• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LHT:Chapter 1+

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: LHT:Chapter 1+

Well he is THE LionHeadTex!;)

L

LionHeadTex

Eh, i'm just me. Just another user on here going where the wind goes, I guess. Not even in college yet and i'm getting some good rep...never expected that.

Man...I would kill for some pasta...:lol:

Oh yea, Chapter 7 is on its way.

L

LionHeadTex

For those of you who are just tuning in on the fan fiction, I’ll give you a short summary of what is happening so far:(Mind the spelling errors, I’m doing this pretty fast)

This is the hard life for the hard people. The gritty, urban ones. The assassins. Once a wealthy population, they slowly faded away from the power of the Vanguard, an elite force in Bowerstone. Spreading through the flourished world, the Vanguard were determines to destroy all who opposed the laws they established. But that did not stop the remainder of the Thieves, who were forced to split apart from each other, now breaking the bonds they once had. But there is one assassin whois willing to tie that bond together again.(This was not included in the story, but that's the back-story so far)

The assassin, also known as Thief, has traveled to many places. He settles in the homeless camp, to the great forests of Bowerstone. Encountered by ruthless bandits, Thief had to leave his true home, and disguise as one of the murderers. During the journey, at a camp ground, the group of bandits were ambushed by blood-thirsty Minotaurs. The thief had no choice but to flee from the monsters, and go towards the mountains.

Meanwhile, a conspiracy was forged in Bowerstone. Alsea Silverthorne and Jaroc Tharn imprisoned a youth spy, and interrogated him for dire information. What they received, was only riddles. Alsea banished the blind boy, but discovered something else. Her Great Stone she had once on her amulet was missing.

Before, the assassin noticed a book at the campsite. This was a great atlas, with much information about the world. Not only that, but had a large stone that seemed to be very important. Could this be connected with Alsea's amulet? Only time will tell.

Consulted by Talonforth Delroth, Thief had to trek through the terrible pass of the Realm of the Ancients. It took time, but the thief persuaded Delroth to open the gates to the pass. The ancient statue of Delroth had gone back to his throne, awaiting his next ideal.

Battling the Servant of Delroth, Thief encountered a blind boy, who helped him defeat the monster and escape the evil ruins of the realm. Haven't we seen this blind boy before? Who is he, and why did he help a mere assassin?

These questions will be answered, but you have to read the story :lol:(I suggest you ready the last 6 chapters...there fairly short, and there's always time to catch up. Also, I left ALOT out of the summary. )

Alright, now to
[FONT=&quot]Chapter 7-Tempestrial, The Ice Settlement, and the Sea Maiden

[/FONT]
The cold, shivering snow did not pierce his skin any longer. For now, he was in peace. Seemingly in heaven, he woke up on a feathered bed. The blankets were thick and furry, and the woodwork around him was carved in snowbound designs. This was no ordinary settlement. This was a sanctuary.

He could hear chiming outside, the voice that angels could applaud to. Shining blue lights sparked around him. His eyes opened. The chiming faded away. The thief saw only what Gods can explain.

Slipping out of the bed, the young traveler discovered what he was wearing. It was his white boxers. Embarrassed at first, several students walked pas the window giggling at the sight. The thief did not see them, so he looked to the opposite of him, “Who’s there...show yourself!" But his desperation was of no use. Nevertheless, he grabbed the surgeon knife on the side of his bed. Walking towards the door, he stationed himself for combat, "What forces lay beyond this door?"

Quickly pushing the door open, he weary assassin raised him arm up, prepared to swing the knife. The darkness in front of him was too much for him to witness, it was a hallway blind to a mortal like him. Then, he saw a light figure slowly walk towards the door. Thief was not fooled by illusions, for even the lightest people can have dark intentions, "What forces lay beyond this door!" He asked again, and strike the light figure.

His arm was quickly caught, and peacefully pushed downward. As the figure appeared, he proudly ensured, "Friends..."

It was a man, covered with fur clothing. He had tan skin, and possessed a white staff on his spine. His eye color was white as snow. His hair was dark cyan, flowing down to his knees. But most of all, he had an aura of heavenly prescience.

---------------

Alsea awoke from her sinister slumber, and touched her amulet. She ensured herself that the stone was still there, but the imagination soon worn off. She felt the socket of the stone, and a tear broke from her eye, "Where is the power that I once possessed..."

Jaric walked into the room, and gave her a cup of wine. Holding it next to her amulet, she stirred the grape mixture. Her eyes were as cold as ever, so she grinned, "Bring me the child"

The blind boy was kicked into the room, tasting the sheeted ground underneath him. Feeling the countess's bare feet, he silently gasped, "You are still of use to me, Small Boy" Her sharp fingernails rested on the child’s head. The young seer only stared at the ground, ignoring the countess. Though she strived for anger, the powerful woman only chuckled. Ceasing the laughter, the countess raised the boys chin up with her right hand, "You know of something that I want"

She placed the boys hand on her amulet, with gentle impatience. The boy nodded, and released his hand from the amulet. As polite as she was at the moment, the maniacal woman forced the boys chin up, and looked at him eye to eye, "You will bring it to me!"

The blind seer spat on the lady's slippers, "I would rather taste sewer rat"

The countess widened her eyes, and slapped the boy on the cheek. Fall down from the critical hit, the young spy stayed on the ground, clutching the rug.

-----------

"You were found in the ice...one of our harvesters found your body in a dune" The wizard explained. The thief began to remember.

His lips were as cold as snow, and blue like the sky. Frozen ice covered his body, unable to peel or break. It was a cold, shivering prison. Thief, who seemed to be nealy dead, was blanketed with layers of snow. But as his eyes closed he saw a hole of light come from the top of the pile.

He was carried to the village by the old harvester, and peacefully placed on the bed back in the village.

The assassin was now sitting on a chair, weary the clothing similar to the mage, eating plentiful amounts of boar meat and wine. Hearing the end of the mage's story, he stopped eating, "Why did you save me...of all people?"

The wizard only smiled, "Ask our gardener"

The old woman was checking an ice bloom plant, but chuckled slightly, "He was most cold, the young one" The elder grinned, "He traveled through the pass, yes. He was most damaged"

The mage nodded, and placed his cup of wine down. "But to leave here...you must do one thing" Thief listened, eating his chicken. As ignorant as he was to the magician, his attention came back to him. The wizard exclaimed, "Consult the Sea Maiden"

Weary, the assassin dropped his chicken leg, "I'm sorry, what?"

---

Arriving at a waterfall, the mage patted the thief on the back, "This is as far as I go...she is waiting for you" He pulled up his hood, "Do not fear her, she can be very emotional" And with that, the old elder went back on his frost wolf, towards the city.

A spiral path went through the side of the waterfall, elevating fromt he ground. The thief had no choice but to follow it, and not to fall down. The cold sweat dropped down his light tan skin, for he heard a voice. It was a young woman, singing in the distance. Her chime was the same that he heard when he was asleep. The ancient elfish language sh sung with translated to,

Awake from your slumber
For life shall grow
Do not fear the mother
For she will bestow
Your eternal life, power beyond grace
But how could power
Save this dying race

Where is my king
Is he still smart
Though he had greed
I believe he had heart

Love is nothing
Without the great bond
For when the bond splits
I will be gone

(The lyrics translated did not make much sense to the locals, and no connecion existed between the maiden.)

The cave was filled with blue markings. One was a throne, the other was a mermaid. The thief followed the tale shown on the wall, and saw that it ended with a skull on the ground, and a man holding it in the air.

Something was hiding in the walls across the visitor, and the thief knew this. Voices traveled around him, terror crept beneath him.

"Who wishes to consult the Sea Maiden?"
Her voice was morphed with an evil tone, and a good tone. It was as if she had two split personalities.The voice shook the room, and echoed in the distance. The assassin ran towards the exit, but was soon interrupted by a sheet of ice covering the way. He looked back, and saw her. She was as light as the oceans themselves, but as secretive as the trees. It was her, the Sea Maiden.

"The Wizard sent me, Sea Maiden" he responded, gripping his sword.
Suddenly, the sword was magically thrown onto the wall, and stuck on the stonework by a terrible ice spell.

"I do not wish to harm you, fellow thief. Though I will not let you plague my resting place with that vile piece of steel"

The light came closer, and the thief stepped back. He was in no mood to be toyed by an ancient.

"Do not fear my abilities, mortal. I do not fear yours"

The thief desperately tried to pull the sword of the icy covering, but only slipped his hands off from the sleek ice, “Show me your face Sea Maiden!” He replied, standing his ground.

The light came right in front of him, and dimmed down. It was a light blue figure of a woman, with glowing blue eyes. Her mouth exhaled cold air, slowly removing the left over oxygen in the room, "Show me yours"

Thief pulled down his hood, and stared at the figure. She had a way to lure her visitors with her sheer beauty and allure.

"Your fate is scorned with fire and ash. Your skin is bare, your mind is lost. You are the one I seek"

The figure released the hand of the thief, and smiled.

"I have invited you to my resting grounds for one purpose"

Slowly, the stone that was in the thief’s pocket levitated towards the ice princess. The assassin tried to get it back, but the stone moved out of the way when he did.

"This is the Stone of Skyra, the ancient goddess of Air" She muttered, looking deep into the stone.
The rogue only hesitated, "What purpose is it to you?"

The Sea Maiden sighed, and walked towards her icy bed, "Long ago, a crystal was forged in these mountains" The blue figure put her right hand on the cold rest place, "The crystal was created by a man, only mortal like you, who was skilled with magic"

The thief could only listen to what she had said, leaning on the wall across from the dimmed figure.

"He was a farm boy, I was a little girl, imprisoned in the sea. One day, the boy decided to make a magical object that would free me from the icy realm. the stone, crafted with tears, is able to free any magical manifestation in the worlds apart from mortals. And so, I was free."

"And how would that make you depressed?" The thief asked. The Sea Maiden just sighed,
"I am here because of him, the farm boy. We had cross-communications with each other, him on land...I at sea. But soon, he became overpowered by the stone. He fell deep into the art of necromancy, and cased away his memory of me. And when he took the stone for himself, I simple died out. Days passed, weeks passed...months, years..."

The Sea Maiden stopped for one moment, and continued, "Thousands of years passed. I waited for him, I really did. But he never came."

The assassin scratched his head, "He used the stone for something else..." The Sea Maiden jus stood near her bed, and became to cry.

"Tell me Sea Maiden...what was his name?" He asked, and walked towards her.

"Delroth..."

The assassin muttered, "The stone...for the serpent..."

"It is too late for me to be released from this place...I must go back to my realm, where I belong"

The thief ran towards the Sea Maiden, "Wait! There's still hope!"

The blue figure just looked back at the traveler, and doubted his remark

"Why would there still be hope, if hope never existed"

The thief almost fell down to the ground from the constant shaking, but kept running.

The room suddenly demoralized, and shattered into small pieces of crystal. An icy tornado surrounded the thief. It's cold embrace slowly took the thief away from all knowledge. And in a few seconds, Thief was back in his quarters in Tempestrial.

The Arch-Mage was talking to the gardener, but slowly stopped from seeing the newcomer, "Master Thief...so I see the Sea Maiden has seen your future?"

The assassin only nodded, and took a long sip of the wine to the right of him. His hands were cold, his mind was confused.

The wizard sighed, "She can see many things...let me see your hand Master Thief"

The thief released his palm, and released the bits of snow from his fingers.

It was a marking. A blue symbol, in the shape of an eagle, "The falcon...I see" He murmured, and closed the palm of the thief, "You must leave at once towards bowerstone"

Without being able to ask, the thief grabbed his things, and went for the door.He then opened the cold, freezing door, and pulled his dark cloak over his body.
-----

The thief took a last glance at the city of Tempestrial. It was a beautiful place, but he could not stay there forever. It almost made him cry, for such a heavenly place seemed to be waiting for him. But by the time he realized this, he was gone.

-----

As he paddled across the river, he remembered what the Mage had said:

"I give you our finest sword, crafted by the Icekings themselves, Icealeon. With it, you can pierce even the most malevolent heart...and cut the thickest shadow"

Thief looked at the sword, peacefully placed on its wrapped sheath.

"Keep the stone intact, Master Thief. For of all the dark power it has, it holds something that only Avo can explain. Light."

he remembered what Aloren said,

"Why would there still be hope if hope never existed"

"There is still hope,"The thief clutched the stone, but then released it. He continued to paddle north. And as morning set, and the pine trees flourished, a new day had arise on the 5th age.

"May Avo guide you even in the darkest hours"

(I apologize for any spellingor punctiation errors, guys. Bare with me for the moment XD)

L

LionHeadTex

Jesus, triple post :lol:Well, gotta keep the chapters rolling
[FONT=&quot]
Chapter 8-Stranded

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"You will bring it to me!"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The rolling woods endlessly flowed through out the plain, following the short path along the valley. Travelers, bandits, ale men and bards came through this pass to head east to Bowerstone, the trading center of the entire land. But there were others who decided to walk to stretching trail.
[/FONT]
A small boy, limping along the road, leaned on an oak adjacent to him. He was frail, tired, weak, and most of all...confused. But confusion did not scare him; weakness did not change his mind. Giving up last breath he had for the night, he fell to the grass ground.

Morning came, and he was still asleep. Until the sound of crackling roars of whips and hooves. The sounds confused the boy even more. What was coming his way?

The message could have been no clearer. It was a caravan. And by the sounds of the movement, it was stolen. They came closer by the second, and by every second a tap was more like a rapid footstep.

The stolen cargo came to the point of the boy, and halted. Two of the bandits were dressed in steel armor, looking as if they were beaten and bruised. The sign to Bowerstone was in front of them, so they decided to read the landmark. It was thick wood and sloppy handwriting, but they could decipher the overall meaning: east.

"Well why didn't they just say east?" One of them asked, another slapped the questioner, "Eh, how am I supposed to know?"

"Ah, frogets it" The leader grunted, and jumped back on the caravan. The other bandits followed him back, dropping their empty mugs of ale.

The last bandit looked closely at the sign, noticing a small pale bump on the right side of the sign. It was strange, the band it noticed, but too small to look further into. The last bandit just ran towards the caravan, and took a last look at the sign. As sloppy as they were, they were experts at vanishing from the site. Only one last sentence was heard as they strode away, "Those damn Minotaurs...always messeyin’ up our camp sites! Well these horns of 'em will do just find for the countess"

Swiftly, the child revealed himself from the sign, moving away from the hard wood cover.

A whole day passed, and the ragged child fell asleep on an uncomfortable boulder. Undeniably, the choice of rest would not satisfy him in the morning.

In the pitch of night, a stranger came. He was young, twenty-two or less, but he seemed to know the world around him. The child could not recognize this traveler, for the small boy was fast asleep.

------

Thief could see a black blotch of a figure in the distance, and walked faster. It was strange, the figure was posted on a boulder, "By the gods.." He muttered, and began to run.

As he moved closer, he began to see the child. He looked familiar, the same face and structure. But too focused on saving the youngling, he forgot all about the surprise.
-------

The child awoke on the side of a tree, murmuring the last orders the count gave him, "You serve me..." He began to cover his eyes, "No…no I can't"

It was morning, and very bright outside.

Faintly, the dreaming infant heard a faint voice

"You do not serve anyone"

His mouth opened, and he saw something unusual. It was a thief, smoking a pipe on tope of a thick oak branch, throwing apples down from the roots. He was a thief. And he has the nerve to toss an apple on top of the child’s head. The little boy, looking as if he was trying to find something, felt the apple pound his skull, and shouted an "Ow".

"Who are you...why are you up there?' The child queried, feeling the oak tree.

The thief almost fell off the branch from his chuckle, "Can't you see? I’m smoking some 'Oakland Fume'" The assassin paused, noticing the child’s blindfold.

"Oakland fu---"The child stomped his feet, "Weed?"

"Ah so you do know what's best for you" He playfully mused, "I gave you some sweet ones...I have a perfect taste of what's a good apple…and what is not" the thief referred to the pile of apples on the ground, "Go ahead boy, eat up…you look like you haven't eaten in ages"

The boy sighed, "I haven't eaten in ages.." Thinking, and started to take a bite out of one of the pile of red fruits.

"Good, eh?" The thief replied, noticing the child started eating one of the apples.

But soon enough the child began to spit out the outside of the apple, rolling the bits off his tongue, "It's terrible!" The young man could only ignore the opinion, "Ah well, you can't always pick the sweetest!"

"What is your name, apple picker?" the child replied, and dropped the apple he started to eat.

Thief could only stutter, "Er..."The boy began to tap his feet, waiting for an answer, "Jacob!"

The little boy could only nod, "Jacob...?"

The traveling thief combed his mind for another name, "Jacob...The Farmer!" He slid his pipe off of his mouth, "And what is your name?"

"Hall..."The boy responded, thinking about something else, "Rider...Hall Rider" Though stuttering, the thief could tell he was telling the truth. The youthful spy as just a lone wolf, still discovering the world. Or maybe something else.

Day passed, and night came. The thief was struggling to make a fire, tossing wood and igniting small sparks. The boy noticed this, and felt the box of weed next to him, "It's too windy to ignite with just wood...you need fern"

"Well…can we use the oak?" The thief asked, desperately trying to enlarge the fire. The only thing assuring right now for him was the endless stars.

The child began to toss some of the weed in the fire. The sparks connected with the fern, and ignited a bursting flame. Thief noticed this, and reached his hands in the fire to get the burning weed out, "No! My Fume!"

"You were better without it" The child muttered. But he was too fixated on a blade he felt next to him. The sharp edge cut his finger, causing him to grit his teeth,"Why would a farmer need a blade as sharp as this?"

Thief was too busy getting his weed out of the fire, "Uh...crows…yes, crows"

The child just smiled, seeming to know the truth already, "Understandable, Mr. Farmer"

Morning shined back to their eyes, and the fine oaks surrounding them awoke once again. Thief awoke from his usual get-gold-quick dreams, and yawned proudly. He reached his arm for the stone on the string along his neck. He felt the thread, but not the crystal. Suddenly, he gained conscience.

The little boy began to take a walk along the plain, playfully whistling and touching the ground with a spare twig he found on the ground. He longed for a day to see, for he felt the plain he was walking on was quite beautiful.

Then, something tackled him to the ground, pinning him on the grass. It was the thief, clutching the thread without the stone, "The stone!" He shouted at the child. The boy could only shake his head, "I don't understand"

Thief did not trust him, "Oh I bet you do...where is it spy?"

"I would not steal from a Farmer..."The child replied, pretending he didn't know a clue. The thief drew out his magical blade, "Would you to a Thief?"

The child only looked at the thief, acting stern and brave.

In return, the thief could only trust him, for youth can deceive many people.

------

They progressed to the road, the Thief grabbing Hall by the collar, "You're coming with me, Rider"
The child strained to let go, but the clutch was too strong, "No citizen can seize another citizen without proper rights!"

Thief only smiled; "Ah, but I’m a Thief...and you're a spy"

Hall could only agree. But underneath his allegiance, lay a lie. For secretly, he was holding the stone in his pocket, "I have a feeling this is a start of a new fellowship, Master Thief" The child fell somewhat sad, for he did not intend to give the stone to the Countess. Or maybe not

Regardless of what was to come, the two continued down the cobblestone path, Bowerstone in the far, far distance. It was just another day in the Great Forest, another trio in the 5th age.

-------

The Bowerstone castle was darker than ever that morning day. The countess was waiting on her throne, weeping for her Stone, "How desperate am I to send a blind boy to find a sacred stone..."

Her eyes darkened, and her wine glass was tossed to the ground by her hand, "I wait no longer for this nuisance to deliver..."

"Jaric!"

The servant gently crept inside the room, picking up the wine glass, "Yes, countess?"

Having the wine refilled, the countess took a sip of the liquid. Some of the red wine drained down her neck, but she did not care. She had something else to focus on. And stirring the glass thoroughly, she mused, "Bring me the stone..."

The servant grinned, losing concentration.

The countess snapped her fingers, "And...the boy"

Jaric began to move towards the balcony, but the countess snapped her fingers again "Kill the rest"

The dark balcony pitched above the tower, overshadowed by a dark silhouette. Then, out of the midst, a dark, red dragon cringed its feet to the railing on the balcony, and let out a terrible roar. The guards nearby could only cover their eyes at the pitched horror. The large lizard then flew out of the tower, exhaling terrible fire and spark. Jaric was no ordinary servant, he was a druid.

-END OF CHAPTER 8-

D

Darg

Bravo once again! Your way of describing things really puts an interesting image into the reader's mind. I could honestly see you as a proffesional writer with a bit more practice. Half the time I was reading all this, it could have easily been a book I've read! Keep up the awesome writing and I hope to see more soon!

L

LionHeadTex

[FONT=&quot]Chapter 9-The Sirens Calling[/FONT]

Sunshine did not intend to set that morning. Grassland conversed into rock. Land that was once plentiful was now empty in soul and beauty. The thief could feel a change in environment as he stepped off of the thick grass. Terrain was now stone, and the mountainous region was so solid...it could not afflict any rock slides.

"This was once a city..."The boy examined, feeling the rough stone on his heels, "With plenty resources, populated somewhat..."

Clutching a teddy bear hanging off a rock, Thief sighed, "It was a refuge camp..."

Memories came to the boys mind, causing him to lean on a boulder

"It was a massacre..."The thief replied, his voice faintly echoing in the dream.
"Tents burnt to the ground, thread moving away with the wind. People ran, but could not survive the great horror approaching them. Fire and rock plummeted them to the destroyed earth, playing with their deaths like wind with leaves. Cries and screams filled the dense air...they are here"

The boy tripped on the boulder, sliding off of it into the large way down. Gripping onto the bump on the stone, he gasped.

Thief grabbed his hand, and pulled him up from the unsatisfying grave, "What are you doing?" He asked, and continued to walk.

The clumsy child only walked with him, sprinting to catch up.

"The Highwind Range is the last place to fool around” The thief thought, beginning to climb up a rocky wall, "I hope you don't mind heights, Rider"

-------

The dragon was too close to is prey, he could smell it. Diving down into the rocky canyon, faster than the strongest stallion, "Flesh!" He roared, sensing the mortals nearby his reach. He continued down the pass.

-------

The boy was tired, dazing off as he reached the top. Thief had his hand on the side, ready to grasp the little palm struggling to reach, "Come on Mr. Rider, I can smell something in the air..." Thief was distracted, and put his finger on the stone underneath him, "This stone has been touched before..."

When Hall pushed himself up, he found a little creature pecking at his head. Thief laughed, gently sliding his finger under the birds feet, "It's a Rahvenar...I thought these migrated in the summer!"

The boy felt the creatures wings, "They do..." Hall examined the feathers, "It is cold...we need a fire going!'

Thief laughed with a confused tone, "What? We can't stop here just for a bird...we need to get the stone to Bowerstone!"

"Don't you realize? They want us to go to bowerstone!" The boy replied, losing his balance.

As the two mocked each other, the bird slowly flied away. And in the shadow, the grew. Its feathers burst into the air, scales of red and black sliced the fur. A faint cry was heard, and the shadow of the little creature was now horrifically large. He druid was here.

"And who do you mean by they, boy?" He replied, kicking a stone off of the cliff, "We need to keep moving!"

A large roar was heard all along the mountainside, a murderous pitch that you could not escape. Thief looked at Hall with desperation, "We need to move!" The trio saw the large shadow moving on the ground, coming closer as they ran. The two mortals jumped over rock and stone to bypass the enemy.

Thief jumped over the large crack in the mountain, barely making it to the other side. And when he saw Hall stopping at the other end, his eyes opened, "You can make it Hall...just jump!"

Hall started to become dizzy. The boy began to daze off, falling next to a large rock.

Thief couldn't believe his eyes. Hall could hear his assurance, "Hall! You can make it over...you need to jump!"

"I'm right here!" Thief shouted.

A dark figure slowly flew over his head. Somehow, the creature could paralyze his thoughts, making his mind mince. It was a magical trance.

"Hall!" The assassin shouted again.

And when the last words of the Thief were spent, a striking talon meshed onto his cloak.

The child could not believe what he heard...the sounds of a dragon, "It's here"

Thief pulled out his knife, continuing to stab the foot of the horrible creature. The giant whelp cried in pain, and tossed the assassin in the air. Thief swirled and flipped towards the ground, trying to find some way to survive the hit. Though, when he did, the dragon picked him back up in the air.

The sharp scales of the creature rose up from its skin. Its teeth, sharp as the most effective blade. The eyes and blood-thirsty as a bloodhound.

The struggling man tried to clutch his blade, the dragon budged his movements by soaring up into the sky. Focused on the direction, Thief could tell this Dragon was scarce in whelp instinct. Climbing up the leg, the swordsman began to reach the top of the ferocious dragon. The fire-breather spiraled in the air, Thief on the back...the dragon twirling about. The assassin could barely hold on.

Losing his grip, Thief found use with the scales. Though slippery, they could be a great source of resistance. And as his palm could not clutch any longer, the assassin pulled out his blade.

Jaric saw this, and smashed the Thief’s ribs by swinging his long tail. But the rogue still held on. Gripping the wing, he started to pull the dragon down from the high altitude.

The large dragon roared in pain, flapping his wings to slip the ranger off.

Dawn was breaking, the final sunrise had come for the day. Hall could see the dragon and the thief slowly fly from the clouds, he began to worry. And when Thief had his last grip on the Dragon, the child widened his eyes.

The dragon and the assassin spiraled through a narrow hole in a canyon top, and then it happened. Thief slipped off of the scale, and began to fall. He could hear Halls voice in the distance, "No!"

Thief desperately gripped the cliff Hall was on, using his spare knife as a support, but it was no use. He was out of sight from the little boy. And a large splash from the ground was echoed through out the canyon.

Hall could not cry, for he was too surprised. The dragon, just a faint fight, began to fly back towards the child. The creature knew he had the stone.

It all became slow.

Jaric crushed a wall of rocks next to Hall, missing the youth by a foot or so. The traumatized child began to run towards the opening into the mountains, breaking several tears. Life that once was, seemed to be forgotten.

----------

"A new race will arise" The countess shouted, sitting politely on her throne.

----------

The child slowly ran from the Dragon, who was soaring towards him, letting out his terrible roar.

----------

"Of fire and ash" The old woman cheered, watching the guards pushing the bandits into deep holes in the ground. They were dark pits, forged to create terrible things. And when the first revealed itself from the pit, it let out a terrible roar.

----------

Hall slid into a narrow hole in the front of the mountain, covering himself from the wave of fire flowing through out the rocky center.

-----------

The slouched creature tightened its fists. It was a Houndin, a descendant from an Orc and a wolf. Forged from a bandit, the terrible transaction had no positive ends.
A Houndin slouched like a werewolf, and had the terrible speed and strength like an Orc...but a raising snout and jaw. Their fangs lay out of their lips, coating with their terrible snot and residue.
"Who is your master" Alsea mused, raising the jaw of the horrific creature.
The Houndin bent the sword given to him into a full circle, "Silverthorne...”

(I sort of took that from lord of the rings, but it's just such a classic line...it had to be put in here:lol:)

-----------

Hall remembered the great pines and grasses he left behind to travel to this place. He could hear the graceful sounds of the Sirens signing through out the village,

Time has passed, now life has begun
Will tomorrow bring us the life we had today
---------
Thief slowly floated along the bank, his hand still grasping his sword...his eyes slowly shut. His time in this life seemed to be over
---------

Will we hear what we have heard
Or darkness take us away

The lonely blind boy could only weep under the rock, his hand over his face, his tears flowing down the rocky side.

-END OF CHAPTER 9-

Well, about this chapter. I basically wanted you to see it in your mind more than just quickly read it. It does look like a short chapter, but I hope you can imagine the sheer length of it.

Thanks,
LHT

(Also, any spelling errors I put in there...my apologies :lol:)

B

blue crow

Its good i liked that you discribed every thing without missing any detail.

B

blu phoenix

I would love to see you as a professional writer. You certainly have an incredible talent with descriptions and you put some detail into your writing, making it a wonderful piece of work. I don't know how you do it, but your storylines, etc. are flawless and truly enjoyable. Please keep writing, I can't stop reading this!!

L

LionHeadTex

[FONT=&quot]Preview for Chapter 10[/FONT]
(I would complete it, but I just got back from lacrosse practice)

Alsea took a sip of her wine, combing her mind of what to do next. Her hair was gruff, and her body was aging. She could feel the grasp of power and malevolence trapping her in its cold embrace. But she did not fear this gratitude, rather she enjoyed it. For what Silverthorne could receive for sacrifice would be far past life or death.

"Immortality" She mused, beginning to walk towards the balcony.

Rattles and clanks were heard outside. Bursts of flame and spark touched the balcony, but did not harm the countess. And when Alsea reached the end of the elevation, she saw what she thought was beauty.

Tens of thousands of Houndine were breeding from their pits. Crawling, feeding on the guards that fell in.

"Lady Alsea..." A voice exclaimed in the shadows.

The countess gracefully glided herself to the voice, slightly grinning as she entered inside. Her server was here.

But when the visitor revealed himself, the countess's grace faded away. It was Jaric, back from the long hunt for the stone. He knew Alsea was most unpleased.

"The thief has been eleminated" He muttered, waling towards the balcony.

Silverthorn pitched her high heels and stepped on Jaric’s cloak. Tharn stopped, and sighed.

"What of the boy?" She asked and opened her hand. Slowly yet painfully, she began to lure Jaric towards the Balcony, casting dark magic on his Druidic mind.

Jaric gasped, struggling to move his arms, "Gone" He stuttered. His throat began to turn dark red like blood itself.

"I'm sorry?" Alsea asked, "Your pity is blinding your voice" Jaric began to moan from the pain, clutching his bare fists from the evil cast.

"Gone!" He replied.

Alsea strengthened the grasp even more, creating a shift in the room, "Where is the stone Tharn?"

Jaric widened his eyes, desperate to breathe, "No...Think of everything I have accomplished...your anger is overcoming you, countess!"

Alsea came face to face with her servant, and began to closer her hand, "It is anger that is bringing me riches...anger is not overcoming me!" The desperate druid was forced off of the balcony, still in the magical lure, "No...Alsea, properly examine your actions---"

"You fool, my actions are but a small portion of the power I will conceive" Alsea grinned, and began to laugh, "For you are afraid of my actions...you are afraid of what power might make you!"

Jaric's throat was tightened even more, "A monster?" Alsea shouted, "Do not fear my power, Tharn"

"No!" The servant shouted, pushed farther off from the balcony. Below him, lay the large pit of Houndine sprouting from the fire.

"Feed from the darkness" The countess mused, and released Jaric into the hellish prison.

Past the guards patrolling it, Jaric fell into the dangerous hole. He could not change his form, for he was too weak to do so. His only choice was to succumb to the rock and ash below. What would come out would be unknown, for now.

L

LionHeadTex

Chapter 10!!!!!!!

PREVIOSLY

Alsea took a sip of her wine, combing her mind of what to do next. Her hair was gruff, and her body was aging. She could feel the grasp of power and malevolence trapping her in its cold embrace. But she did not fear this gratitude, rather she enjoyed it. For what Silverthorne could receive for sacrifice would be far past life or death.

"Immortality" She mused, beginning to walk towards the balcony.

Rattles and clanks were heard outside. Bursts of flame and spark touched the balcony, but did not harm the countess. And when Alsea reached the end of the elevation, she saw what she thought was beauty.

Tens of thousands of Houndine were breeding from their pits. Crawling, feeding on the guards that fell in.

"Lady Alsea..." A voice exclaimed in the shadows.

The countess gracefully glided herself to the voice, slightly grinning as she entered inside. Her server was here.

But when the visitor revealed himself, the countess's grace faded away. It was Jaric, back from the long hunt for the stone. He knew Alsea was most unpleased.

"The thief has been eleminated" He muttered, waling towards the balcony.

Silverthorn pitched her high heels and stepped on Jaric’s cloak. Tharn stopped, and sighed.

"What of the boy?" She asked and opened her hand. Slowly yet painfully, she began to lure Jaric towards the Balcony, casting dark magic on his Druidic mind.

Jaric gasped, struggling to move his arms, "Gone" He stuttered. His throat began to turn dark red like blood itself.

"I'm sorry?" Alsea asked, "Your pity is blinding your voice" Jaric began to moan from the pain, clutching his bare fists from the evil cast.

"Gone!" He replied.

Alsea strengthened the grasp even more, creating a shift in the room, "Where is the stone Tharn?"

Jaric widened his eyes, desperate to breathe, "No...Think of everything I have accomplished...your anger is overcoming you, countess!"

Alsea came face to face with her servant, and began to closer her hand, "It is anger that is bringing me riches...anger is not overcoming me!" The desperate druid was forced off of the balcony, still in the magical lure, "No...Alsea, properly examine your actions---"

"You fool, my actions are but a small portion of the power I will conceive" Alsea grinned, and began to laugh, "For you are afraid of my actions...you are afraid of what power might make you!"

Jaric's throat was tightened even more, "A monster?" Alsea shouted, "Do not fear my power, Tharn"

"No!" The servant shouted, pushed farther off from the balcony. Below him, lay the large pit of Houndine sprouting from the fire.

"Feed from the darkness" The countess mused, and released Jaric into the hellish prison.

Past the guards patrolling it, Jaric fell into the dangerous hole. He could not change his form, for he was too weak to do so. His only choice was to succumb to the rock and ash below. What would come out would be unknown, for now.

[FONT=&quot]Chapter 10-Hamoras, The Hidden City

[FONT=&quot]Hall[/FONT][FONT=&quot] dazed into dream as he leaned against a rock wall, cold and hungry. His clothing marked with fire burns and rips. He felt weak.

---
The silent marksman stared at the boy with flat eyes, and the boy asleep. Carrying Hall, the archer entered the pass across from him.

[/FONT][/FONT]
The short, strange man stared at Rider, and smiled. for when the two entered, a city revealed itself. The deep pass into the stone mountain shone with white light, gleaming several buildings. It was a sight for sharp eyes, for this settlement was somewhat hidden underneath the stone pass. But it was there. And when the morning horn blew, lights arised.

Lined like an ant colony, lights flickered across the under city. The buildings carved with Elfish and Druidic designs, chipped with stone and wood. They were implanted into the walls, decked to the top of the ceiling. This was no village, but an underground empire.

A bearded man, small but pudgy, stuck his head out of his pub. Letting out a mighty shout, he roared, "Wake up 'ya sleepeh' *******s!"

People began to look out their windows, bringing in their dry clothes and resources.
Lights shone from below, and bridges began to connect. And like a pack of bears, the small people ran out of their settlements. The new day had just begun.

"Hamoras...the city of small..." The man grinned, and looked at the waking child, "Welcome to my home, blind boy"

The determined dwarf led Hall through one of the hidden city's four main levels, towards its central palace that led to the throne room of the king. Before they reached the throne, however, Hall began to gain conscience. For arriving at the granite doors, he saw light once again.

The throne as lined with white curves, and imbedded into the ground with fire and steel. Surrounding the throne lay lava, as hot and piercing as the Realm of the Ancients. Dark stirred in these parts.

"My King, I found this little dwarf outside Hamoras's grounds, lying on its pebbled surface" The Dwarf exclaimed, and walked closer, "he is in dire need of aid, milord"

But the king was in no mood. He was old, wrinkly, and aging. His beard split on his knees, and divided from then to several braids. His crown was crafted with great marble, and his plating was as gold as an ancient Phoenix. The King was somewhat angry.

"That is not one of our people, Tharodune son of Reghnoras..." The king mumbled, and forced his large cup of ail on the arm rest next to him, "It's one of the men...he's a boy"

The Dwarf, known as Harodune, began to strain from holding the boy for so long, "Do not be deceived by his people...this boy is innocent!"

The King of Hamoras began to laugh, and took out his map, "Let my servant quarter your...human" He grunted, and nodded to his humble servers.

As Hall was being carried away out of the Throne Room, Tharodune examined the map the King held. Walking towards the two Dwarves, the Captain of the Guard took the map from the King, "Excuse my impatience, loyal King"

The King only nodded, and continued to drink his ale.

The Captain took his pointing finger and trailed his nail across the land between Bowerstone and Hamoras, "Houndune have arrived in our grounds once again, but their smell from our lands ends in Bowerstone..."

Tharodune widened his eyes, "These monsters have not graced upon our lands…since--"

The plated guard stabbed his knife on Bowerstone, "Since the forging of Hamoras, yes...but dark magic has reborn them once again" He explained, and looked at Tharodune, "And they march towards Hamoras from all front flanks"

Tharodune's thoughts covered him, and he saw what the Captain was describing.

"The countess of Bowerstone, Alesia Silverthone, has sent five thousand Houndine towards our gates"

The countess shouted at the pile of Houndine below her balcony, "Destroy Hamoras...find the Stone and the child...I want to see the Dwarven city in flame and ash!"The wave of Houndine roared at Silverthorne, banging their sharp shields with their rusty blades. Their leather armor blanketed their hideous skin and their large helmets covered their faces from their predecessors.
"May this tell all of who stand against us, the shadow age has been reborn...post their Dwarven heads on your spears and swords...leave none alive and spread their blood along their stone walls!"
The large group of Houndine spread along the palace and town, causing the locals to shriek in terror.
"And as a humble reward for your participation...clear my city of all who defy me...my city is now yours!"

Villagers’ ran, and babies cried. Many fled from the city, but the shopkeepers bravely stayed at their posts. But all who stayed were killed viscously. The large army of Houndune spread blackness across the city and through the gates. Great fire and molten ash and lava rose from the ground, forging the city to ruin.

Black clouds flew over the castle and the large city, eating all light that once gleamed through out. And then, destruction grew. Holes from the mountains surrounding Bowerstone seeped down into the insides of the range. Lava bursted from the holes. It was these dark mountains that no mortal has ever seen.

"Moltorghs, the Mountains of Scorn" The countess grinned, the spark and flame reflecting on her wine glass.

But out of these elevated pits lay monsters above comprehension. Dragons. Black scaled dragons cried out from the Moltorghs, tamed by weak Houndine fearlessly whipping them into loyalty. And the first face of the whelps rose from the lava, and roared in pain.

"Thorgh...war machines and servants of the dark lords"

"The march of the Houndune...has begun" The Captain said, gripping the knife on the map and looking down at the drawing of Albion.

Tharodune's eyes widened even more, and the hairs on his arms rose, "We're doomed..."

-----------

A Minotaur along The Clear River snatched a fish from the ground, and snapped it in half. His pipe was dangling from his mouth, and his ripped hat tilted along his horns. Though enjoying the Fin, the humble creature could not ignore his Hat beginning to glide towards the river. Desperately trying to snatch it, his attempt failed.

The hat began to float along the clear water, and the Minotaur began to get angry. Clutching his fishing pole, the frustrated creature aimed towards the hat. Beginning to build up speed, the hook from the pole flew towards the cloth accessory. But, sadly, the hook reached a rock adjacent to the possession of the Minotaur.

"Well, that's nice...my first signature hat floating away in the---" The minotaur paused, and scratched his head. It was the body of a young man, floating along the water, sliding up on shore, "---Clear River..."

----

The young mans eyes opened. He circulated his jaw so he could lose the cramp jointing it. It was Thief, but he wasn't standing along the rocky range. For as he desperately tried to move his hands, he found himself tied to a large branch, posted on top of a large fire.

The assassin heard the faint sounds of drums banging continuously. Slowly strumming to the violent grunts of the creatures, the sound of drums berated faster and faster around him. And when the shadows came closer to Thief, the drums ceased.

And then, A muscular Minotaur sniffed the catch, "Tender...and somewhat crisp from fire" He muttered, and then stopped his examination. The creature reached for his bags, grinning at the man hanging on the large stick. Thief's eyes widened, for he did not know what the Minotaur would draw. But when the item was revealed, it turned out this executioner was really the cook. He had pepper and salt shakers in his hands.

Spraying the two spices on the stranger, the cook began to mutter several words in Ancient Tauren, "Hundar luthar, rothar ghorah drohfu luru tunku tun"
Drums began to strum once again, and more Minotaur revealed themselves. Flaming their torches, their faces were slobbered with hunger and crave. Some with long braids, others with long and thick hair that reached to the end of their hide. They repeated what the cook muttered, and violently banged their frying pans and steel plated with spoons to knives, "Hundar luthar, rothar ghorah drohfu luru tunku tun!"

The sounds surrounded the thief, and began to sound louder and louder. Thief could only smile, "So..." He blew some pepper out of his nose, "What's for supper?"

The group of Minotaur began to laugh, rapidly banging their appliances even more. The cook exhaled air from his snout, letting the cold white air reach the thief. And as he talked, snot sprayed from his mouth, "Man flesh!"

Thief widened his eyes, and began to desperately wiggle his body off of the bonding. It was no use, his strain was pointless. He was bound to the Minotaur. But not only trapped on top of a burning flame, he was dinner.

A large Minotaur closed his mallet, and roared at the top of is lungs. His hair was braided down to the end of his spine, and an assortment of necklaces and signets were tied onto its ends. His tan leather sheeted his furry skin, and signified his Chief rank, “Silence!”

The drums halted, and the Minotaur’s closed their mouths. The Chieftain moved closer to the dinner he awaited. Noticing a horn tied on the side, his eyes watered, “My…my horn”

Seeing the Chieftain somewhat happier than he was, Thief took this as an advantage, “You are the one I saw in that camp…”

He could scarcely remember the day, for it was quite some time ago. Before he reached the mountains ahead, he was encountered by Minotaur’s. Still disguised as a bandit, Thief had to escape the grasp of the Chieftain Ghara-Dune. And as he remembered this, he saw himself taking the horn from the tree.

“So you are the man that took my beloved possession…” Dune grunted. He began to untie the thief’s bonds, and pushed is off the fire. The remaining Minotaur’s started to complain, not knowing why the Chieftain would allow a Thief, especially of an honorary item such a horn, get away with such a crime.

“He is wiser than I thought…follow me to my tent, boy” His braids moved in the wind while he signaled the assassin to follow. Thief did, following Ghara-Dune to converse.

[FONT=&quot](continued)
[/FONT]

L

LionHeadTex

Re: Chapter 10!!!!!!!

--------------------
“I wish I never lived to see these days…” Hall told the thief.

Hall woke up from his long sleep. Some people that are blind cannot tell dream from reality, but not this boy. He had no fear of lies, for he had lived on too much. And as he walked towards his robe, a humble servant waddled in. It was a male dwarf, grumpy and rude, holding a plate of food. Hall nodded to the servant and began to eat the edibles he had received.

“Now eat up…I don’t serve seconds for men” The small man muttered, and watched the boy eat.

Rider placed the plate aside but continued to chew his bread. He then glanced at the servant, “Tell me, servant of the king,” Hall brushed the crumbs off of his clean leather shirt, “Why have your people ignored us?”

The servant was confused, and Hall coughed, “I mean…the men”

The dwarf could only sit on the stool next to him, and sigh, “That is a question only few ask,” He looked back at the boy, “Especially one of you…”

“You can trust me, master dwarf” Hall grinned, and put the blindfold adjacent to him on his face, tightening the knot, “I am but a blind boy of the east”

The dwarf mumbled several swear words, and straightened his beard, “west…east…south…all the same”

“Do you really mean that, master dwarf?” Hall asked, and closed his grin, “Or are you looking at but one of my people?” The child was signifying the count, and gripped his fists. The dwarf knew this meaning, and laughed.

“No…there are far more humans in this world that long for power,” The dwarf looked at the small picture of his family he pulled out from his pocket, “That desire to take Hamoras…”

Hall felt the map that stretched in front of him, feeling the bumps along the continental lines, “They want more than Hamoras, master dwarf…”

The servant grumbled, and wiggled on the stool, “Your speaking is wise, boy” His voice changed from confusion to anger, “Though, why should I trust on who is with the men who seek power, especially a blind boy of the east”

Hall kneeled to the dwarf, and put his hand on his shoulder, “I see many things…more than what people see with eyes” The child smiled, “And I have come to see that eyes are just the jesters of our souls…what really matter is what you feel.”

The dwarf grunted, “I did not wish for Hamoras to be this way…for evil to lurk on our doorstep, I am but a servant of this city”

“We do not wish for many things, master dwarf” The boy smiled, “My people or your people…but we must all ask ourselves,”

The dwarf looked outside the window, and watched the children skip across the stone ground. Hall continued, “Will we sacrifice what we have…will we let the things we fear take us over?” His voice became stern,”or will we fight for what we long to see the next day…” The boy closed the dwarf’s hand,

“Will you fight for the next day, master dwarf?”

The humble servant smiled, and stood up, “Aye…” he took the boys hand, and pulled him up, “Aye…I will”

Hall smiled back, and watched the servant slowly walk away. And as the light from the plate the dwarf held shine across the level, a roar as pitched as the strongest horn echoed through out the city.

The child saw a faint figure with a wooden bow, slowly pulling the arrow back. No other faction would have the right to do such a thing in a city such as Hamoras, and that is when Hall gasped. It was the Houndine.

A slight flick of the quiver was heard, and a sharp arrow flew in the air. Hall began to run towards the door, sprinting down the stairs. But it was too late. When the arrow met its target, the target was on the ground. And the innocent dwarf that fell down was known by Hall. For as the boy ran closer to the body, he noticed it was the servant.

Thousands of creatures sprawled from the walls and the ceiling, a barrage of arrows mowing down several merchants running away.

--

The King, looking at his large hammer, frowned with sadness, “We are too late…”

--

Flame and arrow flew past Hall as he stared at the dieing dwarf. Sounds of clash and stab frightened him, but he was fixated on the innocent servant, “Master dwarf…you’re wounded” Riders hand felt the blood seeping down to the stone ground, “I need to take you…”

Hall could only pause. He couldn’t take the dwarf anywhere, for he was too weak to escort a being such as a heavy dwarf to a medic.

The servant smiled, and held Halls hand. Grasping it, he tried to ignore the searing pain through out his body, “You can’t carry me, laddy…” The small man coughed in agony, “dwarfs are known for their…obesity” He grinned. Hall could only smile in worry, putting a piece of cloth from his sleeve on the wound.

The servant could tell his time was almost up, so he peacefully sighed, “Remember Hamoras, young one…remember who stood this day and who fell…please”

Hall nodded, and began to cry, “I will, master dwarf”

“You showed me that appearances are just illusions...” He gulped, “it’s the heart of the person that matters, in the end---” The dwarf exclaimed, coughing more consistently as he spoke, “In the end, on the last hour and the last sunrise…we will fight for the next day” he continued, “I just hoped more of my people could realize that…rather than just a servant”

“You are not a servant of the king anymore, master dwarf” Hall smiled, “You’re a hero”

The dwarf laughed, and nodded. Rider continued to hold him, keeping him alive for the remainder of the time.

“I just…” His body began to stop moving, “…want to be remembered---“

The servant coughed out blood after he spoke, and tilted his head to the side. He had now passed to the next world.

“And you will, master dwarf…” Hall cried, and closed the dwarf’s hands together. Arrows continued to strike people around him. Flames grew larger and larger. People died that day. But it was not this child’s time to fall.

A familiar face grabbed Halls hand. Surprised, the child looked at the one who did. It was Tharodune, the hunter that helped him out of the stone mountains behind him,
And his voice echoed along Halls mind.
“Your path does not end here, Hall”

The brave hunter stabbed an intruding Houndine creeping along the wall. Pulling out his bow, he took out several creatures to pass through to the level below.

A dozen creatures charged at the two, but their sprint was at an end. For several other skilled hunters took the opposing creatures out in a wave of arrows. The leader of the force nodded to Tharodune, “Keep going lad…we can hold them off!”

Tharodune nodded, and continued to flee from the battle. Hall clutched to his hand, feeling the blood spreading on the ground, “Don’t let go, friend”

“It would be my avoidance, wise boy…” Tharodune smiled, “I would say the same for you!”

Hall just smiled, and held on.

-----------

Night came to place in the Minotaur village, the moon gliding across the clouds. But not the Chieftains tent. For a meeting was held that was unknown to the outer populace. A meeting of dire proportions.

Drums began to strum once again, and the Chieftan began to speak.

“I do not wish to waste my people to these…Houdine you speak of,” Dune grumbled and sat on his wood-carved throne, “My people are ruthless…yet they fear this force”

Thief struggled to break from the grasp of the two Minotaurs guarding the entrance, “Your people fear this force because they are burning your lands!”

Ghara-Dune took a grape from one of his servants, “If your opinions are true,” The head Minotaur leaned back on his throne, “then why do you believe my Tauren people should go to the brink of battle?”

The assassin became very angry, for the Chieftain was being quite ignorant to what he had to say. Ghara-Dune continued, “We do not bear enough strength to defeat this “dark force” you tell us about”

“How will we plummet these terrible creatures with just one faction? Do you not realize what we already face?” The Chieftain spat some saliva on the ground, and picked another grape from the servant, “We have no food…our fishes are leaving earlier than they do on the Clear River…we starve for the meat we once craved!”

Thief struggled to break from the guards, but was strained not to do so, “Blow the Horn of Allegiance…do something!”

“No faction other than the 5 tribes of Tauren will answer to us!” The Chieftain angrily exclaimed, and banged his fist on the thrones arm rest, “The Allegience that once was in Albion is gone…”

“They will answer to a leader!” Thief desperately shouted, being dragged towards the exit.

“Leave my council…you are but another fool that passes my village…” Dune murmured, and picked another grape from the vine. The Chieftain sighed, and watched the thief leave the tent, “…so this is how our people will fall”

----

Thief was pushed into his small tent, mocked by the guards. He caused a slight “thump” and shoved his voice from the impact. Instead of tasting the ground underneath him and rest with worry, he had an idea.

----

Tempestrial was fast asleep that weary night from a long days work. But the guard tower wasn’t. A faint sound was heard in the distance, echoing towards the city. And as it arrived, the guard fast asleep on the ground opened his eyes.

The messenger for the leader of the Elf city ran down the spiral steps of the castle tower, pacing faster as he progressed. And when he arrived to the King, he began to pant. The King, old and tiresome, slowly opened his eyes, “Why do you interrupt my slumber, Deower?”

The messenger stood on his knees as he reached the ground. Staring at the King, he exclaimed, “The Horn of Allegiance has been blown!”

The King was surprised, and stood up straight on his throne, “What direction has it been blown from?”

Deower continued, “From the north…near the Tauren city, milord!”

The King of Tempestrial only stuttered, tapping his wrinkled finger on his arm rest. The messenger awaited an order, as his pant began fading away. The decision had been made.

“The Horn of Allegiance has been blown…and Tempestrial will answer!” The King exclaimed, and smiled. His grin had a worried expression under it, but nonetheless, he knew the decision he had made, “Signal the Great Tower to blow the horn…we will not leave our old friends from the north to falter”

The Messenger smiled back,”Yes, your majesty”

More horns blew. From the eastern city of Redvaurd, to the western alpine range of Thordorn. Elves to Dwarves answered to the call. Light had gleamed across the Albion range once again. But such a mighty force still couldn’t outnumber Silverthorne’s forces.

L

LionHeadTex

Re: Chapter 10!!!!!!!

------------

Thief slowly stepped off of the wooden tower of the Minotaur city, placing the chipped horn back on its sheath. Smiling, he noticed several Tauren Guard walking over to the station. The assassin starting to climb down the logs, and move back towards his tent.

------------

“Here it is…” Tharodune exclaimed, guiding the child to the entrance of a tunnel, “This network leads towards the Hammerfold Pass…which will take you out of the mountains”

Hall felt the stone smooth as he entered the tunnel. He turned, staring back at Tharodune, “You won’t come with me?”

Tharodune sighed, but started to smile, “This is my home!” The hunter picked up an axe stabbed on the ground, “And I must fight with my people to defend it.”

The small boy smiled back, “Good luck, Tharodune”

A swarm of Houndine darted towards Tharodune, blood dripping from their fingers, “Make haste!” He exclaimed to Hall, and raised his axe towards the Houndine.

Hall paused for a moment, watching Tharodune spin his axe to taunt the creatures ahead. And at that moment, a flash of thought cam to him. Where would he go? What could he do? Why did he have to end up here?

“Go!” Tharodune shouted, clashing with one of the creatures that pounced on him. The hunter broke the clash, and sliced the Houndine’s head off of its spine. Kicking one to the side, Tharodune received a piercing arrow that dove straight towards his heart.

“No! Tharodune!” The voice of Hall echoed across the tunnel. And when arrows began to bounce off of the sides of the tunnel, the child started to run. The water underneath his cleaned his feet, consuming the blood that stained his skin. The rocks along the way bruised Hall’s feet, but he could only ignore the pain.

The roar of Houndine traveled along the tunnel. Hall ran towards the Catacombs, seeing the pitch of light awaiting him at the end. But his desire was soon interrupted. He tripped on a rock, and fell onto the mild stone that waited for him.

He could see the green forests. He could taste the smooth air that filled the flourished plain. He could feel the rising grass tickle his rough skin. True beauty seemed just an inch away. Sticking his hand out in front of him, and tried to imagine the Great Oak’s bark, the leaves falling from the branches. Then, at the end of his journey, he knew he had to keep going, to see the trees once again.

Hall picked himself up, and faintly walked along the tunnel. Feeling the stone on every side, he seemed caved in. But he wasn’t. forgetting the danger behind him, he ran once again.

The lonely child heard the sirens singing at the end of the trail.

And the call runs along the road

--

“One last fight?” The Captain said, pulling out his hammer.

The King stood up, drawing the large webbed hammer to his side, “One last fight!”

The two warriors ran towards the hundreds of Houndine breaking into the palace. And as they entered, light shined along Hamras.

To the ones who have seen the day
--

Will the ones who hear the call
--
Thief ran away from the tower, hearing the roars of the Minotaurs when they heard that the Horn of Allegiance had been blown. So he laughed with cheer, “The horn has been blown!” He raised his arms in the air with joy, “The horn has been blown!”
--
Be the ones who live another day

Tharodune lay on the ground, feeling the cold touch of stone. He saw his allies around him fall to the hands of the monsters, massacred. The faint sound of cries faded in the distance. “Take me away, Hamras” Tharodune mumbled, is voice beginning to crack. Smiling, he clutched his axe.

The Houndine Captain stared at the fearless dwarf, and grunted, “Foolish dwarf” he muttered under his breath. Drawing out his flat sword, the creature raised the blunt weapon in the air.

“Avo does not welcome you here!” Tharodune shouted, in pain from the struggle. Pulling out his knife, he stabbed the Captain’s thigh. The ferocious Houndine could only laugh, and swing his sword towards Tharodune.

Blackness covered the rest. Hamras had been taken. But the Dwarfs had not.

--
And as the shadow plagues the sky

Hall desperately ran, moving the cob webs out of his way. His body began to tire, cuts and bruises dotted along his scarred body. But he kept moving. Beginning to pant, his voice became scarce. His strength had left him to falter. Light dimmed from his mind. Hope was beginning to become a fool’s chance. But what else could he lose, how many more scars could cover his body? He did not wish for the answer to that question.

Feeling the air dense, he heard the voice of

Will we see the light again

Blackness was all he sensed.
And as he reached the end, he started to hike up the rocky road, towards the forest along Bowerstone. In front of him, lay a barren wasteland of burnt trees and poisonous ash. Black dragons flew along the landscape, cradled by the volcanic mountains surrounding them.

Hall didn’t know where he was going, but he just had to keep moving. Climbing up the stone hill, he gripped his feet to the sharp ground. And as the landscape changed to shadow and fire, hall could hear his companion.

“I wish I never lived to see these days…” Hall told the thief.
“So do us all, my friend,” Thief said, his pipe dangling from his mouth, “But that doesn’t mean we should just give up on ourselves”

Hall continued to move on.

-END OF CHAPTER 10-

-END OF PART 1-

So, how did you guys like part one (ch.1 - ch.10)? Was it good? Was it lame? I'm all open for opinions :lol:

NOTE: Any spelling errors, grammatical errors, or punctuation errors are my entire fault. So, my apologies for the mishaps. :lol:

I'm hoping more people will read my fan fiction, but I can't always wish for everything :D. Well, anyway, thanks for reading part one of my fan fiction! Will I continue with part two? Of course :cool:

Thanks,
LHT

B

blu phoenix

:w00t::w00t::w00t: Yay! Lovely job once again! +rep.;)

L

LionHeadTex

My real concern is what to do in part 2. I have a good idea of the next part...but I feel like the readers should get more involved. So, for those who have read the whole story so far, PLEASE pm me for any idea on your mind. And at the end of part 2 when it's all done, i'll provide rep for everyone who contrubuted.

Now some people think it's a lack of creativity to do that, but I hate putting something in the fan fiction that the readers don't want. But remember, private message me.

I want this to be a universal fan fiction, rather than just one person putting it together.

I can't promise every idea to go in, but i'll rep everyone who pmed me anyway. It's common courtesy :lol: (but, one rep per person...though you can put as many ideas as you want)

Why would I do this? I'm hoping to make part 2 better than part 1. Part 1 really didn't go at a steady pace. Aside from the spelling errors, things went by too fast. And because of this, I felt the reader having to dart across the fan fiction. Problem with that is I wanted to show the reader alot of things...and I made it so it was just a race of reading:wacko:

So like I said, pm me for any ideas for part 2. I'm hoping for some awesome stuff. And like I said, rep goes to anyone who pms me...even if the idea doesn't get picked.

Since not that many people look at my fan fiction (which i'm alright with...as long as people like it), it might take awhile :D

Thanks,
LHT

(Also, if you want to pm me with an idea...you can give me tips for the next part. I felt I did alot of stuff wrong, so tips are strongly appreciated)

L

LionHeadTex

Black flames engulfed the sky, embracing the withering clouds covering the spare light above. Plagues of darkness were like tar on stone across the forest. Green turned black, blue turned red. The smell of ash and dense air would kill the average traveler, placing him on the hot, wasteland floor. Mountains, pitched with lava and rock, planted on the large barrens. On one side, lay the fiery pits of Moltorg. On the other, a hilltop desert, blanketed with grey sand and burnt branches sticking out of the ground. Skulls, blotched with dry blood and scar, hidden and buried under the field. Dark history lay beneath the hills, times of massacre and change, blackness and power. This was no land for settlement.

And far away, along the sharp, rock range, lay a small dot sprinting across. Climbing on the smooth boulders, the traveler gripping his hands along the scaling stone. Blood dripped from his feet, scars trailed along his thin body. And as he reached the hilltop, he saw the barren wasteland ahead. His mind awestruck of the view, for such a glorious place to see the world would now be terror. A paradise taken away, replaced with evil.

And as he stared at the awesome view, he could see the historical plague beneath it. Dragons perched on broken branch, creatures pulled wildlife to the steaming earth. Such an honorable radius now wasted. Hall placed his hand on the stretching stone, and wiped his tears. His emotions became slight anger, his teeth connected. And when he could see the light that once was there, the hope that was still there, and the peace that could be there, he put one foot over another. Then, struggling and shivering, he put his other foot over. The palm of his feet scraped alongside the pebble, but this pain did not take him.

Hearing an echo of white beaming from the clouds, a scarce voice was heard in Halls mind.

"Will you go the next adventure to pursue the faded dream?"

The child’s hair was messy, now long and brown. His eyes with a tint of orange, but still beaming with blue. Now fifthteen, he had made a long journey through the mountains. Discomforted with a loosened cloth shirt, and ripped brown pants, he had been scarred for a long age. For as tall as he was, he was starving. There was nothing but ripe apples he had eaten, and raw Sheer (type of fish). He longed for something more, but he didn't wish for a delicacy. This young man longed for the taste of water cleansing your throat, or the juice of berries petting his tongue. In stead, he recieved starvation. Burns and tears spotted on his wardrobe. The clearing marks from a powerful drake began to fade away, but began to become anew.

Many had died in his past, some devious than others. Fathers, mothers, brothers, companions. But the latest soul that he had long ventured with was the closest to him. And as he felt the burns along his body, he could remember the day. Hall just shook his head slightly. The face of Rider was just the same, lonesome and sotted with dirt marks. Bits of skin peeled from his lips, and cuts on his cheeks. But the worst was his marks, for a fading scar lay down on his mouth from a sharp blade. Every time he spoke, he could feel the pain from his mouth spreading to his nerves.

"I will!" He grunted, and pushed himself along the mountains side.

The LionHead Chronicles:
Part 2: Into The Plunge

Chapter 11: The Scortching Pass

The Tempestrial Moon shone brightly the night of Fall. Stars were spread like salt along the vast region in the sky. The air, shivering to the skin, touched one embracingly. For such a great place had great comfort, until now. For a man, in his late twenties, encountered an old friend. The night was not young, but the wizard that stood on the balcony did not wait for the youth. The man could tell.

"Her light that once shone in this city is fading away..."The wizard mused, clutching his staff with impatience,"Dark clouds appear from the east" As the wise man talked, his eyes glared at a bolt of lightning striking from the east, sounding a large crack in the distance. Looking at the young man next to him, he sighed, "Silverthorne's forces are progressing along the forests...destroying every settlement not in their affiliation."

Agreeing, the visitor dangled his pipe from his mouth, holding the end with his right hand, "What forces lay on her aid?"

Silent, the old mage shook his head, "Great spiders from the northern borders rest in her refuge..." He explained, "But not only hidden creatures...great dragons nest on her mountains" His eyes dimmed, "Houndine swarm on her doorstep..."

A great stare was focused towards the man with the pipe, "The Council of Allegience has been made once again...you know of this, for you saw the Great Horn blown?"
The man nodded, and puffed smoke from his pipe, "I have seen it signaled,"

The wizard smiled, and looked back at the sky. His deep breath echoed across the city, for as old as he was...he mage still had a touch of youth along him.

Both stared blankly at the city, puffing their pipes with ease. Thief sighed, "No news of Hall...I fear he did not make it out of the mountains intact..." His small pouch of gold coins rattled as he moved his arms on the rail, "I fear his life has been consumed by the stone.."

The wizard released his pipe from his mouth, and looked at the weary assassin, "You fear many things, boy...but yet you do not seek to find the truth."
Thief nodded, "Hall must take the stone to Bowerstone...find the Craftsman...and after the long trek, he must see if the stone can be destroyed," He tilted his head downward, "He would be under Alsea's nose, in the belly of the Houndine camps..."

The underground city of Silverthorne's domain consisted of large nests, and weak workers springing Houndine from their birth places. Dragons gripped onto treasures and malleable woodwork to deliver to the Queen, growing the horrific area by the day. It was a plague, rather than an empire.

"And after he wasteland of broken wood and stone...he would have to surpass the large vanguard of Drakes and Whelps defending the radius...," Thief continued, and put his hand on his hair, "I've sent him to his death"

The wizard smiled, "I feel his body still moving...his heart still running," The mage exclaimed, "Hall might not be the greatest warrior...but he has a heart of solid plate..."

Thief smiled back, and nodded. His fear had now been cleansed by the Mage's speaking once again. Men could learn many things from Elves such as these, he thought.

"Well then Master Thief, the council is waiting for us" The wizard mused, and walked towards the palace. He grinned, and followed. As the wizard walked into his quarters, the Thief continued to look at the stars. They were scattered like sand on wind, spotting light amongst the night sky. And following a path of the stars, the human could trace a constellation. Smiling, he placed his hand back on the stone rail, "The Gharafox Pheonix...the sign of swiftness" The thief sighed, "I would go across the lands to grasp the ancient's unreachable power..."

The great palace reflected fire light on its columns. Banners were tied on the tops, its emblem in the shape of a icy mountain. A cold throne perched on many steps, clutched into the marble like tar on rock. The sober touch affected the great stonework, for it was a vast hall, filled with drunken men and spilled tables. Pubs, bakeries, all sung and danced. Elves kicked their feet on tables, men chanted songs about war and ale.

It would be hard to find the council members, but their shadows faded as the thief noticed them. Scattered through out the palace, they varied in shape and size. Some, Wood Elves of the west, to Tauren of the south. All came here to have one last party after the brink of war. It was far from a cleansing, rather a game. Shameful to the past, councilmen alike forgot the once elegant meeting. Now, it is a messy fight for decision. Why this is, is simple to most. The Great Council had not meet in many years, long before the Silverthorne siege and the age of Houndine.

The wise wizard, now irritated from the naive council members, grunted as he gripped his throne. Perched to the side of the Kings Throne, the wizard seemed to be a steward of the high lord. And he was. By showing this, he began the council meeting.

"Silence!" He shouted, clearing dust from his growing beard. Noticing that no soul inthe room had heard him, he drew out his long staff. Carved with bark and white wood, the staff would harness great amounts of magical essence. And as it was raised towards the ceiling, the wizard released a large sonic clash. Covered with white light, the spell caused everything to stop in motion. Drunks dropped their cups, gamblers released their chips. The wizard grumbled, and sat back on his large seat.
"My friends from distant lands!" His voice began to dim down, "You are gathered here today for one purpose and one purpose only,"
The light wizard put his two hands on the ends of the Throne's arm rests, "Form the Allegience we once possessed...bring light to this dark landscape!"

A tall Elf, dressed in an elegant robe hiding his large blade, put his feet off the wooden table. Smashing his pint of ale on the surface of the table, his browns rose down, "And when do you suppose we form this army?...we are clearly outnumbered by force and arms!"
Many other lords agreed. Arguing over their problems and doubts, they began to stand up and fight amongst one another. Many were low on fighters, others dieing out from dark plagues. The nations that once were fertile were now graveyards waiting to come.

Thief fixated on the king, and grunted with disbelief. The warrior tightened his sword's sheath, and walked towards the throne. His leather boots clambered on the marble floor, but were unheard by the fighting men. The king, drifting away in a long sleep, was interrupted by the statement, "It will begin in the fullness of time," Thief exclaimed, and drew out his sword. beaming with light and hidden majesty, the sharp blade noticed to the Lords, "Yet I fear that if we do not come as one, the reason is useless. Unless you can overcome Her forces alone, if you deny my Allegiance, you will be reduced to no more than a skull on a post."

The Minotaur Chieftain, now with a longer beard, let out a slight laugh, "It has been three years since my empire's horn has been blown!" His large face turned to the thief, and his eyes became more stern, "Half of the men I see here have raided my homelands...taken my people...slaughtered them!"
Thief could tell that the strong creature focused on him as blame, but was appalled the Chieftain did not reveal it.

"Then let us end our nations starvation!" Thief shouted. Kings around the tables began to shake their heads, and sink into their ale with disbelief.

"You fool!" A Dwarven lord exclaimed, "We are outnumbered, out-strategized, outwit!"

"But we are not out of hope!" Thief exclaimed, and faded his anger. Sitting on a wooden chair across from the throne, he stabbed his blade on the marble floor, "Nevertheless...I will ride to Bowerstone and I will kill Silverthorne. Who would ride with me?"

The crowd of legends sat on their crooked seats, refraining from answering. Thief could only shake his head, and leave his long sword implanted on the ground as he walked away. As the large gate slowly closed, Lords began to speak again. Drinking games continued, and the wise elves on the throne discussed. The aging wizard, now disappointed, put his hand on his face.

The weary thief buckled the leather saddle on his steed, smoking his pipe and humming a tune. Looking at the dark sky, he could smell the ash flowing throughout the air, the thousand knives stabbing at your lungs. It was only a taste of what Bowerstone possessed. If darkness came to him, it would be great evil where he was heading. The snow below him rose up along his feet, warning him of the trail ahead. The stars above him showed his past, a striking sword on a scale, a desperate boy running away, a thief holding up a mighty sword. It was all fable, he thought. It was all lies. He couldn't be a hero; he was just a mere assassin who got into the wrong boots at the wrong time.

Hearing a voice in the distance, Thief turned his head. It was the wise old wizard, stroking his long beard that covered his Elvish ears, "I would suggest not heading in that direction"

Humble and grinning, the mage stood in front of hundreds of captains and generals, whom followed him towards the thief, "Not alone you won't..." The wizard mused.

(This chapter wasn't that much, but I hope it was a good start for part 2 :cool:)

L

LionHeadTex

Black flames engulfed the sky, embracing the withering clouds covering the spare light above. Plagues of darkness were like tar on stone across the forest. Green turned black, blue turned red. The smell of ash and dense air would kill the average traveler, placing him on the hot, wasteland floor. Mountains, pitched with lava and rock, planted on the large barrens. On one side, lay the fiery pits of Moltorg. On the other, a hilltop desert, blanketed with grey sand and burnt branches sticking out of the ground. Skulls, blotched with dry blood and scar, hidden and buried under the field. Dark history lay beneath the hills, times of massacre and change, blackness and power. This was no land for settlement.

And far away, along the sharp, rock range, lay a small dot sprinting across. Climbing on the smooth boulders, the traveler gripping his hands along the scaling stone. Blood dripped from his feet, scars trailed along his thin body. And as he reached the hilltop, he saw the barren wasteland ahead. His mind awestruck of the view, for such a glorious place to see the world would now be terror. A paradise taken away, replaced with evil.

And as he stared at the awesome view, he could see the historical plague beneath it. Dragons perched on broken branch, creatures pulled wildlife to the steaming earth. Such an honorable radius now wasted. Hall placed his hand on the stretching stone, and wiped his tears. His emotions became slight anger, his teeth connected. And when he could see the light that once was there, the hope that was still there, and the peace that could be there, he put one foot over another. Then, struggling and shivering, he put his other foot over. The palm of his feet scraped alongside the pebble, but this pain did not take him.

Hearing an echo of white beaming from the clouds, a scarce voice was heard in Halls mind.

"Will you go the next adventure to pursue the faded dream?"

The child’s hair was messy, now long and brown. His eyes with a tint of orange, but still beaming with blue. Now fifthteen, he had made a long journey through the mountains. Discomforted with a loosened cloth shirt, and ripped brown pants, he had been scarred for a long age. For as tall as he was, he was starving. There was nothing but ripe apples he had eaten, and raw Sheer (type of fish). He longed for something more, but he didn't wish for a delicacy. This young man longed for the taste of water cleansing your throat, or the juice of berries petting his tongue. In stead, he recieved starvation. Burns and tears spotted on his wardrobe. The clearing marks from a powerful drake began to fade away, but began to become anew.

Many had died in his past, some devious than others. Fathers, mothers, brothers, companions. But the latest soul that he had long ventured with was the closest to him. And as he felt the burns along his body, he could remember the day. Hall just shook his head slightly. The face of Rider was just the same, lonesome and sotted with dirt marks. Bits of skin peeled from his lips, and cuts on his cheeks. But the worst was his marks, for a fading scar lay down on his mouth from a sharp blade. Every time he spoke, he could feel the pain from his mouth spreading to his nerves.

"I will!" He grunted, and pushed himself along the mountains side.

The LionHead Chronicles:
Part 2: Into The Plunge

Chapter 11: The Scortching Pass

The Tempestrial Moon shone brightly the night of Fall. Stars were spread like salt along the vast region in the sky. The air, shivering to the skin, touched one embracingly. For such a great place had great comfort, until now. For a man, in his late twenties, encountered an old friend. The night was not young, but the wizard that stood on the balcony did not wait for the youth. The man could tell.

"Her light that once shone in this city is fading away..."The wizard mused, clutching his staff with impatience,"Dark clouds appear from the east" As the wise man talked, his eyes glared at a bolt of lightning striking from the east, sounding a large crack in the distance. Looking at the young man next to him, he sighed, "Silverthorne's forces are progressing along the forests...destroying every settlement not in their affiliation."

Agreeing, the visitor dangled his pipe from his mouth, holding the end with his right hand, "What forces lay on her aid?"

Silent, the old mage shook his head, "Great spiders from the northern borders rest in her refuge..." He explained, "But not only hidden creatures...great dragons nest on her mountains" His eyes dimmed, "Houndine swarm on her doorstep..."

A great stare was focused towards the man with the pipe, "The Council of Allegience has been made once again...you know of this, for you saw the Great Horn blown?"
The man nodded, and puffed smoke from his pipe, "I have seen it signaled,"

The wizard smiled, and looked back at the sky. His deep breath echoed across the city, for as old as he was...he mage still had a touch of youth along him.

Both stared blankly at the city, puffing their pipes with ease. Thief sighed, "No news of Hall...I fear he did not make it out of the mountains intact..." His small pouch of gold coins rattled as he moved his arms on the rail, "I fear his life has been consumed by the stone.."

The wizard released his pipe from his mouth, and looked at the weary assassin, "You fear many things, boy...but yet you do not seek to find the truth."
Thief nodded, "Hall must take the stone to Bowerstone...find the Craftsman...and after the long trek, he must see if the stone can be destroyed," He tilted his head downward, "He would be under Alsea's nose, in the belly of the Houndine camps..."

The underground city of Silverthorne's domain consisted of large nests, and weak workers springing Houndine from their birth places. Dragons gripped onto treasures and malleable woodwork to deliver to the Queen, growing the horrific area by the day. It was a plague, rather than an empire.

"And after he wasteland of broken wood and stone...he would have to surpass the large vanguard of Drakes and Whelps defending the radius...," Thief continued, and put his hand on his hair, "I've sent him to his death"

The wizard smiled, "I feel his body still moving...his heart still running," The mage exclaimed, "Hall might not be the greatest warrior...but he has a heart of solid plate..."

Thief smiled back, and nodded. His fear had now been cleansed by the Mage's speaking once again. Men could learn many things from Elves such as these, he thought.

"Well then Master Thief, the council is waiting for us" The wizard mused, and walked towards the palace. He grinned, and followed. As the wizard walked into his quarters, the Thief continued to look at the stars. They were scattered like sand on wind, spotting light amongst the night sky. And following a path of the stars, the human could trace a constellation. Smiling, he placed his hand back on the stone rail, "The Gharafox Pheonix...the sign of swiftness" The thief sighed, "I would go across the lands to grasp the ancient's unreachable power..."

The great palace reflected fire light on its columns. Banners were tied on the tops, its emblem in the shape of a icy mountain. A cold throne perched on many steps, clutched into the marble like tar on rock. The sober touch affected the great stonework, for it was a vast hall, filled with drunken men and spilled tables. Pubs, bakeries, all sung and danced. Elves kicked their feet on tables, men chanted songs about war and ale.

It would be hard to find the council members, but their shadows faded as the thief noticed them. Scattered through out the palace, they varied in shape and size. Some, Wood Elves of the west, to Tauren of the south. All came here to have one last party after the brink of war. It was far from a cleansing, rather a game. Shameful to the past, councilmen alike forgot the once elegant meeting. Now, it is a messy fight for decision. Why this is, is simple to most. The Great Council had not meet in many years, long before the Silverthorne siege and the age of Houndine.

The wise wizard, now irritated from the naive council members, grunted as he gripped his throne. Perched to the side of the Kings Throne, the wizard seemed to be a steward of the high lord. And he was. By showing this, he began the council meeting.

"Silence!" He shouted, clearing dust from his growing beard. Noticing that no soul inthe room had heard him, he drew out his long staff. Carved with bark and white wood, the staff would harness great amounts of magical essence. And as it was raised towards the ceiling, the wizard released a large sonic clash. Covered with white light, the spell caused everything to stop in motion. Drunks dropped their cups, gamblers released their chips. The wizard grumbled, and sat back on his large seat.
"My friends from distant lands!" His voice began to dim down, "You are gathered here today for one purpose and one purpose only,"
The light wizard put his two hands on the ends of the Throne's arm rests, "Form the Allegience we once possessed...bring light to this dark landscape!"

A tall Elf, dressed in an elegant robe hiding his large blade, put his feet off the wooden table. Smashing his pint of ale on the surface of the table, his browns rose down, "And when do you suppose we form this army?...we are clearly outnumbered by force and arms!"
Many other lords agreed. Arguing over their problems and doubts, they began to stand up and fight amongst one another. Many were low on fighters, others dieing out from dark plagues. The nations that once were fertile were now graveyards waiting to come.

Thief fixated on the king, and grunted with disbelief. The warrior tightened his sword's sheath, and walked towards the throne. His leather boots clambered on the marble floor, but were unheard by the fighting men. The king, drifting away in a long sleep, was interrupted by the statement, "It will begin in the fullness of time," Thief exclaimed, and drew out his sword. beaming with light and hidden majesty, the sharp blade noticed to the Lords, "Yet I fear that if we do not come as one, the reason is useless. Unless you can overcome Her forces alone, if you deny my Allegiance, you will be reduced to no more than a skull on a post."

The Minotaur Chieftain, now with a longer beard, let out a slight laugh, "It has been three years since my empire's horn has been blown!" His large face turned to the thief, and his eyes became more stern, "Half of the men I see here have raided my homelands...taken my people...slaughtered them!"
Thief could tell that the strong creature focused on him as blame, but was appalled the Chieftain did not reveal it.

"Then let us end our nations starvation!" Thief shouted. Kings around the tables began to shake their heads, and sink into their ale with disbelief.

"You fool!" A Dwarven lord exclaimed, "We are outnumbered, out-strategized, outwit!"

"But we are not out of hope!" Thief exclaimed, and faded his anger. Sitting on a wooden chair across from the throne, he stabbed his blade on the marble floor, "Nevertheless...I will ride to Bowerstone and I will kill Silverthorne. Who would ride with me?"

The crowd of legends sat on their crooked seats, refraining from answering. Thief could only shake his head, and leave his long sword implanted on the ground as he walked away. As the large gate slowly closed, Lords began to speak again. Drinking games continued, and the wise elves on the throne discussed. The aging wizard, now disappointed, put his hand on his face.

The weary thief buckled the leather saddle on his steed, smoking his pipe and humming a tune. Looking at the dark sky, he could smell the ash flowing throughout the air, the thousand knives stabbing at your lungs. It was only a taste of what Bowerstone possessed. If darkness came to him, it would be great evil where he was heading. The snow below him rose up along his feet, warning him of the trail ahead. The stars above him showed his past, a striking sword on a scale, a desperate boy running away, a thief holding up a mighty sword. It was all fable, he thought. It was all lies. He couldn't be a hero; he was just a mere assassin who got into the wrong boots at the wrong time.

Hearing a voice in the distance, Thief turned his head. It was the wise old wizard, stroking his long beard that covered his Elvish ears, "I would suggest not heading in that direction"

Humble and grinning, the mage stood in front of hundreds of captains and generals, whom followed him towards the thief, "Not alone you won't..." The wizard mused.

(This chapter wasn't that much, but I hope it was a good start for part 2 :cool:)

(Accidental double post):lol: