the ugly and annoying will tattoos (which imo are only neat-looking if you're a a full will user, but if you're something like a Witchhunter with only four or so spells mastered, the will tattoos only come through enough to make your character look like he has some sort of ugly skin disorder and/or varicose veins in his face). Now if I can just figure out how to remove the flies, basically the only two aesthetic aspects of Fable that ever truly bothered me will be forever rectified. :lol:

jwc2200

Reaction score

Open FE,
CREATURE,
CREATURE_HERO,
CHeroMorphDef,
Scroll down to Flies(not sure of number since I deleted them),
Click Del.
Save and Run

S

serotonin

jwc2200;181498 said:
To remove will tats:
Open FE,
CREATURE, HERO,
CHeroMorphDef, DE9B0516,
Click Del in any box that has Will in it.
There are 2 for each body part I think, get them all.

Well, I guess I spoke too soon, because I'm a newbie and I can't make sense of these directions.

I've downloaded Fable Explorer and opened it up. I scrolled down to find the entry for "CREATURE". I click the + sign to extend it. Okay, simple enough.

I then can't find any entry for "HERO". The closest I can find is "CREATURE_HERO". Is that what you mean?

Well, I double-click "CREATURE_HERO", and a right-sided panel comes up in FE. In this panel, there is a large number of entries with number-letter combinations labelling them, but I can't find any such combination that goes "DE9B0516". And as for anything labeled "CHeroMorphDef", I don't see that anywhere either.

S

serotonin

jwc2200;182226 said:
Open FE,
CREATURE,
CREATURE_HERO,
CHeroMorphDef,
Scroll down to Flies(not sure of number since I deleted them),
Click Del.
Save and Run

I guess I the main problem is that I can't find this "CHeroMorphDef" heading you refer to. When I double-click "CREATURE_HERO", the panel on the right-side shows a Heading labeled "CREATURE", which you can extend, and there's one sub-heading labeled "CDefs" and lots of other various headings with number-letter labels. But as I said, no sub-headings explicitly read "CHeroMorphDef" or "DE9B0516" (for the will tattoos), and I've gone slowly through the list three times now.

jwc2200

Reaction score

serotonin;182236 said:
I guess I the main problem is that I can't find this "CHeroMorphDef" heading you refer to. When I double-click "CREATURE_HERO", the panel on the right-side shows a Heading labeled "CREATURE", which you can extend, and there's one sub-heading labeled "CDefs" and lots of other various headings with number-letter labels. But as I said, no sub-headings explicitly read "CHeroMorphDef" or "DE9B0516" (for the will tattoos), and I've gone slowly through the list three times now.

I can click on some of the headings randomly and look through them, and as I do I will occasionally see a deletable entry that has "CHeroMorphDef" in its window, but that's the only time I'm ever seeing that label anywhere.

Sorry, I made it quick because I thought you had done horns already,
You are right, it is 1450 - CREATURE_HERO,
Click the plus sign beside CREATURE,
Scroll down to 1450 - CREATURE_HERO,
Double click that, it opens window on the right,
Single click CREATURE_HERO, the word, not the plus sign,
Several boxes open on the right, with the slide on the far right,
Scroll down until you see:
Links to (GameBINEntryID):
(int)InheritedEntryID 1470
Links to (GameBINEntryID) : CREATURE_HERO

Single click Links to (GameBINEntryID):
A new window opens with +CHeroMorphDef
Single click the word, not the plus sign,
Use the slider bar on the far right to scroll down to 718A793D,
That will have entries in boxes, click the Del in the box for Flies

The Will tat entries are in the first set of boxes DE9B0516,
You will get to those boxes before Flies,
Click the Del in any box that the word Will,
I think it's two boxes for each body part.

S

serotonin

Alright, I think I'm finding my way now. :)

Once I delete these entries and then goto "Action" > "Save Mods and Run Fable", will the changes be permanent? I just want to be sure that I can run the game from the main executable from now on and the mods will still work. I've already backed up the relevant files in my file directory, btw.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, just to be sure... does this method of removing the will tattoos remove both the blue coloring AND the bump-mapped raised markings on the skin? I ask, because some other will tattoo removal mods I've found only removed the blue glow, but not the bump-mapping effect itself.

EDIT: I found the listing for flies easy enough, but I slowly looked through all of DE9B0516 and didn't find a single a entry with the word "WILL" anywhere in it. Lots of entries having to do with various body parts, hair and beard styles, skin color, eye color, etcetera... but nothing specifically denoting will tattoos or even mentioning Will at all. Sigh.

jwc2200

Reaction score

serotonin;182246 said:
Alright, this is making more sense now. :)

Once I delete these entries and then goto "Action" > "Save Mods and Run Fable", will the changes be permanent, and only reversible with a reinstall? If so that's not really a problem because I don't really plan on playing a total will-user character, and even if I did reinstalling wouldn't be a big deal. But mainly I just want to be sure that I can run the game from the main executable from now on and the mods will still work.

Oh yeah, and one more thing, just to be sure... does this method of removing the will tattoos remove both the blue coloring AND the bump-mapped raised markings on the skin? I ask, because some other will tattoo removal mods I've found only removed the blue glow, but not the bump-mapping effect itself.
If you have not already, make a back-up of your game.bin. Then you can simply replace it if you do the will profile.

Once you make the changes and save them through FE the first time, they are permanently in that game.bin file. So you can run from the game and not FE.

I think that it will remove all of the will markings. If you remove every entry with will in it, some are bump, I think. Mine are gone so I cannot check without replacing the game.bin.

Check out this post to learn more about which files to back-up:
http://forums.projectego.net/new-modding-fable-3352/

C

chrisangelo

that's weird. When I removed the will tats boxes, it removed the bumps too. Make sure you deleted all of the will boxes, and don't forget to make a backup copy of your game.bin and work on it as a dummy file (that's what I usually do until I make the game.bin the way I want) because you might accidently deleted some other boxes that contains other morphings such as blonde for good player, and other good and evil features.

S

serotonin

I figured out the files to back-up from already looking at some guides, so no problem there.

Finding the entry for flies and deleting it was easy. So that's done.

But my problem right now is that I'm looking through DE9B0516 and I'm not seeing any boxes denoted with a "WILL" something or another anywhere. I see lots of stuff denoting affects for various body parts, hair color, eye color, hair-styles, beards, etc., but no entries that make any specific mention of "WILL".

Edit: I dunno, I think maybe this program is being screwy with me. Like I can't get it to scroll through all the entries. I'll get to the bottom, and there's still half a box not fully visible, but I can't get the window to scroll down any farther.

Fable Explorer also crashes a lot if I have it full-screened or if I'm typing in this web browser while it's loading a new heading or whatever. I'm not sure what's up. I'm just gonna assume the entries are somewhere here in
DE9B0516, they're labeled with "WILL" somewhere in the box name in blue letters, and I just gotta figure out how to make FE not work like ****.

Another thing... whenever I try to browse the sub-heading "Texture Morph List" under
DE9B0516, FE crashes. I wonder if the entries I'm looking for are in there. Argh.

jwc2200

Reaction score

serotonin;182251 said:
I figured out the files to back-up from already looking at some guides, so no problem there.

Finding the entry for flies and deleting it was easy. So that's done.

But my problem right now is that I'm looking through DE9B0516 and I'm not seeing any boxes denoted with a "WILL" something or another anywhere. I see lots of stuff denoting affects for various body parts, hair color, eye color, hair-styles, beards, etc., but no entries that make any specific mention of "WILL".

Edit: I dunno, I think maybe this program is being screwy with me. Like I can't get it to scroll through all the entries. I'll get to the bottom, and there's still half a box not fully visible, but I can't get the window to scroll down any farther.

Fable Explorer also crashes a lot if I have it full-screened or if I'm typing in this web browser while it's loading a new heading or whatever. I'm not sure what's up. I'm just gonna assume the entries are somewhere hear in DE9B0516, they're labeled with "WILL" somewhere in the box name in blue letters, and I just gotta figure out how to make FE not work like ****.

Another thing... whenever I try to browse the sub-heading "Texture Morph List" under DE9B0516, FE crashes. I wonder if the entries I'm looking for are in there. Argh.

Every thing you said happened to me when I first used FE. I think it takes alot of memory, because it doesn't like it when you do anything else while its running.
The Will entries are hidden. I also got rid of all the old and bump entries, so the Will ones moved up. The part about a sub heading is probably files you should leave alone if it crashes.
I guess you should delete the old and/or bump, or maybe the blond. Anything that will allow you to get to Will entries. I deleted alot, I only have 25 entries in that array, think it starts at 150+.

Maybe delete some hairstyles you do not plan to use.