• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My religious choice, your options.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
My religious choice, your options.

READ: DO NOT MAKE THIS INTO AN ARGUEMENT PLEASE!

Now that that's over with... My parents and a few of my friends know that I am no longer Christian, I find myself personaly in spiritual matters: My own man, I will find out eventually, probably not until death, almost deffinately till death... But in the philisophical area I follow (Not divinely) The teachings of LaVey...

Now here is my question:
I want to advertise myself as something out of the ordinary (In my 96% christian and affiliated religion state) so even though its a deception... What for shock value should I advertise myself as? I said I was Satanist alot before, and that was REALLY fun... So... Should I use that again... Or go with Wiccan or what? Your thoughts please... Leave your Idea and thats all, I dont want anybody saying anything about a religion, and I dont want any thing like that k. ;)

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Re: My religious choice, your options.

satanichristian?

Keelee.Hamomin

Lovable Lunatic
Reaction score

Well, I don't think wiccan would be the right choice. Because Wicca and Paganism have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity or Satanism.

Go with what you associate yourself with most. If that is Satanism, be a Satanist. Or you could be a spiritualist (if you want to go for as general as possible..) But as for shock value... you won't get much better than Satanist. Just please don't use Wiccan or Pagan if you follow a more satanist point of view. We get enough crap as it is. The general public does not need to be misslead and confused more then they already are...

Know what I mean? Torches and pitchforks are already pointed in my general direction... I only recently convinced my family Paganism is not Satanism...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

If someone asks your religion, say nothing, since you follow the philosophy of LeVay (your own words). Say that you follow the philosophy of Anton LeVay, but not the spiritual side.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Yeah... But that is not to shocking.

Keelee.Hamomin;290718 said:
Well, I don't think wiccan would be the right choice. Because Wicca and Paganism have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity or Satanism.

Go with what you associate yourself with most. If that is Satanism, be a Satanist. Or you could be a spiritualist (if you want to go for as general as possible..) But as for shock value... you won't get much better than Satanist. Just please don't use Wiccan or Pagan if you follow a more satanist point of view. We get enough crap as it is. The general public does not need to be misslead and confused more then they already are...

Know what I mean? Torches and pitchforks are already pointed in my general direction... I only recently convinced my family Paganism is not Satanism...

Oh yeah true... I deffinately dont want another dark age *gulp*

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Edit: on second thought, I will delete my previous message as it may cause argument and we don`t want that...

Advertise yourself as a shocker then - you seem to want to shock people.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'd rather you not say you're a Satanist when you're not. Its sorta.... offensive, to us real Satanists.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Well like I said, I follow the philosophy, just I believe there is some entity out there.... And it isn't like I am saying "I place a curse on you that LaVey's pet snake will eat you" I am just thinking of when people ask what to say... Because saying your a freelance belief raises many more questions than a pre-made religion, you know?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Firis;290739 said:
^Yeah... But that is not to shocking.

Well if you're only saying that to shock people when you tell them, then you're an idiot. I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at, but that's how it came accross.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

if you advertise yourself as pagan you might make a few ignorant people raise an eyebrow.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^True...

Arseface;290769 said:
Well if you're only saying that to shock people when you tell them, then you're an idiot. I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at, but that's how it came accross.

Well, I am MAINLY doing it to shock people, but saying I was Satanist would semi-align with me and prove shoxking aswell.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Firis;290772 said:
Well, I am MAINLY doing it to shock people, but saying I was Satanist would semi-align with me and prove shoxking aswell.

Then pardon my french, but you're a tosser. Your religious beliefs should be for you, and not just to try and shock conservatives by calling yourself something that has, from what I see, a misleading name anyway.

H

Hexen_Harlot

This... is incredibly pointless. I like you firis but you just made two threads Blade Mr DK-worthy in their failitude. It's this kind of **** that gets goths kicked to death just for walking through a park. Do not want.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Goths aren't Satanists o_O Failhardy. ..? :)

H

Hexen_Harlot

I know that asstard, I'm referring to him doing stuff he doesn't believe in to shock people.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

That doesnt make him a goth or a satanist o_O

H

Hexen_Harlot

Read the original post. And stop following me, cuz I'm going to the dyke brothel next and you're not welcome

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

No need to to be an asshole about it.

And hey, at least Firis is livening up the forums. Recently the lower section has been fairly dead. No arguments, nothing.

And just explain this Satanism, apparently it isn't what it sounds like... So I am intrigued.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Stop being an asshole? Sophie Lancaster got kicked int he head until she died for being a goth. I don't want to be the next one.

To me Satanism as a religion seems pretty swiggins, it seems to involve a lot of indulging the sins of the flesh ;)

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Dont generalise things like one person being killed because of who they are. Africans die every day, in fact in the world loads of people die every day. I dont say "Dont breathe, you're only going to die anyway." There are thousands of goths out there, chavs get killed and so do other "labels" of people. If you're the victim of a hate crime, then sure it's bad. But it happens. So dont call me an asshole for wondering why you're assuming firis is a satanist goth on a trip to being killed or something.

And about the fail thing, you started it so dont be defensive and try and flip the assholing on me. You're the one who goes around to other people telling them that they fail because of their grammar or because their thread isn't very appealing.

That's enough of my ranting anyway.