• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LucasArts closed, Star Wars 1313 and First Assault could be cancelled

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
star-wars-1313-hd-wallpaper-2.jpg

We all knew it was too good to be true when we first laid eyes on the excellent looking Star Wars 1313 (an adult themed Star Wars title) however after LucasArts was closed today it seems it may never see the light of day.

Official Statement
After evaluating our position in the games market, we’ve decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company’s risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games.
As a result of this change, we’ve had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles.
However the really bad news is that Kotaku is reporting that 150 people have been laid off and Star Wars 1313 along with Star Wars: First Assault have been cancelled.
LINK
**EDIT A LucasArts rep says the game could be saved...**
LINK

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Awwwww. :-(

Seriously, some of my favorite games came from LucasArts.

Well. That's not true. Rouge Squadron came from LucasArts.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Awwwww. :-(

Seriously, some of my favorite games came from LucasArts.

Well. That's not true. Rouge Squadron came from LucasArts.

There were some gems in the masses of mediocre titles but still a shame to see what was looking like their first title with promise for some time disappear in this manner.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I didn't really know that much about 1313, but I was still looking forward to it. I hope it does get resurrected.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't really know that much about 1313, but I was still looking forward to it. I hope it does get resurrected.

It just seemed darker than most Star Wars titles to date & more aimed towards adult audiences which was appealing. A couple of sources have said that although it may not be fully dead there is little to no chance of it being outsourced.

Kotaku said:
Disney is saying their current games could be licensed out to a different publisher or developer, but according to our source, that's unlikely. Our source says Lucas has pursued the option for "one or both games," but nothing happened. "With the teams now basically being dispersed I think both games are effectively dead forever," our source said.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
They should've focused on reviving the point and click adventure genre. It was what got them started, and I bet it would've saved the company if they had released one true to the genre (none of these 3d abominations like the recent Monkey Island titles).

Instead they choose to milk the already dead Star Wars franchise...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They should've focused on reviving the point and click adventure genre. It was what got them started, and I bet it would've saved the company if they had released one true to the genre (none of these 3d abominations like the recent Monkey Island titles).

Instead they choose to milk the already dead Star Wars franchise...

They put all their eggs in one basket with Star Wars The Old Republic & it cost so much to develop it was never going to recoup its costs. An MMO was a pretty silly move & one that quickly had to bring out a F2P option to keep subscribers coming after numbers started to drop. I always wanted a new KoTOR title, I would have paid for that for sure.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Porque, Disney?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Glimmer of hope in the edited link.

Glimmer of hope, indeed. I hope someone great picks it up and does it justice, or whatever they have planned for the title.

I haven't felt so disheartened since I heard Kingdoms Of Amalur would never get a sequel. Sad times.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Glimmer of hope, indeed. I hope someone great picks it up and does it justice, or whatever they have planned for the title.

I haven't felt so disheartened since I heard Kingdoms Of Amalur would never get a sequel. Sad times.

Just a shame that most sources dont see them outsourcing it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Indeed, that sucked. Kingdoms of Amalur is one of the most underrated games I can think of, and it is one of my very favorite RPGs. However...this is just...I don't have words to describe how horrible this is.

Disney, you've effectively torn out my soul. I'm going to sneak into the movie theater when episode 7 comes out just so that you don't get any of my god damn money.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Disney, you've effectively torn out my soul. I'm going to sneak into the movie theater when episode 7 comes out just so that you don't get any of my god damn money.

Don't say that, then you're stealing from the movie theater. Pirate the movie instead, so you only rob Disney and everyone else who worked on the movie.

I honestly cannot bring myself to remember any "good" game from this studio. However, I do hope that the fired developers will find new workplaces.

ROUGE SQUADRON WAS THE SHIZNIT, YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I shall have fond memories of the Jedi Knight series & KoTOR series.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Don't say that, then you're stealing from the movie theater. Pirate the movie instead, so you only rob Disney and everyone else who worked on the movie.

Well I stream movies online anyway (I actually don't know if my methods of doing so are illegal, but it doesn't really matter to me). I'll end up doing that with Star Wars once it's out on DVD and whatnot, but if I pirate it when it's still in the theaters, I'm going to end up with a crappy bootlegged version. And it's not like the theater is actually losing money if I sneak in. They just don't get that extra $10 that they would have gotten if I had bought a ticket. They're not physically losing anything if I view the movie for free.

I shall have fond memories of the Jedi Knight series & KoTOR series.

Indeed. That plus Battlefront (1 & 2) and Republic Commando. Also, I know The Force Unleashed series didn't tickle many fancies, but they're still amazing to me.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Knights of the old republic and the apprentice ones were awesome.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
And it's not like the theater is actually losing money if I sneak in. They just don't get that extra $10 that they would have gotten if I had bought a ticket. They're not physically losing anything if I view the movie for free.

Dude, seriously? They're providing a service, not as a benefit to the public, but because they're running a business. You taking that service without paying the required fee for obtaining it is absolutely stealing it. And you sneaking into the theater to spite Disney is, in fact, spiting the movie theater and not Disney. And you're just kind a dick all around.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Dude, seriously? They're providing a service, not as a benefit to the public, but because they're running a business. You taking that service without paying the required fee for obtaining it is absolutely stealing it. And you sneaking into the theater to spite Disney is, in fact, spiting the movie theater and not Disney. And you're just kind a dick all around.

I don't really feel like getting into an argument about what falls under the category of stealing because I find semantics to be relatively useless much of the time. You may call it stealing if you wish. I won't have a problem with that, nor will I tell you that you're wrong. What I said, and what I meant, was that the theater is not physically losing anything if I view the movie for free. Nor does it even matter. Any kind of company in the entertainment business, like movie theater companies, have a butt load of money already. They can take a few people sneaking in without paying.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
They have the maintenance cost of the equipment to cover, for one. As Walker said, it is different from downloading a movie.