• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lionhead New "Revolution" Web Page

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Lionhead New "Revolution" Web Page

Lionhead changed it's main website today It now starts with a flash image of Che Guevara with the quote
"At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love.

Choosing thumbs up or thumbs down leads you to the following two pages
icon14.gif
http://www.lionhead.com/Followers.aspx
icon13.gif
http://www.lionhead.com/Subjects.aspx

How about we read way more into the words Followers and Subjects :w00t:

Using my overactive imagination I'm picturing a new DLC "Revolution" where the people of Albion attempt to overthrow you, the "King"

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: Lionhead New "Revolution" Web Page

That's really stupid in my opinion, they took a great figure in history who did all of these great things to free people etc and they made him the poster boy for a gaming company?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

It is a bit cheesy

There is also a big 6 in the background which some have suggested is the number of days until gamescom GDC Europe is Monday though so who knows. It will be interesting to see if the number changes tomorrow.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

all i can say is

wtf

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yea thats kind of desecrating to che guevarra. that guy was the man as long as he wasn't in the least associated with fable. now that it's happened it just ruined it. like totally.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Uh, just so you'd know, no one said that this was related to Fable. It might be an entirely new game, or even just a prank. You never know.

Cain

Reaction score

Why would they make a game about Che. Its just a publicity act.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Wow they did change it! now it has a quote from Maximilien Robespierre

maximilienrobespierre.jpg

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Albion Knight;328709 said:
Lionhead changed it's main website today It now starts with a flash image of Che Guevara with the quote

Choosing thumbs up or thumbs down leads you to the following two pages
icon14.gif
http://www.lionhead.com/Followers.aspx
icon13.gif
http://www.lionhead.com/Subjects.aspx

How about we read way more into the words Followers and Subjects :w00t:

Using my overactive imagination I'm picturing a new DLC "Revolution" where the people of Albion attempt to overthrow you, the "King"

Interesting. I would probably hope for DLC (hmm, maybe your kid decides to overthow your ass?), but I'm suspicious that it's nothing Fable-y.

Shirosaki;328710 said:
That's really stupid in my opinion, they took a great figure in history who did all of these great things to free people etc and they made him the poster boy for a gaming company?

Sorry, but I have a fairly low opinion of A) Communism and B) People who run the appeals process and firing squads for "revolutionary tribunals."

Robspierre was big on revolutionary justice, too, and I also have a low opinion of him. Does the term "guillotine" bring anything to mind? Howsabout "Reign of Terror?"

Does this perhaps tell us something about the tenor of a revolution if it WERE Fable DLC?

Unfortunately, it doesn't really tell us anything except that they're counting down to something that they probably think is revolutionary. And bloody, presumably.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Walker;329138 said:
Interesting. I would probably hope for DLC (hmm, maybe your kid decides to overthow your ass?), but I'm suspicious that it's nothing Fable-y.

Sorry, but I have a fairly low opinion of A) Communism and B) People who run the appeals process and firing squads for "revolutionary tribunals."

Robspierre was big on revolutionary justice, too, and I also have a low opinion of him. Does the term "guillotine" bring anything to mind? Howsabout "Reign of Terror?"

Does this perhaps tell us something about the tenor of a revolution if it WERE Fable DLC?

Unfortunately, it doesn't really tell us anything except that they're counting down to something that they probably think is revolutionary. And bloody, presumably.
It has its problems as does everything else.

communism.jpg

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

They are trying to overhype the next dlc and promising us greatness that should have been in the last dlc, that is the secret meaning beneath these quotes lol

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Albion Knight;329101 said:
Wow they did change it! now it has a quote from Maximilien Robespierre

Hm, it just might be a Fable II DLC, in that case. The time period is pretty much spot on in that regard. It could also be something larger than a DLC; maybe an expansion? You know, Fable II's version of TLC?

We'll know more when they fill us in, I guess.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;329185 said:
Hm, it just might be a Fable II DLC, in that case. The time period is pretty much spot on in that regard. It could also be something larger than a DLC; maybe an expansion? You know, Fable II's version of TLC?

We'll know more when they fill us in, I guess.

Nah, I doubt that the selection of Robspierre for the second quote is really a hint at anything like that. After all, the first quote was from Guevara, and he lived in the 20th century.

SimonSays

Reaction score

This is really weird but I think I know what Lionhead are up to!
They are making decisions based on what we choose! Like today they have a picture of Abraham Lincoln saying, 'Do not be deceived. Revolutions do not go backwards'. So if you choose thumbs up they may choose to make the game set in a later date than fable 2 was in and choose thumbs down will have the opposite effect.
And I am sure you all noticed a number beside each famous firgure, anyone thought about a countdown? It is probably counting down to the announcement or game play video of either DLC or Fable 3.

But also, notice both of them talk about revolutions as well as that outfit Murgo gave you was of the American Revolution, I think(Don't blame if that's wrong, I'm British). So probably has something to do with that.

!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!

And at the end of See the Future the vision was of a king and Theresa mentioned you're unborn baby, well, maybe in Fable 3 or new DLC you will play that baby or become king or maybe be you will have the choice to be a ruler like Abraham or Revolutionist like Che Guevara in DLC or Fable 3!
Or it's a publicity stunt to get us thinking!

!!!!!!Spoiler Over!!!!!!

So in conclusion it will either be them trying to make decisions off the choices we choose or they will give us the choice to become a revolutionist or leader and the big number beside them is a countdown!

Only time will tell....

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

What the hell? o_O

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

SimonSays;329347 said:
They are making decisions based on what we choose! Like today they have a picture of Abraham Lincoln saying, 'Do not be deceived. Revolutions do not go backwards'. So if you choose thumbs up they may choose to make the game set in a later date than fable 2 was in and choose thumbs down will have the opposite effect.
And I am sure you all noticed a number beside each famous firgure, anyone thought about a countdown? It is probably counting down to the announcement or game play video of either DLC or Fable 3.

But also, notice both of them talk about revolutions as well as that outfit Murgo gave you was of the American Revolution, I think(Don't blame if that's wrong, I'm British). So probably has something to do with that.

!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!

And at the end of See the Future the vision was of a king and Theresa mentioned you're unborn baby, well, maybe in Fable 3 or new DLC you will play that baby or become king or maybe be you will have the choice to be a ruler like Abraham or Revolutionist like Che Guevara in DLC or Fable 3!

!!!!!!Spoiler Over!!!!!!

So in conclusion it will either be them trying to make decisions off the choices we choose or they will give us the choice to become a revolutionist or leader and the big number beside them is a countdown!

Only time will tell....

Simon, to do spoilers, then do [noparse]
INSERT TEXT HERE
[/noparse]

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

SimonSays;329347 said:

!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!Spoiler Over!!!!!!

Only time will tell....

No, I don't think which side anyone chooses actually matters, since you can choose either or both as much as you want.

Yes, we've already talked about the countdown.

I feel free to blame you for being wrong. Damnit, man, you're BRITISH and the company that makes the game is ALSO British, and it didn't occur to you that a red uniform and a guy named "Welley" were references to Arthur Wellesley, first duke Wellington, your general in the Napoleonic Wars?

And yes, I am hoping, though I doubt it, that we will get some revolution-oriented DLC. Though my guess would be that we'll be the king.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I believe that it is a count down to a new game to be announced at gamescom on Tuesday. Either it will be a revolutionary game or it will be a game about revolutions. Hoping for the latter but leaning towards the former.
Here is today's screenshot.
lincon.jpg

Dentie

Reaction score

Maybe its about project natal because thats a revolution for gaming.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I REALLY hope it's not Natal, but I am leaning towards it being a new game, not DLC. I just WISH it were DLC.