• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My religious choice, your options.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: My religious choice, your options.

To Hexen and Arse: I + DO + FOLLOW + THE + TEACHINGS + OF + LAVEY!! = Get it in your head, I follow that but I was wondering what to say I was, my religious beliefs ARE for me, and I am not just joining a fad, I want to open the minds of people, when I called myself Satanist before it got alot of questions such as "Why?" and "Whats that about?" see what I mean?

And to Hexen... What was my other failthread and where did I mention Gothdom in general in here until this post?

Skotekal;290798 said:
No need to to be an asshole about it.

And hey, at least Firis is livening up the forums. Recently the lower section has been fairly dead. No arguments, nothing.

And just explain this Satanism, apparently it isn't what it sounds like... So I am intrigued.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism
Just the philisophical and moral parts.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Wasn't calling you an asshole Urahara.

And I tried to avoid Wikipedia... But I'll read it soon anyways.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Oh right Sko, but Hexen did anyway so oh well :p

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Your all Wrong, Im Right.

You should Choose Budhism.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Oh really? I'd like to hear you explain Buddhism, Scarecrow. I really do. :lol:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ I dont know ALOT About it, But my Teacher use to be a Monk for 7 Years, He Talks to me about it Alot, and How it Helps.

Its Being Peaceful, Not Harming Animals, Nature.. So on. Keeping the World Peaceful. I find that The Best reason in The Religion.

When you become a Monk you cannot Marry, Because you are Married to Buddha, If im right, Buddha use to be a Living God.. Right?

My Teacher Talks to me really in depht stuff which I find VERY.. Ummm whats the word. Helpful?

But the Religion has Alot of Restrictions, If you are going to do it 100%.

I go to th Buddhist Temple every now and then, Whenever I go there it makes the Rest of my day feel very, Peaceful and Calm, Its the vibe that the Monks give off to you. Its Wonderful!

I know I didnt explain BUDDHISM That much, But its my Experience with it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^SOunds relaxing... There are no Buhdists in KY though unless you count stoners :(

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;290843 said:
^SOunds relaxing... There are no Buhdists in KY though unless you count stoners :(
this isn't horribly related
but you should read siddhartha, very enlightening book regardless of religious affiliation :)

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ And I hate it when People Think "Stoners" Are So chilled out, People who Think about things and go "Wow Duuuude, Thats so Rad Maaannnn" Dont compare people who Have nothing Better to do then Smoke some Herb and Get the Munchies then to a Man who Put his whole life into what he Believes.

Dont argue about what I said, Well I don't really care.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Haha, they are not married to Buddha, silly goose.

Buddhist monks are abstinent because according to Buddhism, desire leads to suffering.

Things like fast cars, sex and good food makes you feel great when you're having them, but when you're not you are feeling a desire to have them. This desire is bad and leads to bad things. Only by giving up all things leading to desire can you meditate and stuff in order to reach Nirvana.

As for Buddha there are two major "variations" of Buddhism, sorta like Protestantism and Catholicism (but no so extreme in their differences). The major difference is whether or not Buddha was/is a god, or just a human who transcended to Nirvana.

But yeah, it is a very restrictive religion if you want to "go all the way". The Monks aren't even allowed to cook their own food - they have to rely on the goodwill of the other people, or they'll starve. Personally I could never stand it - I love my women, fast cars and good food faaaar too much. :devil:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Yeah you have to "Live off the Land" To Survive.

I mean not LITERALLY Married to Buddha, But you put it in that Context, Because they cannot marry, have sex. So they're Married to Buddha. Thats how my Teacher (Monk) Said it to me. And I Personally Think he is the Best Teacher I have ever had in my Life.

But Hes leaving at the End of this year, But so Am I!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

He probably used it as a metaphor in the way of how nuns are "married" to God. It is not very accurate, but I guess it will suffice.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;290848 said:
Personally I could never stand it - I love my women, fast cars and good food faaaar too much. :devil:

I Agree whole heartedly with one exception: Women and being a single flirt = EPIC FUN AND ENJOYMENT... I would never need sex (Well almost) if I could constantly flirt lightly... But being taken and chained, AGONY in the way that my gf is my love and she is cute and innocent but otherwise she is the EXACT oppisite of me.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

agh! religion! :O it burns!!!!!!! it burns us! aaaaaaghh.......... *dies*

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Hexen_Harlot;290792 said:
I know that asstard, I'm referring to him doing stuff he doesn't believe in to shock people.

Calm down. Why are all the goth(ish) people I know really aggressive?

Firis;290806 said:
To Hexen and Arse: I + DO + FOLLOW + THE + TEACHINGS + OF + LAVEY!! = Get it in your head, I follow that but I was wondering what to say I was, my religious beliefs ARE for me, and I am not just joining a fad, I want to open the minds of people, when I called myself Satanist before it got alot of questions such as "Why?" and "Whats that about?" see what I mean?

Well, I'm essentially the same thing, I just don't label myself as such just for shock value.

I say just do what you think is right without the predefined guidelines of a religion or philosophy, and if other people happen to label you as such then thats their problem.

TJ Griffin;290881 said:
agh! religion! :O it burns!!!!!!! it burns us! aaaaaaghh.......... *dies*

Oh, look. Now you've gone and killed TJ.... Nice one.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^It isn't my fault he forgot his medicine... (Inside joke)

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Firis;290863 said:
I Agree whole heartedly with one exception: Women and being a single flirt = EPIC FUN AND ENJOYMENT... I would never need sex (Well almost) if I could constantly flirt lightly... But being taken and chained, AGONY in the way that my gf is my love and she is cute and innocent but otherwise she is the EXACT oppisite of me.

Oh I didn't mean to imply me being unfaithful in anyway. Its just that... I love the women. All of them.

All sizes and colours! They are the most wonderful thing on this earth!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;290911 said:
Oh I didn't mean to imply me being unfaithful in anyway. Its just that... I love the women. All of them.

All sizes and colours! They are the most wonderful thing on this earth!

Even an overweight, lesbian, prison warden?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Make that an all-female prison and she'd be one of my favourites. Might not be sexual love, but I'd love her nontheless.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;290914 said:
Even an overweight, lesbian, prison warden?

Hedwig ate to much pie and became a guard??! SINCE WHEN!?