• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I r b Going Away

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Unfortunately by going away thread cannot rival Cheez's but I'm sure all (or at least some or of... maybe one or two) remember last year, my family sent me on a Christian camp thing mistakenly thinking I too was religious?

Well, I still haven't plucked up the courage to tell them I don't actually give a f**k and so it's time again for me to spend a week in a tent, s**ting in a bucket. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and won't be back till Friday, so until then, TOODLES.

Cain

Reaction score
Goodbye. I would say 'have a nice time' but we both know thats not going to happen, is it?

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
Hobbsy, my homoculus. why you leaving man. you still have to do my fantasy thing

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone is so hostile towards religion in the internet, I mean it has done some VERY important **** to contribute to our modern world. Anyway have a good time Hobbes.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahaha haaaaaaahh. You have fun, boy.

I don't get why everyone is so hostile towards religion in the internet, I mean it has done some VERY important s*** to contribute to our modern world. Anyway have a good time Hobbes.

Like what?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I actually always enjoyed bible camp when I used to go as a kid. :O

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Have fun Hobbe, perhaps you'll learn a thing or two and enjoy some aspect of your adventure.

The very first thing that popped into my mind was the work of the Jesuits in the orient. Aside from their usual converting thing they had going on, they took a great interest in the philosophical works over there and translated it into several languages to share with several cultures. They would do this with other types of things too, of note are the medical manuscripts but they shared a lot of information. Basically, they were an early Wikipedia.

But people who like to hate on religion always prefer to ignore stuff like that.

Well played, sir. I'm just sad that people need an excuse to be cool like that. You don't need religion to do good things.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Just before I go, I'm not knocking religion; there is nothing wrong with it. But frankly I don't care whether there's a God or not.

You don't need religion to do good things.

^ Pretty much this... if there is a God, cool, if there isn't a God, also cool. People should just do whatever makes them happiest.

Anyway, this'll be one of my last posts for the week so LOL BYE GUISE.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Have fun, son.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Have fun Hobbe, perhaps you'll learn a thing or two and enjoy some aspect of your adventure.

The very first thing that popped into my mind was the work of the Jesuits in the orient. Aside from their usual converting thing they had going on, they took a great interest in the philosophical works over there and translated it into several languages to share with several cultures. They would do this with other types of things too, of note are the medical manuscripts but they shared a lot of information. Basically, they were an early Wikipedia.

But people who like to hate on religion always prefer to ignore stuff like that.

Like what?

Wasn't there some monk that studied peas? Something about genetics or something? Passing on genetic stuff for generation to generation?

I have no idea, can't remember. Lets just pretend they invented hotdogs.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Also, if that kinda camp makes you go in a bucket...they're as outdated as the stories they read...;).

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
That question for real son? Even if you are as anti-religion as possible denying the importance of it is just plain silly.
EDIT:
Didn't see JohnDoe's reply up there.

Well I really don't see a modern importance for it anymore.