• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Fable II DLC coming

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: New Fable II DLC coming

Zjuggernaut;284280 said:
Hopefully.
Your dreams will be crushed.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'm still enjoying Fable II. I also have a couple more achievements to get. It's a really fun game if you know how to play it.

Perhaps it gave too much freedom. I think gamers a used to games forcing them through long periods of boring bits that end up making the game last longer and feel more challenging.

Fable II failed to do that. It just let you do the minimum and get to the storyline without the tedium of grinding through a game. Struggle is a big part of the feeling of success that we enjoy in a game.

Fable II was mostly struggle free which really does put it in the casual gamer market. Lionhead made an exellent casual gamer RPG. Who would of thought that was even possible. I didn't think so.

On topic I knew they were making more content! YES!! I'm looking forward to hearing more detail.

Thanks Andy
+rep

O

O Toku Jin

Dark Drakan;284019 said:
Only statement i have so far is that when asked if any more DLC for Fable II was coming their answer was:

i thought it was as i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil i think you have them switched there man

Dentie;284035 said:
lol i need the first DLC too i cant buy MS points anywhere here
you are able to buy ms points right from your xbox dashboard man

Zarkes;284326 said:
you guys say stupid things, I try to play fable 2 but its so boring and is nothing compared to TLC. I honestly think fable 2 was just a quick filler so you wewdnt get confused about fable 3's storyline.

you are entitled to your opinions but saying that ours are stupid well thats just showing how much of a cawk loving douchebag you are

Albion Knight;284362 said:
I'm still enjoying Fable II. I also have a couple more achievements to get. It's a really fun game if you know how to play it.

Perhaps it gave too much freedom. I think gamers a used to games forcing them through long periods of boring bits that end up making the game last longer and feel more challenging.

Fable II failed to do that. It just let you do the minimum and get to the storyline without the tedium of grinding through a game. Struggle is a big part of the feeling of success that we enjoy in a game.

Fable II was mostly struggle free which really does put it in the casual gamer market. Lionhead made an exellent casual gamer RPG. Who would of thought that was even possible. I didn't think so.

On topic I knew they were making more content! YES!! I'm looking forward to hearing more detail.

Thanks Andy

freedom isnt what made this game lame it was the crappy storyline with horrible writing, if anything let the game have more freedom, to do pretty much what ever you want. all in all i enjoy the game , but honestly i tried to fly through the story as fast as possible so i could get it over with and have fun with the side missions.

also thank you to who ever put my multi post in to one i dont know where or how to do that

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

O Toku Jin;284375 said:
i thought it was as i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil i think you have them switched there man

you are able to buy ms points right from your xbox dashboard man

you are entitled to your opinions but saying that ours are stupid well thats just showing how much of a cawk loving douchebag you are

freedom isnt what made this game lame it was the crappy storyline with horrible writing, if anything let the game have more freedom, to do pretty much what ever you want. all in all i enjoy the game , but honestly i tried to fly through the story as fast as possible so i could get it over with and have fun with the side missions.

also thank you to who ever put my multi post in to one i dont know where or how to do that

Um... yeah, you're kinda being an asshole. No need to call anyone a "cock loving douchebag" and no need to misspell it to dodge the curse filter. Though yes, Zarkes was a bit of an asshole, too. Oh, and it was an admin who combined your posts. It's only them who can do that-- but there's no need for you to doublepost in the first place-- you can just edit your previous post.

But yeah, new DLC sounds interesting (even though I have yet to get Knothole Island) but it sounds suspiciously like it'll just be new achievements, which would be boring.

And yes, I'm still into Fable II, even though I haven't played it recently. I'm just too busy to have much playtime.

And yes, I'm aware I talked big **** about leaving so I could work on math. But hey, it's Spring Break. What else would I do with this time? Study? I mean, jeeze.

Dentie

Reaction score

Archon'sRage;284223 said:
the only reason i would return to fable II is (if had it) would be the achievements most likely after two play throughs. one evil, one good

then you should have 3 playthroughs because you have 3 achievements for last choices

Dentie

Reaction score

Thanks Andy
+rep

yeah you are right you need to learn it that idea you had about not lvling your stats is great and is more ammusing because it is harder to do :p the guys that are bored should try it it makes it much more fun

O

O Toku Jin

Walker;284523 said:
Um... yeah, you're kinda being an asshole. No need to call anyone a "cock loving douchebag" and no need to misspell it to dodge the curse filter. Though yes, Zarkes was a bit of an asshole, too. Oh, and it was an admin who combined your posts. It's only them who can do that-- but there's no need for you to doublepost in the first place-- you can just edit your previous post.

But yeah, new DLC sounds interesting (even though I have yet to get Knothole Island) but it sounds suspiciously like it'll just be new achievements, which would be boring.

And yes, I'm still into Fable II, even though I haven't played it recently. I'm just too busy to have much playtime.

And yes, I'm aware I talked big **** about leaving so I could work on math. But hey, it's Spring Break. What else would I do with this time? Study? I mean, jeeze.

well i didnt mean to upset the fable 2 board god here, if you think i am being an a**hole cool cause i am , i hate pimple faced little long haired nerds taht think they are cool over the internet as for what ever else you wrote above i didnt even read it as since you want to act like you are somthing special and not just another nameless faceless nerd on the internet i refuse to even aknowledge your exsistence

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Zarkes;284326 said:
you guys say stupid things, I try to play fable 2 but its so boring and is nothing compared to TLC. I honestly think fable 2 was just a quick filler so you wewdnt get confused about fable 3's storyline.

I prefer TLC, but after mucking with GTA IV then ill return to fable 2... Also for the others saying they aint playing fable 2 anymore or fable what are they doing on the forums. And ye i am playing fable tlc on comp atm..

Thanks Andy
+rep

Agree with the free roaming, also i like smaller towns, get a feel of community, i also hated that your hero was so distant to the camera.. TLC towns are my fave.. Not too big and the housing wan't repetative. oh it's making me:'(

O Toku Jin;284632 said:
well i didnt mean to upset the fable 2 board god here, if you think i am being an a**hole cool cause i am , i hate pimple faced little long haired nerds taht think they are cool over the internet as for what ever else you wrote above i didnt even read it as since you want to act like you are somthing special and not just another nameless faceless nerd on the internet i refuse to even aknowledge your exsistence

You have to accept u r a geek to make an account to talk about video games... So you can't talk... I'm not taking sides i just found this argument the easiest to shut down

O

O Toku Jin

hobbes_pwn;284664 said:
I prefer TLC, but after mucking with GTA IV then ill return to fable 2... Also for the others saying they aint playing fable 2 anymore or fable what are they doing on the forums. And ye i am playing fable tlc on comp atm..

Agree with the free roaming, also i like smaller towns, get a feel of community, i also hated that your hero was so distant to the camera.. TLC towns are my fave.. Not too big and the housing wan't repetative. oh it's making me:'(

You have to accept u r a geek to make an account to talk about video games... So you can't talk... I'm not taking sides i just found this argument the easiest to shut down

unfortunatlly your mouth wont shut as easily... you are now added to my ignor list , thank you and stfu ffs

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

ff: please explain, and the ignore threat doesn't scare me....

Yeh neway wat do u wanna see in the dlc: i would like to see those fighter monks... possibly the return of hammer, and reaver's unfrotunate death.. I always liked those key things (u no the one u get to get into the hero guild, the shadow one reaver gives u, and the few on knothole island) i would like to see a character to like suck some magic power out of them and use them as magical weapons

Oh and im sorry if i offended u, i actuallyam confused on how i ****ed u off.. but meh, if i was in the situation i wldnt have tken no harm.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;284677 said:
ff: please explain, and the ignore threat doesn't scare me....

Yeh neway wat do u wanna see in the dlc: i would like to see those fighter monks... possibly the return of hammer, and reaver's unfrotunate death.. I always liked those key things (u no the one u get to get into the hero guild, the shadow one reaver gives u, and the few on knothole island) i would like to see a character to like suck some magic power out of them and use them as magical weapons

Oh and im sorry if i offended u, i actuallyam confused on how i ****ed u off.. but meh, if i was in the situation i wldnt have tken no harm.

I would like to see those fighter Monks, too. That will probably be in the DLC, unless they already started it before the game was done. :unsure:
They aren't going to make anymore snow. It's a little sad it's so hard, to create on their machine. Oh well I will always have Knotthole Island.:)

H

Hexen_Harlot

I'm not too bothered about snoo, means I look silly in my lovely slaggy clothes :p
I'm sure future DLC will show us at least a little bit of samarkand, unless Fable 3 is partly set there. Both have been hinted at, after all.
I personally want to see Hook Coast or Snowspire... they brought Knothole back after all (albeit in failform) and Hook Coast was full of beautfiul ice-blonde Aryans :D
It might be a little far fetched to hope Lionhead might ACTUALLY MAKE A GOOD-LOOKING MARRIABLE MALE NPC, but we live in hope. I'm sure they'd keep the women hot.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Hexen_Harlot;284706 said:
I'm not too bothered about snoo, means I look silly in my lovely slaggy clothes :p
I'm sure future DLC will show us at least a little bit of samarkand, unless Fable 3 is partly set there. Both have been hinted at, after all.
I personally want to see Hook Coast or Snowspire... they brought Knothole back after all (albeit in failform) and Hook Coast was full of beautfiul ice-blonde Aryans :D
It might be a little far fetched to hope Lionhead might ACTUALLY MAKE A GOOD-LOOKING MARRIABLE MALE NPC, but we live in hope. I'm sure they'd keep the women hot.

I wish. The only handsome one is Reever, and I want him gone. Maybe he has a handsome son or two somewhere, or another cute face or two. I usually stay single because of that. :unsure:

H

Hexen_Harlot

moonfever;284712 said:
I wish. The only handsome one is Reever, and I want him gone. Maybe he has a handsome son or two somewhere, or another cute face or two. I usually stay single because of that. :unsure:
Cue lesbianism. It does just generally fit in with my character, but it's more out of the lack of men.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

O Toku Jin;284375 said:

It is in the religious quote but my quote was taken from a movie line.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

They did a awesome job on the first DLC imo. Hopefuly this time they will make a DLC with great replay value.