• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Re: KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

Lolz^^
Bowerstone IS Bowerstone (from Fable 1)
Oakfield is a field next to where Oakvale used to be, now called Wraith Marsh
Knothole Island? well I can't be sure, but I do hope it will be where Knothole Glade used to be - maybe it's still there!?
Also I think Knothole Island is the island Knothole Glade was built on :D

Maybe the ruins of the Temple Avo is still there?
Maybe you can still spell S-H-I-T out of the 4 stones?
Maybe we can play through the Arena once more?
Maybe... nope Im done...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

MasterJh;239361 said:
Why does everyone think it's bad that it's gunna cost a bit of money? If Microsoft didn't charge us then Lionhead wouldn't get payed and if Lionhead didn't get payed then there would be no more DLC...In layman's terms; Paying=good
Excellent point +Rep

If two parties have a mutually beneficial exchange then the exchange will likely repeat it self. This is the principal of a Win/Win arrangement.

If the exchange is a win/lose then it is not as likely to repeat itself.

Assuming for the sake of argument and easy math that Fable might pass 2 million copies sold by Mid-December here are some guesses on how they determine the price.

Free X 90% downloaded = Zero extra revenue
400 points ($5 US) x 50% downloaded = 5 million dollars extra rev
800 points ($10 US) x 30% downloaded = 6 million dollars extra rev
1200 points ($15 US) x 10% downloaded = 3 million dollars extra rev

I just made up the numbers but you see where I'm going. People will pay for the download because they think it's worth it for the price. Microsoft will price the DLC where they think whey can get the most money overall.

If you were in charge of setting the price and then dividing the revenue generated between 1000 employees in your company, what price would you set for the download based upon these numbers? Remember these are your friends and co-workers not a nameless company.
SimonKalevra;239370 said:
Lolz^^
Bowerstone IS Bowerstone (from Fable 1)
Oakfield is a field next to where Oakvale used to be, now called Wraith Marsh
Knothole Island? well I can't be sure, but I do hope it will be where Knothole Glade used to be - maybe it's still there!?
Also I think Knothole Island is the island Knothole Glade was built on :D

Maybe the ruins of the Temple Avo is still there?
Maybe you can still spell S-H-I-T out of the 4 stones?
Maybe we can play through the Arena once more?
Maybe... nope Im done...
The people of Knothole Glade left to live on Knothole Island it is not the same place ;)
History of Knothole Island
Hundreds of years ago, the tribe from Knothole Glade discovered the existence of an island far off the mainland said to offer its inhabitants full control over their weather. Tired of constant Balverine attacks and damp, dreary weather, the tribe elders decided they would find this mythic island and settle there. The ancient civilisation who originally lived on the island created the magical artifacts that control the weather, and hid them in dangerous caves so that their warriors would be tested every year.
Read more here

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Cheers :D
I'll miss the 4 stones then

MasterJh

Reaction score

Simon, i was messing around, i'm not actually that stupid (i hope) =P and Albion Knight, +rep on the history of Knothole Island

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

D'oh! (Im at work, and I gotta be stupid to even work here - thats my excuse anyway :p)

Key Features

• Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
  • Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
  • Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.
  • Brandish 6 new weapons.
  • Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
  • Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
  • +50 additional leaderboards
An Assassin outfit!!

MasterJh

Reaction score

I think they said that it was just Assassin gloves ---> Sad Face :(

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

... Well that sucks
so basicly they are gonna give us 1 piece of assassin clothing for each DLC they publish??

although it says: "Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an assassin"
I wouldn't say a pair of gloves and a coat makes you look like an assassin, so I havent lost all hope.. yet

T

Tymolus

MasterJh;239361 said:
Why does everyone think it's bad that it's gunna cost a bit of money?

Because we've already paid $60 for the game, do you like the idea of games costing $70? I wasn't complaining about having to pay, although I know you weren't saying I was, and you're just making a valid point on the whole no pay no DLC thing--but nobody WANTS to pay more for extra content, it sucks that we must.

But it's worth it :ninja: looks sweet as can be

edit-well you know...I actually don't mind paying the $10...I mean I'd rather pay $10 and make one of the best games I've played even greater than put that $10 towards a new game in a lot of ways...
I'm so happy there's still so much to do. I stopped playing the game after 2 weeks because I'm ending the semester and whatnot...I played through most of lost odyssey too...now I'm excited for more Fable content and finishing achievements and playing through with a new character :D

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Would you rather not pay and there be no more content? True that it would mean that Fable III would be here sooner but in the mean time we wouldn't have any extra content.

Charliee!

Reaction score

How much will it cost to download the KG island? I only noticed the price for the Albion Theme.
As soon as i get my Xbox repaired I will damn sure download this!

EDIT- Ignore this post :p

T

Tymolus

$10

/Albion
no? I clearly said I wasn't complaining and when it comes down to it I don't mind paying for it. Did I not? o.o

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

Well this is good news. I'm glad that they decided to come out with an outfit like the knight armor. I hope that one of the six new weapons is a more powerful longsword so that the Daichi will at least have a competitor in one handed weapons aside from 3 or 4 augment weapons, which are nearly impossible to find apparently. Perhaps this new augment tool will enable people to take out augments or even better add slots?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

this is seriously the best news iv heard for a while. im stoked. :D

T

Tymolus

TJ Griffin;239693 said:
this is seriously the best news iv heard for a while. im stoked. :D

im smoked :w00t:

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

i hope to god they have tri-corner pirate hats and a sword that you can get the town crier to name something like frostmourne of ripperjack or foebeater. and those augments on maelstrom and the rising sun and if knothole island was actually big not like the halls of the dead in the collector's edition.

and maybe in later dlc a town the actually rewards evil and not like everywhere else that hate you for it and a casle that id evil as well with like a place in the dungeon where you can get some villagers or men and watch them get slaughtered by your own hollow men or fight hollow men with them or get them all to charge into one big mellee and blow them all up. and a torture chamber. that would be awsome.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

MasterJh;239361 said:
Why does everyone think it's bad that it's gunna cost a bit of money? If Microsoft didn't charge us then Lionhead wouldn't get payed and if Lionhead didn't get payed then there would be no more DLC...In layman's terms; Paying=good

On a brighter note: OMFG I literally just realised this...Knothole Island has a similar name to Knothole Glade and Oakfield has a similar name to Oakvale and Bowerstone has a similar name to...Bowerstone. Seriously though, isn't that just a lil' bit of a coincidence?

Fable 2 was a full priced game, really this DLC should be free, xbox live just seems to be used as a money spinner for microsoft.

I also took notice of what some people said on lionhead's official forums that this DLC has came out way too soon after the game meaning it was probably complete ready at game release and deliberatly made as a priced DLC rather than included in the game.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

Orpheus Lupus;238638 said:
I'm looking forward to it. That said, the problem with saying it absolutely should be free and such is, well...Just a generation ago we didn't really have downloadable content or expansions on consoles. Ever. Technically we don't "deserve" anything. You don't want to pay for it, you don't have to really. It seems to be a lengthy side quest, not some big huge part of the plot.

Not to mention we don't know what the outright circumstances are, not to mention release dates are a funny thing that one side or the other doesn't have a whole lot of control over. At any rate chances are yes, downloadable content will be stuff left out of the final game due to time or space constraints. And yes, the people working at Lionhead will probably expect to be paid. They have to eat too, guys.

arguably a generation ago this would have been part of the original game. But then again a generation ago lionhead did manage to make people pay twice for fable 1 with the tlc been launched as a new game.

A

aceshigh2890

the sad thing about having little to no information about the new DLC besides things like "augment tools" and new weapons is that there is a humongous margin for dissapointment when it finally comes out. we all get overly excited and talk about how cool this and that would be if it was in the game (believe me i'm a victim myself of this) then come to find out this wicked sweet augment tool or somethin just lets you get rid of an augment which is stupid because its so easy to find another 2 slot master weapon or w.e you want. think about it tho, if they were to allow you to add an extra augment slot to a weapon it would undoubtedly have side affects because its not like lionhead to just give you something extremely good. for example the strong legendary weapons, like daichi are very powerful but they have terrible augments and vice versa so theres always a catch. my point being that this augment tool most likely has side affects to it like it'll decrease your damage done or you will only be able to use it once or something.

so yeah at the end of my kinda dumb rant i'd just like to say that sadly i have low expectations for the new DLC mainly because if i'm not expecting too much then i'm not left with the dissapointment from Lionhead and if they actually live up to there braggin and crap they say then i'll be extremely happy i just spent $10 on somethin that shoulda been on the game originally.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

wow! cant wait! dec 12... a day before my birth day lol

A

aceshigh2890

yes its really not too far away!! pretty excited actually. i can rant all day on what i dont like about the game but i know i cant put the game down and a couple more quests would be so sick.