• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kill Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

FableFan4

Reaction score
Kill Children

I was mad that u could not kill kids in fable2. do u want this to be available in fable3?:sly:

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score
Re: Kill Children

it definetely won't it automatically gets put off the shelves if you kill children

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

It'd be good. I wish you could kill children in every game. They f**k me off.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

You can do it in Fallout 3, if you have a mod :p

Cain

Reaction score

dosen't matter how much you want it to be added into Fable 3, it will never be allowed. No store would be caught dead selling a game that allows you kill human children. personally I think the idea of being able to kill children in the game is as stupid and sick as the rape expression idea

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

After Fable 2 came out, I heard a lot of this: "Fable 2 sucks, you can't kill kids." And people put it below other games (other games that also did not allow killing children) just for that. I don't understand that at all. I've never been wandering around wanting to kill kids just for the sake of killing kids. The only time I actually wanted to kill kids in Fable was in Bowerstone South in TLC. When the kids were alive, you couldn't purchase the houses they lived in, so I used the +24 Trainer to kill them and buy their houses. I really don't care whether you can kill them or not, as long as they don't make it like Bowerstone in TLC, which I don't see happening.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Good idea if they allow heroes to hunt down and slaughter child-killers like dogs. It would be a fascinating new part of online play and would be a deeply satisfying bit of retribution. Or, even better, if for killing kids you had every NPC in a fifty-mile radius descend on you with the torches and pitchforks. Sure, you would slaughter them all, but just have them keep coming and coming until finally you give up and stop playing, never to kill a child again.

GaEv

Reaction score

Even if you could kill children why would you want to? You can already massacre a whole town, you're not missing out on much.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

in all honesty, i dont like the idea of children having god mode active. why dont adults have it too? they were once children, and children are future adults. i couldnt care less really, so i'll just stop typing now

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Its just morally wrong and sick. And its not going to happen. People will get fable banned if it happens

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

I don't really have anything to say to this, other than the little girl who follows you around in Bowerstone South screaming "Hero, Hero!" nonstop should be killable, decapitatable, evisceratable, garrotable, and castrate-able.

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;341131 said:
Its just morally wrong and sick. And its not going to happen. People will get fable banned if it happens

So let me get this straight... it's morally wrong and reprehensible to kill children but anyone over the arbitrary age of 18 has the green light from you to get the axe? A little flawed in your logic I would say. Either it's morally wrong to kill or it's not. You cannot have a distinction between killing children and adults... you cannot cut up morality into such tidy pieces to fit into your perception of things.

So either fable should be banned for killing humans of any age or all humans should be subject to the blade. I, for one, do not care if they let the little tikes live or go out in a great blinding flash of lightning spell but, unfortunately, social niceties have already put an answer to that one. I say if it's not hurting anyone then let it go.

It's a video game and you can't place morality judgments onto consumer entertainment unless you want everyone drinking from the same "Kool-Aid" and wearing funny hats.

So no more espousing that social construction garbage and let's stick to the infinite wisdom of age defined content that allows everyone to feel better about the world and keep lawyers employed.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

PhilistineEars;341139 said:
So let me get this straight... it's morally wrong and reprehensible to kill children but anyone over the arbitrary age of 18 has the green light from you to get the axe? A little flawed in your logic I would say. Either it's morally wrong to kill or it's not. You cannot have a distinction between killing children and adults... you cannot cut up morality into such tidy pieces to fit into your perception of things.

So either fable should be banned for killing humans at all or all humans should be subject to the blade. I, for one, do not care if they let the little tikes live or go out in a great blinding flash of lightning spell but, unfortunately, social niceties have already put an answer to that one.

It's a video game and you can't place morality onto consumer entertainment unless you want everyone drinking from the same "Kool-Aid" and wearing funny hats.

So no more espousing that social construction garbage and let's stick to the infinite wisdom of age defined content that allows everyone to feel better about the world and keep lawyers employed.

This is epic win.

GaEv

Reaction score

I don't see any moral problem with it, I just don't see the point.

Dr Doom

Reaction score

I killed a child in fable 2 but by accident, i was aiming for a hobbe and the child got pwned in the head

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

think it this way, when you can kill kids in a game. People will find another thing kids can't do that adults can... Such as sex... Personally both are twisted

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

Morality arguments aside, it's about realism and consequences of being a bad shot/spell caster/ sword wielder.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Daemon300;341095 said:
You can do it in Fallout 3, if you have a mod :p

We've been over this. You stfu with your PC games. ^_^

Dr Doom

Reaction score

yeah pc sucks man
mods are crap and help no-one
ur not a master if everything you do is modded

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Just coz you can't mod 360 :p

Edit: ninja'd ;s

Dr Doom, seems like you don't know what a mod is.

Status
Not open for further replies.