• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Man dies playing video game..:(....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Man dies playing video game..:(....

A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

LINK...

F

flamingsquirrel

Re: Man dies playing video game..:(....

wow.....sucks to be him, though he couldent have thought he could play for 50 hrs without health reprocussoins?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;25106 said:
wow.....sucks to be him, though he couldent have thought he could play for 50 hrs without health reprocussoins?

Maybe he ate a whole bunch before he started his gaming binge? o_O;

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Those silly people...tsk tsk tsk... I hope this won't be another flame of gaming. I mean, what activity would you not die of if you did it for 50 hours straight?

F

flamingsquirrel

I'm lazy and I have to say, I dought I could sit on ass for 50 hrs, even with how big it is!

I know you play halo 2 online for 14 hrs strait, that is untill your freinds parent unplug the xbox :(

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;25109 said:
Those silly people...tsk tsk tsk... I hope this won't be another flame of gaming. I mean, what activity would you not die of if you did it for 50 hours straight?

yeah that would suck. :(

D

Darkside Hazuki

Hasn't this happened a few times before already? Sheesh. If only they'd used common sense... It's a shame.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

We've actually had quite a few of these cases up here in Sweden and alot of complaining about gaming was brought up, and some dudes from the goverment and whattanot came to my school and talked about how we should game less because of these risks. Bollocks I thought and I said:

"Shouldn't you guys warn us about exercising and and going to the gym too?"

They just looked at me as if I was crazy, when I said:

"Well if you do those so-called healthy activites for these extreme amount of times as the people that died from gaming did, wouldn't you die too?"

If someone is stupid enough to see pass their needs to eat, sleep and drink to do anything is an idiot - be the activity gaming or not.

In this case, don't blame the game, blame the idiotic player.

F

flamingsquirrel

yeah pretty much, at least we can agree on that. although fitness is important, if you justsit around youll turn into a peter jackson before the diet...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Must have been at least the 14th korean ive heard die like this, they are true games addicts!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;25160 said:
Must have been at least the 14th korean ive heard die like this, they are true games addicts!

Yeah, you have to admire their dedication to the fine art of gaming.

F

flamingsquirrel

I know someone who is in korea right now teaching secret martail arts schools... north and south BTW

P

Poppycock

interesting but quite off topic ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;25160 said:

hahahah.:D

H

Hexadecimal

I think it's kind of sad that this guy's social network was so lacking that nobody noticed he'd been gone for 50 hours. and if it got that bad, he must have been leading up to it before then bit by bit. shouldnt' somebody have noticed that he'd been gaming instead of eating and sleeping?
...that's why my consoles are right next to my beer fridge, so I can always get all my nutrients, and pass out easily when I'm done...

P

Poppycock

i bet hes in heaven looking at all the people who died in a car crash or got shot and there like "howed u die?" and hes like "oh i played video games"

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;25243 said:
...that's why my consoles are right next to my beer fridge, so I can always get all my nutrients, and pass out easily when I'm done...

All snuggled down in bed, beer in one hand, PS2 controller in the other and my laptop in my lap - that's life. :p

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;25243 said:
I think it's kind of sad that this guy's social network was so lacking that nobody noticed he'd been gone for 50 hours. and if it got that bad, he must have been leading up to it before then bit by bit. shouldnt' somebody have noticed that he'd been gaming instead of eating and sleeping?

I don't think he was home. It said that his family was looking for him and that someone found him and he said he would go home after he was done playing.

H

Hexadecimal

Tsuyu;25251 said:
All snuggled down in bed, beer in one hand, PS2 controller in the other and my laptop in my lap - that's life. :p

hehehehe
exactly :lol: ..
so maybe that was that guy's problem, he wasn't drinking enough. I hear that can kill you, though I've never been mad enough to try it myself...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I think you can go on for a few weeks without food, but only a few days without water...So probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.