• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it true?

S

Seargant Mitch

Re: Is it true?

"I can say however, that I have started multiple saves with different paths of choice, and the story and world of the game will divinely have an impact on what you do" Taken from a review... http://blog.gamesonsmash.com/2008/10/20/fable-ii-review-9910/2/

It must be true that starting a new game, then pressing continue on main menu...shows you all your characters, like i said, will check this out ( sorry for double post, thought this was relevant);):D:lol:

T

Tymolus

Malikh;220084 said:
Whether they have or not, i have. I want to say the max is 6 separate characters, but you can definitely have more than 1.

If you want to be sure, start up a second account (not necessarily a Live account) and create 2 characters.

So, you're telling me you have personally tried this? And you can indeed have multiple characters on the same gamertag? Guess what my friend? YOU JUST WON $1000!! In another thread I said that whoever was the first to try it and confirm it would be invited into my world when I download online co op (not for a while as I hear its bugged) and I will give you $1000! If you don't mind, PM me your gamertag and I'll add it later on :)

M

Malikh

Tymolus;220251 said:
So, you're telling me you have personally tried this? And you can indeed have multiple characters on the same gamertag? Guess what my friend? YOU JUST WON $1000!! In another thread I said that whoever was the first to try it and confirm it would be invited into my world when I download online co op (not for a while as I hear its bugged) and I will give you $1000! If you don't mind, PM me your gamertag and I'll add it later on :)

As much as I appreciate it. I'm good. I'm thinking of bribing a Town Crier to declare my name to be Donald Trump. If only I could find an awful hair piece.

A

Ahon

Lala;219245 said:
Heya,

Ok - this might seem like a stupid question as I'm looking EVERYWHERE for an answer, but I'm still at work and I called my boyfriend who went out and bought Fable 2 because -I- wanted it and he said that you can only have one character because the save simply overwrites the same file over and over again. We have Fable 2 on the Xbox 360. Is this true? Will I have to wait for him to finish the game before I can play with my own character? Or is there a way to have two saved games?

kinda, having different gamer profiles works fine, just make sure to change them when you turn your xbox on

1junechoi

its not true...i've tried it because i messed up my first character.
I started a new game after I already made one prior to that and then after an autosave I logged out for a break and came back and when I pressed continue at the load screen it offered me which character I would like to play. I believe you can have a total of like 5-6 characters. It shows your characters on those fate cards you receive from Theresa. Anyways there confirmed.

edit: you don't need multiple gamertags....

BubbaH

Reaction score

U can start 6 "games", just create a new character and u can choose between the first one and the recently created one, i tried this as i wanted to try out a Female hero as well as and Male hero.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

I always thought only 5 game slots was low. never understood why it was limited as the limit should be amount of storage space.

If there is only one save slot per character I have to say that really sucks as I like to have different save points at different parts of the game. eg. in fable 1 there is one just before the arena.

The only practical reason I can think of for lionhead to do it is they want you to regret any mistakes you do and not able to go back in time and redo that part of the game.

A

Apacolypse9210

u can have multiple chars when u make a new one and go to continue it lets u select which hero to play but the max i know is six

S

Selejx

No, it's not true. You can have up to 6 characters on one gamer tag. The thing is, you can't have multiple save points for each character.

M

Meat Shield

I have 2 different heros started so I would say no its not true, I don't have multiple saves to backtrack my characters progression , but i do show 2 different games saved , I just simply started a new game again, then after that you choose which hero you want to play. (i made 1 for good and one for evil)

L

llsgamer

ok so after i end fable 2 as a hero and i want to play as an evil character i can just go back to the start menu and go on new game and it will let me keep my hero file and i can start a new game?, i just need to make sure before i do this.