• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Location and Year of Fable 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Location and Year of Fable 3?

^That's a plausible theory.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Necromancer11;352305 said:
But that second usage for the word earth came from our planet's name. Dirt is a part of the Earth, so people started to call it earth, at least in the english language. If we all began life on Mars, we'd be using mars as a synonym for dirt.

Actually, no. Earth the planet came from earth the dirt, after passing through earth as opposed to heaven/hell/spiritual world. So for the planet to be called Aurora, they'd have to call their dirt aurora.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Walker;352345 said:
So for the planet to be called Aurora, they'd have to call their dirt aurora.

That's exactly what I'm saying. That's why the planet can't be called Aurora.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

That etymology may or may not stand only in English-- I don't know-- but it isn't a guarantee. I mean, we don't call our planet "Dirt," now do we? Or "Soil." Or any of the other synonyms. What the name ends up being is utterly random.

I mean, it COULD be Aurora, if... I don't know, the people referred to their world as the aurora because it was the dawn between the light of heaven and the dark of hell. Or something.

Etymology is a bad argument here, I think. I was just pointing out there that your etymology was false, because I'm persnickety that way.

KAWAiiCHiBiX3

Reaction score

Walker;352269 said:
Not even going to ask how luminescent watch faces are especially relevant to anything. (only joking. I'm sure you meant radiation. Even though I'm not sure how THAT's relevant either. Though you problably meant "nuclear power," though again I'm not sure it's terribly relevant.)

Heh, I meant to say uranium.

And it was a referance to (forgot their name)'s point on how the future could end if there's a nuclear WWIII.

Sorry for the confusion ;)

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

In response to the OP, an old post of mine basically sums up my opinion on the whole deal.

Given the architectural style and fashion of the day, it's a safe bet to assume that Fable II took place during the mid- to late-1700s. My theory is that the game ends in the Albion equivalent of ~1760. Fifty years later would make Fable III take place during the 1810s, which coincides with Peter Molyneux's remark about Fable III resembling the Napoleonic Era, which lasted between 1799 and 1815.

Anyway, as for the significance of Aurora, my idea is that it's the planet itself, though admittedly Aurora is an unusual name for a planet. Then again, it could be any number of things: the planet, a person, some sort of life-giving will, or hell, even the entire universe.

Owrm

Reaction score

God, I'm tired of all the READ YOUR PAST SAVES ZOMGES! of new sequels. Seriously. It ruins consistent lore, and makes an incomprehensible time line and if your a reasonable person than a sequel that has a reason to read past saves to decide the game, than you would have multiple characters. Which means they would have to have a way for you to decide which saves to use for which characters your starting.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Maybe they'll just ask you? Not everything has to be automated you know.

JackOfCheese

Reaction score

I heard that you WOULD BE your character in fable 2, and the game would load from your previous fable 2 saves.

JackOfCheese

Reaction score

that thing about Aurora being the planet, i posted something bout that but as usual no one cared :(

Status
Not open for further replies.