• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LHT:Chapter 1+

L

LionHeadTex

LHT:Chapter 1+

Chapter 1:"The Wrong Choice, At The Wrong Time"

Albion’s sky panned to a glimmering blue darkness...and so far the shop keepers walked off of their booths and headed towards their cozy. or somewhat poor quarters. Kids grabbed their books, banging their wooden sticks on the sides of the old buildings, taking age with appearance, becoming rusty, and a welcome mat to termites...But, of course, on shop keeper had to be the last to pack up and leave to his bed, and this one was not lucky. Usually, the last ones were the rich and greedy merchants, the ones who begged for more power. Though, power to them was in gold coins.
To repay their greed, they would have to endure an agonizing process. And this process was only but a few seconds, if they co-operated correctly and suitably. But unlike a hair cut or a new tattoo, this process was guile, stealthy, and gutter-like. This process, of course, was thievery.
A shadow overwhelmed the merchants shop, enlarging every step it took towards the fat, Richie. It spoke with action, not words, but mere sense of perspective.
The shop keeper threw the gold at the dark silhouette, shrieking in fear and grabbing his things, he ran towards the door. But to his dismay, the shadow stood in his way. And at the same time of this movement, the shadow made a tisk-like sound, frightening the merchant. And after, the merchant tried to move to the side.
The shadow moved to the side.
The merchant moved to the left.
The shadow raised his arm up to block the chance.

The merchant grunted, and waited for a response from the thief. And he received it. For the shadow used his other arm to get a match, and point it at the rich, porky man.
"No..no!" He cried, stepping back. But the shadow stepped forward, and quickly lit the match by sliding the little stick down the merchants sleeve, “You can't!"
The thief laughed silently and silently enough for the merchant to hardly hear.

And as the robber noticed the merchant only needing for a cessation, he took the match that was filled with fire, and put it over a candle.

The candle reacted to the act, and its tip caught on fire. The merchant was relieved, thinking the match would go on him at first. But his relief was soon to fade away, as the shadow grabbed the candle, and slowly moved it towards his face, revealing a surprise.
It was a young man, about 23 or so. But the merchant could only tell from the piercing, blue eyes the thief obtained, for he had an assassin suit on, and a scarf hiding half of his face. He was wearing a hood over the mask, and had a dirty, black robe with a slit in the middle, to hide most of his simple assassin wear.

The thief blinked, and even that action made the merchant scared. He knew how quick assassins were to the blink of an eye. “Not enough gold..."The assassin murmured.
"What? “The merchant scratched his head, “I can't understand--"
"You heard me, old man,” The assassin dropped the candle and took out a short sword, curved and short to be a long dagger, “I need more gold...how am I supposed to hunt for more **** if I can't finance myself...ha-ha"
The merchant placed his hand over his bag, seeming to have some gold in it, “That’s all you need, and that's all I have,"
The assasin cocked one eyebrow,"Really?"
"Of course,"The porky stub replied,"And anyway, if your just going to hunt for ****, then your purpose here is useless.."

It was a brave response to tell a assasin.
Too brave.

"Very courageous for an old, fat like yourself,"The thief cut a small portion of the merchants neck, leaving a short cut, causing a drip of blood dropping the floor,"That is, if you were talking to a..I don't know..a foe of some sort..but my friend, you are talking to a assasin..and a pro at the most..so the choice you made just then..well"

The thief held his hand over the candle, turning off the portion of light that the merchant needed.

"was very idiotic..."

The merchant flew out of the shop, without his bags, running for his life towards his home,"Damn you thief!"

The shadow climbed up the house, pulling his hood up more, as it started to slide down. He then picked up the sign below him, for the shop, and backwards, carved a lions head over the "Teds Armor Fancy" text, laughing slightly, and placed it back on the two pins holding it up on top of the shop.

And in just a quick flash, a stone on his side glowed a erie blue, creating a swirl of lights swirving around the shadows body.

"Good as new.."The thief muttered, and put his sword back on his side, grinning with the act he had just done.

((So..what do you guys think?))

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: LHT:Chapter 1+

Quite a lengthy post, I'll be sure to read it sometime lol.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I like it...very nice :D

L

LionHeadTex

Haha, thanks Angel and Droded :lol:

More Chapters, hopefully, coming soon

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Nice work, LHT! +rep ;)

L

LionHeadTex

Chapter 2:
T
he Lost Storyteller, And The Revealing Riddle

"And every where he went, his symbol would reign on shops and shop keepers,” The old man explained to the filthy prisoners, grinning and rattling the cage with his cane.
"What a joke, a filthy myth about a non-existing character, it was rubbish to the start” Said one of the rat-like fools kept in the gutter cage.
The aging middle-man picked up his cane, and pointed it to the one who insulated his story, “Do you want to speak trash, or listen to more of the story?” He muttered, and then raising his cane down when the prisoner nodded. A long scar was revealed when his sleeve moved downward from the force of his thrust, making the prisoners weary, “Anyway, the thief went into the encampment, bearly strong enough to hold his enthusiasm---"

-----

The shadow darted across the swirling plains, picking up his dark painted, oak bow as he entered a enclosed area. The bow's paint started to fade off, and you could clearly notice some of the wood chips falling off, similar to the sign in front of him. The sign was texted with the words:

"BARLEYS CAMP GROUNDS FOR MISFITS AND MORTALS"

And on the bottom right, scattered 7 consecutive marks of a lions head, causing the thief to smile, looking as if he was about to pillage the area.

But this was his home.

Without any movements or misconceptions, the young man walked into the area, and sheathed his bow back on his spine. There were 5 bags attached to his large, silver buckle belt, signifying the gold coins and the blinding powder, even some arrow heads inside them. His hood and cloak were still ripped and dirty, and his assassin’s armor was just the same. What wasn't the same was his feet. All of the running he did his whole day started to cause his new boot to rip and reveal his cold, pale feet.
He passed an old man, with a puzzle-like contraption, moving it and folding it as it showed several messages on each square. The hags eyes bulged and darkened with red, apparently from his lack of sleep, and his ripped villager’s clothes were just as useless. And every day, constantly, he muttered the same words,

Every man must face the path
For discipline or for the rest
Which tiles are dark and darkness creeps
Where it ends, is not the best

Two stones, one bird
Three towers, and one garden
Which pillars, could not be hardened
So odd, I didn't mutter a word

The trap door starts at the endless keep
Which it's design is not just for show
Though the rest of my speech, I cannot preach
For past the door, I dare not go

The young mans piercing blue eyes gazed at the poet, as he continued to repeat the note over and over, day after day. And as the days passed, so did his life, the thief thought. But the shadow dared not to think of a useless thought such as that, and continued to walk down towards a burning red light. It's red light shimmered with fire sparks and sounds of laughter and beer bottles clambering.

"'Eye, thief is here!” One of the bruised up drunks said, and grabbed onto the mans cloak, drooling on his broken boots, but before he could insult the rogue with one of his old bar jokes, he was pushed right next to the large bonfire, where his finger slightly touched it's flaming exterior, “Blasted fire!” He grunted, and kicked the flame, just causing him to run towards the river as the lower part of his leg started to burst into flames. The other men laughed, and continued to sing a catchy, Irish tune:

Eye, oh
Time to go
Mummies dropped dead from working on the plough
I ran away, I never looked back
And my children forgot my name, stabbed me in the back

But Eye oh,
If I didn't go....
I'd be back at the pub and just get me some more rum!

The song was irritatingly messy and pointless, but it made the low lives happy for the night. During the drunks sung some tunes, the thief walked towards a fifty-looking dealer who was counting most of his gold coins, lying on a broken circle-shaped table. His beard was growing by the day, and so was his money.

"Ah, I see you've brought me the goods, boy?” He sniffed, and signaled his assistant next to him to walk around the thief, to see if he had anything he didn't need, "'Eys all good sir, yer can continue, sir" The frail suck up muttered, and jumped back onto the top of a large shelf to play some cards.

"Lots and lots of pounds in this bag, enough to outmatch an overgrown chicken!” This response made the thief smile inside, but his glad thought didn't confuse him of his deal. He held out his hand, waiting for his fare share.

"Give me the fourths, Barley, “The thief muttered, and moved his head forward, looking as if he was impatiently waiting for a reward. The merchant was surprised at the young mans dignity, seeing as how the nice, but greedy man had hundreds of drunks and spies camped near him.

As the skies started to turn orange, signifying morning, the trader sighed,” I see your comfort level here has increased.." Said the old, financial mastermind, “Ever since you were in your little patched pjs, you wanted some fare share...fine, 50 coins---"
"75!"The thief demanded, and thrusted his arms on the table with full force, causing some of the gold coins to fall down towards the charred, grassy ground. He then tilted his body towards the trader, face to face, with his eagle eyes trying to intimidate the leader, “Or I will show your head to the gutter rats of bowerstone, aye?"

"Aye..."Barley muttered, and put the reward in a patched, brown bag the thief tied to his belt. His nervousness only impressed the thief, showing that his intimidation actually worked on even the highest class of gamblers.

And as the sun started to show, the thief went into his tent, whistling the tune the drunk and now asleep men by the burning bonfire. A muscular man poured some oil on the large fire, to burn it out in mere seconds, and dropped the bucket on a rum-gauged fool.

It was just another day at Barleys camp grounds, and another mission for the thief to pursue.

Little did the thief know, his true mission was about to arise, just as soon as the sun appeared that winter day.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I didn't have chance to read all of Chapter 2, but what I saw already looks good so far, LHT! +reppage

L

LionHeadTex

Sorry for the double post, just making an update :ninja:

Alright guys, I have now posted chapter 2 of this series, it takes me awhile to make new chapters due to my busy shedule :lol:

Hope you like the second installment of this (hopefully) good fan fiction :cool:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sorry, just managed to read it - I like this. Descriptive yet not so much that it gets tedious and I really want to read the rest...+rep to you :D

L

LionHeadTex

Angel;64738 said:
Sorry, just managed to read it - I like this. Descriptive yet not so much that it gets tedious and I really want to read the rest...+rep to you :D
Thanks, I don't know whyanyone else is commenting, I'm not going to make another chapter if I don't get enough support

L

LionHeadTex

Finally, i'm back. Couldn't last long in those Anime forums ;)

Read the last chapters to catch up on the story-

Chapter 3:You Can't Catch a Thief With His Cover

The Lion's Head Inn did not sleep well that cold night. For another prescience remained within the shadow. But this reality did not harm the thief, for the skilled marksman was fast asleep. Through his slumber, the outer world could not take away his dreams.

Or his nightmares.

White horses, as light as morning chapel, galloped towards the populated inn. Their black manes nearly blinded the sun, for they were very large. But the horses did not bear a scare, compared to their riders. They were Watchers. Every single one of them, disguised in silver plating. The way they received this knight-like armor is unknown, but the blood stains on their chest plating told enough. These were skilled killers, blessed by the night with blood and gold. What they were doing in a bandit camp, uncertain.

They silently crawled in, one by one. Then, the scattering began. But before the plan was drawn out, one of the assassins muttered, “Let the 'Purification' begin!". They were like rats, killing every single bandit at the inn by blade. It was slaughter, and the mercenaries enjoyed the new smell of death. But this was just the beginning. their target was still in the midst of the inn.

The dark riders found their last target. And after the blade strikes the victim, the one who was killed was revealed the uncovering of the blanket.

It was barley.

One of the killers dozed off into the owner’s room. It clearly was empty, so the murderer sat down on the owner’s chair. It was quite comfortable, feathered seating and cushioned back protection. the blades man acted as if he were the owner, boasting: "Hello, welcome to the inn. Yes, I run this place. Do you want a beer? Yes, the rooms are 10 gold a night" Then the mercenary stood up, acting as if a thief went into the lodge, “Get back, scum! You do not belong in this peaceful place! When I pierce your heart, tell the dark lord that I said...hello!"

Suddenly, shadow aroused in back of the mercenary. Suddenly, the bragging villain brewed a cold sweat. It was the sense of danger. Then, two blue eyes shined in the darkness, behind the killer. A gushing sound filled the room, and blood started to spray on the ground.

It happened in a few seconds, for the mercenary was now on the ground, and the assassin we all know and love, was standing beside him and muttered, “You can tell him that yourself"

But now wasn't the time to act playful, for the rest of the squad were charging through at the door, hearing the stab. The door was locked, but threats still came to pass. One said, “Open the door, Jacob!”, another shouted, “Who’s in there?"

The door was knocked over, and the guards charged in with bloody style. They were ready to eliminate the murderer of Jacob. Instead, Jacob was standing right there. In his plating, still with his sword and bow, "Ah, there you are friend” One said, and patted him on the back, "What took you so long?"

And as the group walked out, Jacob answered. His voice was hoarse, acting like he tried to have a deep voice, "Just feeling the midnight breeze on the balcony"

The door closed in the owners room. But there was something strange, Jacob had brown eyes, but this mercenary had blue eyes. And hanging on the door, lay a corpse, stringed to a hard rope.

"Jacob" was the first to go on his horse, and he was quite proud. One was suspicious, "Hey mate, why would a blood-thirsty killer like you be smiling? “The leader of the pack queried.

The suited man replied, "Like I said, feeling the midnight breeze, my friend"

They continued to ride, and it seemed Jacob was wearing something under the plating. He also had two extra short swords, and had messier hair under his helmet. But this did not worry "Jacob". He just continued to ride out of the camp and muttered, "Feeling the midnight breeze"

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, it's only going to get better from now on :cool:

Please comment on this, I accept any point of view!:ninja:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Tex!!! Where have you been!?!

Nice chapter by the way^_^

L

LionHeadTex

droded;95376 said:
Tex!!! Where have you been!?!

Nice chapter by the way^_^
Thanks mate! Well, to tell you the truth...i'm very addicted to the halo 3 beta. I also traveled up to Ireland to go to go meet my granny :D But, I can't forget about you guys. It's swell to be back, it's been awhile.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Glad to have you back! +Rep for your story...

L

LionHeadTex

Thanks again for the rep, any other comments maybe?:ninja:I think I can see one..

wait, that's just another thread :D

B

blu phoenix

Incredible! Very nice indeed! + Rep!

L

LionHeadTex

Thanks mate, glad to see another positive comment :lol:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium