• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LHT:Chapter 1+

L

LionHeadTex

Re: LHT:Chapter 1+

droded;95963 said:
Haha well if my comment was positive, then it HAS to be good ^_^
:lol: I hope more people read it, give it a chance maybe? Well mate, i'm thinking of making the next chapter. You know how it is, just got out of highschool. Taking a breather from all those exams :wacko:

L

LionHeadTex

PREVIEW FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER:

The dark riders progressed into the green plains past bowerstone. It was vast, lush, but corrputed in a hidden scource. There was evil lurking in these parts. Darkness, within beauty. Krakens, goblins, hobbes. It all nested there as a feeding bag. The Assassin knew this, and gripped it well to his knowledge of the forests.

The horsemen stopped at a abandoned camp for resting. It was a suitable fitting, for a sacred area as the forests of bowerstone. At this time, the wild riders had already set camp for the night..caught some wild boar..and brewed up some nice ale, then the fire,"Ale always comes first"One cheered, drunk as can be. Another accidently spilled some on his leggings, but just laughed.

But a conversation was about to plunge into the Assassin's heart."That Barley, the leader of the camp..made him squeeeel like a rat eh?"One prized. the disguised Assassin widened his eyes,"Barley? I've heard of him..."

"You better, Jacob..you killed him!"The leader gruntled. The Assassin looked down on the ground, his helmet gleaming in the moonlight. ven though he was not the real bearer of Barley's death, he was wearing the equipment that was used to slay him. It was dis-honor in his part, but he had to stay hidden under the disguise.

The rest of the kin went to sleep, and the Assassin went as well into his tent. He looked at the candle light, and placed his hand over the burnt wax to let the fire be set free.

But something else was being set loose in the wild. Something out of comprehension.

The story told panned back tothe storyteller in the dungeon,"Minotaurs"

B

blu phoenix

Wow, can't wait to read more. Incredibly descriptive and a great piece!

L

LionHeadTex

Previously on..this fan fiction :lol:
The dark riders progressed into the green plains past bowerstone. It was vast, lush, but corrputed in a hidden scource. There was evil lurking in these parts. Darkness, within beauty. Krakens, goblins, hobbes. It all nested there as a feeding bag. The Assassin knew this, and gripped it well to his knowledge of the forests.

The horsemen stopped at a abandoned camp for resting. It was a suitable fitting, for a sacred area as the forests of bowerstone. At this time, the wild riders had already set camp for the night..caught some wild boar..and brewed up some nice ale, then the fire,"Ale always comes first"One cheered, drunk as can be. Another accidently spilled some on his leggings, but just laughed.

But a conversation was about to plunge into the Assassin's heart."That Barley, the leader of the camp..made him squeeeel like a rat eh?"One prized. the disguised Assassin widened his eyes,"Barley? I've heard of him..."

"You better, Jacob..you killed him!"The leader gruntled. The Assassin looked down on the ground, his helmet gleaming in the moonlight. ven though he was not the real bearer of Barley's death, he was wearing the equipment that was used to slay him. It was dis-honor in his part, but he had to stay hidden under the disguise.

The rest of the kin went to sleep, and the Assassin went as well into his tent. He looked at the candle light, and placed his hand over the burnt wax to let the fire be set free.

But something else was being set loose in the wild. Something out of comprehension.

The story told panned back tothe storyteller in the dungeon,"Minotaurs"

Chapter 4:The Horn of Ghara-Dune

They lurked around the camp site like rats. Their hooves and giant nostrils caused great horros inthe forest. But for miles away, one could only care about on thing concerning the creature. It's horns. they cause fear on enemies, scarrying them away. It was the first preparation theseskillful monsters possessed.Though as monstrous as they were, they were still animals. And they still had basic instinct.

"This is rediculous!...I haven't eaten for 4 bloody days!"One of them grunted, shivering from the cold. "Bauros! Find some meat"

The minotaur, as hateful as he was, strangely picked up a pipe from the ground,"What's this?"He questioned, noticing thesmoke rising from the end of the pipe.

"It's mortal entertainment, nothing to suit a pee brain like you, Bauros"The chieftain angrily said, looking at the bags,"Nothing useful"He murmered under his breath. He cried out a loud, blood-thirsty roar at Bauros,"What in the world are you doing kinsman!"

Bauros was happily sitting on a boulder, smoking the pipe,"Ah ha! What a invention eh?"He passed the pipe to another Minotaur,"Good?"
he one that recieved the pipe smiled, and laughed.

Meanwhile, someone else was having a bit confusion. The disguised Assassin was ready to leave. He took off his steel plating, revealing his usual clothing. Quickly, he covered his body with the dark brown cloak, raising the hood over his head.

His bruised hands were looking around for his knife, but it was nowhereto be found. Instead, while he searched, he found a tome. It was very old, scratched and cut up. But it might be useful, he thought. So he revealed the periodical, without knowing what was outside.

"Eh!Didn't I tell you to find some meat?"The chieftan gruntled, and pushed Bauros. The lone Minotaur nodded with the pride he had left, and looked at the tents around them. The chieftan had a cold-hearted grin on his face.

There was a prescence in the tome. Something very light, yet usefully stable. the assassin flipped the pages, and found something out of expection. A crystal. And it was in perfect condition, compared to the book,"I must read this later..for now, I must leave"

The thief found a hole in his tent, followed by a creature going through it.Only a year old or so. But the assassin found another use for it.

The Minotaurs came to the point where they were gasping for meat,"Bauros! Find anything?"One shouted. Bauros shaked his head from far away, and picked up a twig...which he thought at first was a black rabbit,"Darn!"

Suddenly, a white furball popped out of the resting place. it was the rabbit, and it was completely fixed on the chieftan, scared to death. The minotaurs grinned, this time the whole pack. Bauros shouted formthe distance,"Hey! What do you see over there?"

The chieftan was the first to chase after it, running up the hills in circle. The rabbit was very fast. With desperation and anxiety, the chieftan hit a tree, face flat on the front side. it was a strog oak, and kept the right horn of the chieftan with it,"My horn! My precious horn!"

The creature glared at the rabbit,"YOU"

The assassin ran up the steeping hills, the tome strapped to his belt, and quickly grabbed the horn from the tree,"The horn of Ghara-Dune...I might find this useful"He thought, and proceeded up the hills. Little did he know, over the hills, laid a cold, barren wasteland, The Mountains of Talons End. Every step you would take,would be deadly.

(Sorry for any spelling errors, just a bit busy at the moment)

L

LionHeadTex

Thanks bro, glad to have some new fans :lol:

S

soul_rever38

its very nice work, i think + rep is in order

L

LionHeadTex

Chapter 5-Small Boy

The world is corrupt on both sides. There is no good and evil, rather two forces wasting lives. Bowerstone was just the same. It was a dark place, covered by light curtain. Evil existed there that was unknown to the outside world. A conspiracy lay in the hands of two overlords. Nothing was safe. Nothing was ready for what was about to come.

And inside the castle walls, nothing was alive.

Except one. In the inner dungeons of the castle, a meeting was held. Jaroc Tharn and Alsea Silverthorne interrogated a local spy around town. But this was not a normal spy. It was a child, only 6 or 7 years old. And he was very unhealthy, with dirt stains peddled on his body, and ragged leather clothing hiding the scars.

"Look at me...look at me! “The powerful man raged at the toddler, gripping his fists to prevent them from causing harm, “Do you see what I see. Or are you just one like everyone else?"

"He's blind.” The skinny, frail woman beside him commented, sitting down in the shadows on a unpleasant throne. Jaroc stood there for a few seconds, but became too enraged. He roared with fury, and pulled the chair the boy was sitting on. Alas, the spy fell to the ground, but did not cry. "You serve me!" The countess roared, "He is only a blind loss, nothing else"

The boy leaned back on the stone wall, grasping the bricks. He felt his face, noticing blood dripping from his ear, "I can see even though my appearance deceives you.." He muttered under his breath.

"What...” Tharn questioned, losing his anger, "You foolish puppet, if you cannot witness the countess beauty, why would you be able to see anything else?"
"I do not accept your offering of appreciation.” The countess thought, but continued to listen to the conversation.

The boy was not hasty, and progressed, "The countess does not possess beauty...she desires power...even though she has enough..." Jaric seemed to want to listen more, secretly, but looked as if he was very disturbed. "She desires more than power...she wants something else" The boy explained.

The countess tapped her fingers on the arm rest consistently, but was through, "You plague my castle with lies, small boy"

"It has been long since this castle has been plagued...but I am not the disease..."The small boy exclaimed without fear, "You are the crow that stalks on its prey, I am just the jester that reveals the truth in these lands"

"Take him away, dispose of him now!” The countess scornfully shouted, and loosened her grip of the necklace she carried. Though as clear as the accessory was, it lacked its crystal. The socket was just empty, awaiting its owner.

The boy did not struggle to break free, he even allowed his feet to scrape the sharp cobblestone path below, "You will be struck by Avo's blade on the moment of your victory"

The countess grinned, "Hodge-podge..."But her satisfaction was soon to end. For when she looked at her necklace, the stone was gone. She could only cause a deep gasp heard through the city.

------------------------------------------

It was unbearably cold, and the Assassin was worn out through the middle of the trek. It was just a naturally terrible place. Though, not natural in its conditions. The thief opened up his book under a rocky wall. The chosen location was somewhat safe, for it was below the summit and facing the right path. The first entry was simplistic, yet equally informative. The traveling outcast read as he progressed through the pass.

"I have stayed in these mountains much too long. Once peaceful and flourished with green, it is now a wasteland of the ancients. A domain of what was the upper hand of Avo."

He could not read any more, for the loner arrived back to where he started. Though this affliction perceived him as something important, he read on:

"I'm going in circles, Alice. There is no way in these lands for common sense of direction. I'm lost. But there is one way for which I can take. One route."

The lost thief arrived at a very mysterious place. The location consisted of fine black stonework, lined with ancient markings and designs. The pillars leveled the passage under the mountain, keeping it from collapsing. On the top of the large door, carved a serpent with two black eyes made of old marble. This was no gutter mine, thief thought. It was something else.

"It is a realm. The Realm of Talonforth Delroth of the First Age. A wizard he once was, yes. But after perceiving the power of necromancy, he became something else. Power corrupted him, hate defied him. All was against him. Until the day he crafted his realm. As I enter, I can feel the piercing air above me. It is said to be his soul creeping the 'visitors' that enter."

Thief took a step in, and glanced at the stonework in front of him. It was something only the Men of the Old could describe. It was a deep statue, taller than the rarest giant. The statue was very appealing to those who accepted its beauty. It was a woman, her right leg standing on a skull, and her arm holding a dark rose. She was beautiful, and deceiving at the same time.

"It was Talon's love, Aloren. She was but a mermaid of the domain, struct with magical power. But it was an affair that did not last. Aloren left Talon to die in the pass, and become something he wasn't meant to be.

A monster...and during the change, he became more greedy and obsessed with hate. His mind only looked at blood, rather than love.

He forgot about Aloren, and made something else. He became the father of the ancient monster that lived within the walls. It was a terrible creature, that had too much to die for...and less to live for. But Talon took him as a child, and made him more powerful than any other creature at that age.

When his master died, the monster remained immortal. He took no age; he left no lives that came in. The Realm of Talonforth Delroth now possessed a different name."

The ground began to shake as the thief read, which made him off guard. Cracks began to appear on the ground, shining spare red lights. The gate to the domain slowly began to close as the room altered. Thief started to run towards the door, but knew he couldn't make it. Desperately, he threw a dagger at the gate to prevent it from closing, but the weapon only split in half from the sheer force of the gate.

The assassin gripped his two hands on the gate, pulling it back as hard as he could. But it was no use. His strength was wasted, and he was caged in. And when the last light of the room flickered out, Thief sat down against the gate, and began to weep. There was only a bit of light that the gate had. Though so hopeless, he read the last part of the entry.

And as he opened the tome, a shift began again. A green light shined against the rogue, causing a great up roar. The markings on the side of the statue began to appear again, and a crackling roar was heard across the room.

The monument began to magically deform, and reform into a different shape. The change was magnificent, for such a dark place. There was now a different figure at the location of the statue.

For the statue was now someone else. The figure was of a man in a dark robe, with a long sword stabbed on the side on the ground, causing red cracks on the marble surface. The face of the statue was of a old man, with a long sharp beard that ended at his knees. But the expression was not to be ignored. The man's eyes looked straight at the gate, which reflected the green light that the markings consisted on the door.

The assassin barely fell to the ground from the loud roar of the process. And then, after the terrible process, lights became clear again. In the shape of a serpent, the large fire columns shone through the room. These were not here before, the thief thought.

But that was not the end of the terror. The statue opened its mouth. And said very slowly,the statue exclaimed

"Who enters...my domain!"

The carving of the serpent on the outside of the gate changed its eyes from black, to light green. Something was happening here that was not human.

Red cracks appeared more and more on the ground and it became apparent that these were not just red cracks on a flat surface.

It was molten lava. Ash began to rise, and the thief became weary. He read the last words of the entry,

"It is a tomb"

The statue repeated itself with a elderly roar "Who enters...my domain!"

------------------------------------

"The end of the 5th age is about to begin" The blind boy muttered, sitting inthe corner of the cage.

End of Chapter 5

Sorry if I didn't get you guys pumped up before. I hope the story is gettingmore exciting :lol:

Edit:This has ALOT of errors. I can't even count how much, Just bear with me at the moment XD

B

blu phoenix

And you tell me you don't put a lot of thought into your story! Absolutely awesome! Keeps getting better, very nice job and + rep!

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Very good. I almost forgot how good you were at this ;)

R

Rhadiel

wow....LionHead....nice work...plus rep mate:D

L

LionHeadTex

Thanks guys :lol:

I just edited some of the gramatical and punctuation errors, sorry about that.

Haha, thanks blue pheonix. Actually, at one point I thought I didn't put that much into the story, glad to hear otherwise

L

LionHeadTex

Previously:

"The end of the 5th age is about to begin" The blind boy muttered, sitting in the corner of the cage.

------

But that was not the end of the terror. The statue opened its mouth. And said very slowly, the statue exclaimed

"Who enters...my domain!"

------
[FONT=&quot]

Chapter 6- Targoth, the Servant of Delroth

[/FONT]

"The statue was not in the mood for consolation. It was crafted by demons themselves to serve as one purpose. He was the keeper of the passage to the distant lands."

The thief took a step back from the breathing monument. It was not everyday that a rogue such as he could witness a magnificent force like the Tomb of Delroth. But the fact that it was speaking to him was out of this world. He had not seen magic such as this.

"I have no name" The thief strictly said, keeping his balance from the constant quakes. But the statue did not accept this answer, "No name...then why would you be going through my tomb mortal?"

The statue stepped out of his large throne, causing crumbles and shake around the room. It seemed the statue was for many long years trapped on the throne, hidden from the public eye. But today, it was to reborn once again.

"To trek through the pass that you guard" The thief answered, and took another step back.

The statue laughed manically, hid beard slowly chipping off as he chuckled, "It would not be wise for a mortal to go through the pass" Delroth took an ancient arrow off of his leg, which did not need to be explained. It wouldn't take a prophet to figure out why the statue was breaking apart.

"I am getting very tired..." The statue yawned, causing the smoke and ash from is mouth to blow towards the thief, "My age is deceiving me, for my stonework is slowly breaking away..."

Delroth began to walk back to his throne, leaving the traveler out of hope. "Then why do you ignore my right of passage?" The rogue replied, almost falling from the large shake of the ground. His balance was not to be noticed, for the statue was too fixated on the reality.

"I do not doubt your skill, mortal" The statue stayed in place, and grabbed the large sword that was clutched on the ground. Delroth became depressed looking at the stone blade; it gave him a scarce memory of his past, "For I was once one like you..."

The thief could not understand what the statue was trying to tell him, but he continued to listen.

"Unknowing of what was to come; my opinion of this measly world led me to destruction. Destiny tricked me. I became the monster I was trying to tame"

The weary thief let go of his blade he was clutching, for now he trusted the ancient, "You were in love"

Delroth gripped his long sword, and grunted with anger. But realizing his true destiny he loosened himself, "I loved Aloren...she was as beautiful as the skies themselves...I loved her"

The ancient shook his head, "No. It was her fault I am here…it was love that led me here…to this stone prison!"

The assassin could only ensure, "It was not love that brought you here…you did that yourself"
The statue of Delroth continued to walk to his throne, only more depressed than he was. But the thief did not give upon this trapped soul, "Talonforth of The First Age" The tall figure of stonework stopped once again, but rose his knees from the molten ground, "Delroth…that was my name..."

The Tomb of Delroth continued to shake, and the statue began to move. The thief believed it was all over, and that he failed to pass through the ancient tomb.

Maybe he would fail, but not at this demonic site. For Delroth had other plans for this mortal, “You have earned my trust, man with no name. You may now enter the pass"

And with that, the titanic statue swung his sword on the gate behind him, using all his might and power to approve passage through the pathway. The large gate slowly opened from the critical hit, making the ground shake more than ever.

"I am no more of use to you, one who has no name" Delroth sat back on his throne, and yawned loudly, "I must now rest, until my time is needed once again. This age or the next"

The thief ran for the gate, not even thanking the ancient monument. But Delroth knew of his appreciation, he could see it in his eyes. Moreover, the gate began to close once again. And since the entrance was very far away, the thief believed he couldn't make the way in. But he kept going. And with his believability and hope, he desperately slid onto the ground, going through the small crack of the two doors of what was left of the gates opening.

After the iconic collapse, the burglar heard a pounding push in the room behind him. And that's when he realized, the tomb shifted back to its present disguise. Then and after, he began to understand the ancient realm of Delroth.

But this was no time for assurance, for when he laid eyes on the area around him he became more worried than he was ever before. The large landscape was pooled with lava, and was a ruin of weakened stone bridges and pillars. This was no place to rest. But more of a place not to travel through.

Its waves of molten rock and earth quakes shook the inner soul of the thief, and taking his viewpoint of what was impossible to a whole new level. This was the realm of the ancients, and seemed to be hell itself.

He strongly continued on, dodging massive amounts of ash and fire bursting around him.
And as he sprinted through the large bridge, he felt an iconic shift of the landmark. The bridge was collapsing.

Then, a giant geyser exploded from the pool of plasma, and the lava over it began to sink down the hole. Something ancient was coming from that nest, something old yet just as powerful. Poison sparked form the gaping tunnel, followed by crackling sounds of hissing and terrible screeching.

But what was coming down from the tunnel was beyond comprehension. The Servant of Delroth had awake from its eternal slumber.

Suddenly, a giant serpent rose from the lava, its fangs headed straight for the thief. It was a terrible creature, served by Delroth to do its finest bidding: destroy any who enter. Its digestive tract was waiting for its meal, and it was ready to pounce on its target. It deceives its opponent, by slithering through out the walls, casting illusions on its prey. It did the same towards the thief.

Quickly the assassin grabbed his knife, and threw it at the slithery serpents’ eye. But that did not stop the monster at all. The sheer heat from the monsters body melted the weapon. In the end, the desperate attempt was just a pinch on the creature. Maybe even less.

The snake was coming closer, creeping over the bridge. The traveler was not ready to partake in such an iconic duel, for he had somewhere else to go to. He was nohunter, but who could hunt such a monster.

He had no choice but to pull out his bow. Hastily, he shot several arrows at its head, looking as if he made a critical hit. But the monstrous animal was just paralyzed for a mere 3 seconds before he progressed over the bridge. This is when the thief realized, this creature was no normal animal.

It was reborn, and more powerful than natural assets of a serpent. For this creature was a servant of Delroth himself. An enemy to the gods themselves, able to swallow several giants with one opening of the jaw.

“Targoth, Serpent of the Tomb of Delroth.”

The thief quickly drew out his short sword, watching the serpent come closer. And when the serpent opened its mouth, poison sprayed out. The thief covered his front side with his cloak, noticing the poison eating the cloth. He was no match for this animal, even at long range. It was the creature born straight from hell itself.

One fatal stab hit the serpent, and the thief held onto the blade. He pushed the blade lower and lower into the skull of the snake, gritting his teeth. Then, the blade started to melt from the skull, and burn the thief’s hand.

The assassin shouted in pain, and was knocked to the ground by the tail of the snake pounding his ribs. Suddenly, the snake flew off of the bridge. But this was not unusual, because when the thief limped over to the edge, he saw that the bridge began to break in half. He began to run up the top, desperately gripping the edge.

Lava swallowed it whole, digesting the stone work into mere ash. The ancient ruin was about to be eaten by mere plasma.

It was too late for the traveler. The passage was now blocked by terror and grief, and now his only route was going into history itself. And with a loud roar of frustration, he climbed up the bridge. He knew he wouldn't make it, he thought he would die slowly by the terrible death below him. The luck he once had was lost.

The bridge continued to seep downwards into the pool, and the thief desperately held onto the top. His fingers started to bleed from the sheer grip of the stonework, and things started to blacken. His eyesight became vague, and his conscience began to melt inside of him.

Bursts of fire and molten lava were waiting for him at the bottom. Life began to slowly fade away. And the idea that you see your whole life before you die was not true for him. For he struggled to stay alive, he wanted to avoid the obscurity of death.

But something happened. Light, as clear as a morning day in Bowerstone cracked from the ceiling, blinding the thief. The head of a child rose from the top of the broken bridge, and its full form appeared.

The child was blind, and looked beaten. Though his appearance had a past of darkness, his intentions were of the work of Avo himself. The assassin grunted in pain, somewhat scared of the child. The lights dimmed down, and the child began to speak.

“Do not be afraid, for your journey does not end here”

He slowly took off his blindfold, and revealed his sockets without any eyes. The assassin couldn’t shriek from the surprise, for his voice was almost completely gone. But then, hope began to come back to the burglar. The child reached his hand towards the bloody knuckles of the assassin.

Thief desperately clutched the boy’s hand, grunting from the pain of the force. Light came back to the thief. And when the palms met, the boy’s once empty eye sockets shone with a bright blue lights.

The bridge continued to sink, ash and fire proceeded to fear. But at that moment, the heavenly boy told the young man something, without even moving his mouth.

”Avo will not let you descend into darkness”

The thief heard the sounds of the serpent coming from the volcanic grave, and drew out his other blade. The child knew this, and grabbed the arm of the thief that was holding the weapon.

The serpent slithered up the vertical bridge, opening his mouth at the thief. The mouth itself was so large…the thief could not see anything else behind the monster. The child looked at the assassin, and nodded, exclaiming, “Let my push of faith serve as your last blow”

It was a moment to be recorded in for the ages. The arm of the thief quickly stabbed the inner mouth of the serpent. And before the serpent went to its dark grave, the thief muttered, “Go back to your master!”

The serpent desperately tried to grasp the stonework, but failed. And slowly, the doomed creature fell into the molten lava, never to witness life again.

The thief panted, and noticed what was to come. He was about to descend into the pool of the passage, without any strength to resist. The child had disappeared, and could not assist him any more. He had to leave this hellish place by himself. Though not a test of strength, this seemed to be a test of hope.

The lone inhabitant could hardly move, but he decided what he needed to do
He began to push himself up the bridge. Though shouting with pain and agony, he stood on top of the bridge, balancing himself as it continued to sink. The other side was just a three feet away from him. The damaged man needed to decide: would he die instantly, or would he make one last stand? He chose the second one.

In a desperate leap over ash and fire, he gripped his two hands on the edge of the other side. Rocks began to crumble next to him, but he still pushed himself up. The bloody hands he used to do this seemed to be literally broken. He sweated severely from the heat, and could only inhale ash.

Limping out of the passage, he reached the outside. The snowy border was enough for him to pass out on. And lying down on the ground, he slowly closed his eyes. For the day was now over, and a new age was about to begin. Ash was now snow, stone was now ice. The hell of the Realm of the Ancients was now past…but he would be scarred from it for the rest of his life.

(If this had any errors with punctiation or spelling, i'm very sorry. This chapter just took alot of thought out of me :lol:)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Great. +Rep

B

blu phoenix

:O:O...I'm just speechless! Can't wait to hear more of this! + Rep, big time!;)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Oops sorry forgot to rep you...>.<

B

blu phoenix

You are now a writing inspiration, especially for me. Just read it again! Here have some more rep.;)