• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

mmo

Archon'sRage

Reaction score
Re: mmo

pPLnOmE;339294 said:
Runes of Magic is easy to lvl, as lvling up is quest-based.

Archlord, well.... It took me over 3 months of non-stop grinding to get to lvl 60....

Archlord has limited char customization, and Runes of Magic has some pretty good custom char designs.

sorry to ask so many questions but which ones is like most rewarding and gives a sense of accomplishment?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

The one I`ve stuck to is LIneage 2. It`s pretty much a grindfest (it`s Korean, duh), but a little better. There`s also lots and lots of private servers around (and I understand they aren`t all illegal).

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Archon'sRage;339296 said:
sorry to ask so many questions but which ones is like most rewarding and gives a sense of accomplishment?

archlord, like when i was a lvl 60, I would always chill in the PvP arena and pwn people all day long, plus the armor gets more and more bad-ass the higher lvl u get, same with the weps,

Runes, well, they didnt have too many idea for weps and clothing, but it has dungeons and guild wars, and other stuff that makes it pretty fun, and I have a lvl 44 Mage (lvl cap JUST got increased to lvl 55, it WAS 50 before) and when I run noobs through dungeons it feels nice having the power that I have.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

um, the biggest problems are finding the free and non anime style all in one.
Several suggestions

Granado Espada - it's a western style RPG similar to WoW. It's currently being run as a beta, but is free and does not look like anime. Also, it's set in a sort of industrial revolution era so people are using cutlasses and flintlock rifles.
http://www.mmoginfo.com/pc/Granado_Espada/index.html

Knight Online - Again, western style RPG in the style of WoW and Granado Espada. It's free, has a large player base (many of whom speak portuguese), and is set in a country comperable to WoW featuring and Orc and Human race selection varying in gender and class.
http://knightonlineworld.gamersfirst.com/download_client.php

i'll post more when they come to mind, but both of those are free to download and free to play, so hopefully you find what you were looking for :)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I think Knight Online has some anime art in it... So a no. And Runescape is free, but I don't like it much anymore, and you've already tried it. Fixed prices, the can fix up the economy in it, etc.

I've heard a lot of good from guild wars, and since it is a one time fee only, why not? You could try the trial as Daemon said. I might do the same some time.

And as much as WoW is probably one of the best MMORPG's out there, the 14 bucks of month is a big kick in the teeth, so that one is a nono. And buying all those expansions is another kick in the teeth.

So in all, either check out pPLnOmE's link or go for GW's trial. The game is fairly cheap now, so why the hell not?

EDIT: Ninja'd. And cheez, they used to have no anime art, but they are starting to. Like this little annoying bastard called Max. Little anime boy who pops up and is freakin' annoying.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Skotekal;339304 said:
And as much as WoW is probably one of the best MMORPG's out there, the 14 bucks of month is a big kick in the teeth, so that one is a nono. And buying all those expansions is another kick in the teeth.

What about those free wow servers? are they legel and all? What seems interesting about archlord is that some guy can be a god for 21 days :3

guild wars, i don't know and seeing there's no other fee seems good but it's gonna be hard to find it retail here in france :/

granado espada sounds cool but i prefer up close with swords and stuff.

knight online: Portuguese? i don't know the art style doesn't appeal to me.

i don't know so i think it now boils down to this:

wow private server, guild wars(trial atleast) archlord, and runes.

H

HoshiAkari

Archon'sRage;339296 said:

I've played both Runes of Magic and Archlord, but I prefer RoM cause it plays nicely, the cities aren't that far apart (like in many other mmos i know of) it's easy to level, and there are so many quests to do that I never had to 'grind' during my time of playing it. Plus, there are guild castles that you can build, (like full-blown castles) and you can fight in other guild's castles. New races and classes are being added in the next chapter, plus a whole new section. (Hooray!) Mind you, I don't play RoM anymore cause my computer coughs and sputters when I do so.

Anyways, I recommend RoM if you're looking for a satisfying free-MMO. Btw, the graphics are cartoonyish similar to WoW.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :'( WoW private servers suck. Really, they do. I tried playing one and everywhere I went there was lag, no matter where I was.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Archon'sRage;339307 said:

Granado Espada = Sword of the New World ( I think it`s GE in Asia or it was during beta), read what I wrote about it earlier. It has great melee, one of the best I`ve seen in MMORPGs - you have one char who can pole, dual-wield, use swords, sabres, pistols, two handed swords, sword+pistol... plus the skills look cool - they are actually melee moves and combos, not some magical, flashy energy-powered super strikes; not to mention daggers and martial arts. And the "ranger" class is turned into a cool musketeer class.
It`s not been beta for a long time now, at least 2 years if I remember correctly, just that the Korean server is a few updates ahead of the English one. It looks stunning - both the style and graphics.
Give it a try, I bet you`ll be sucked into it at least for a while.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

it has melee classes in it. they just have musketeers as a ranged class alternative like any other mmo. just clarifying :lol:
whatever you decide

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

TRA Rotid;339312 said:
Granado Espada = Sword of the New World ( I think it`s GE in Asia or it was during beta), read what I wrote about it earlier. It has great melee, one of the best I`ve seen in MMORPGs - you have one char who can pole, dual-wield, use swords, sabres, pistols, two handed swords, sword+pistol... plus the skills look cool - they are actually melee moves and combos, not some magical, flashy energy-powered super strikes; not to mention daggers and martial arts. And the "ranger" class is turned into a cool musketeer class.
It`s not been beta for a long time now, at least 2 years if I remember correctly, just that the Korean server is a few updates ahead of the English one. It looks stunning - both the style and graphics.
Give it a try, I bet you`ll be sucked into it at least for a while.
might try it then :/ but not right now.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

What about those free wow servers? are they legel and all? What seems interesting about archlord is that some guy can be a god for 21 days :3

guild wars, i don't know and seeing there's no other fee seems good but it's gonna be hard to find it retail here in france :/

knight online: Portuguese? i don't know the art style doesn't appeal to me.

i don't know so i think it now boils down to this:

wow private server, guild wars(trial atleast) archlord, and runes.

in Archlord, When you become the Archlord, more like IF you become the Archlord, If you die by any player, you are no longer the Archlord. but If you know the Archlord skills good enough (The Archlord gets his OWN set of god-like skills) then no one can stop you. Becoming the Archlord is no easy feat, you must be in a large powerful guild, you HAVE to be a Castle Lord (again being a Castle Lord is hard as hell too) then you must defeat ALL of the other Castle Lords, then You must defeat the Boss Decain (the Archlord's right hand man) And he is a giant, and a bitch.

As for the WoW free servers.... they are Private servers, meaning someone set it up using Heidi-SQL and MYSQL, then made it local using Hamachi or some other program I forgot. But I'm quite sure it is legal, and if it isn't who cares, the one who hosted and created the server would take the fall not the players. But ALOT of Private WoW servers have alot of bug issues, there are a select few that run pretty good.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

i hate runescape, i hate WOW..

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

this game has good graphics, is free, u get to fly.. u only have to pay for clothing which do nothing and mounts, but u can buy mounts for money u make in the game " coins ".

its also lets u get a tiger/wolf/lion/panda ( LOL ) Man and elfs and huamns. i play it all da time at nite

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

I HATE Perfect world International, when I 1st downloaded it, I thought it was gonna be sweet. but when it finished and I actually got to play, It sucked. The gameplay is choppy, hardcore. Sure some of the armor and stuff looks alright, but just that sloppy game play motion turns me off of that game immediately.

H

HoshiAkari

Yeah, I tried playing Perfect World as well, and what really got to me right away was how slow I leveled, and how far away everything was.

'50 monsters later'. Congratulations! You have achieved level 2!
"Well okay, better go to that blacksmith in town and buy me that new armour! :D"
'An hour later'
"phew, finally arrived. Wait, I have to do a quest before I can buy from this guy?"

Then I quit. ^_^

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Get off your lazy ass and get a job, and pay for WoW or whatever yourself.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Or... Your best bet is to stay away from MMO's altogether. I've already lost 2 months of my life to WoW. Then I decided that I could spend 14 bucks a month on something more useful that sucking my life out. I think it only got about half my soul. The rest is intact. I think.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

lol **** u, PWI is great.

and FUUUCCKk wow, if u wanna PAY for a game pay for AION... trust me.. u get more bang for ur buck PLUS if u pay 15 bucks for a month.. u have to play the WHOLE month say if u stop for 2 weeks and only played for 1 day.. u will still have 3 weeks and 6 days left

and the sloppy gameplay or graphic glitches u get, u need to turn Sofen on and it will remove them..

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

Evil Scarecrow;339402 said:
if u wanna PAY for a game pay for AION

I would, but I doubt my computer could handle it, I was waiting for that game to come out forever, then I realized my comp probably won't be able to run it good.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Did you try Guild Wars?