• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New types of weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: New types of weapons

MasterJh;342680 said:
Maybe a very primitive automatic rifle? I mean, it's like half a century after flintlock and clockwork rifles etc. so maybe an automatic repeater?
you mean like the halo assault rifle in fable 2?

i'd like to see a pet that behaves in regard to his master. like if someone tries talking to you and you ignore them, your dog then takes a hint and starts growling until they back off. similar to what there is currently, just a more in depth read of what the players attitude is.

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;342734 said:
you mean like the halo assault rifle in fable 2?

i'd like to see a pet that behaves in regard to his master. like if someone tries talking to you and you ignore them, your dog then takes a hint and starts growling until they back off. similar to what there is currently, just a more in depth read of what the players attitude is.

Id like to see a pet that is not annoying. Sometimes that dog will just sit and bark forever it seems with the dig spot icon over its head. Seconds in real life time are minutes in game time, so you could ideally be sitting around for 15-20 mins in game time waiting for the dog to go where it is supposed to. The dog is a good idea, I just hate having to depend on it so much...and I hate, after the game ends, I feel compelled to sacrifice an knothole island person so I can get the dog because I feel lonely without it....

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Yeah i think it would be good to have more duel options.. I mean no one wants the game turning into another a game that just isnt fable.

Ive said this before .. But i still think i continues to ring true.

Summoning wolves? Sounds more like runescape to me, but im sure lionhead could turn this into their own idea just by changing it slightly. The fact of the matter is we dont want lionhead really copying other games. not that your guys ideas are bad or anything its just that it would be better to be playing a game that isnt similiar to other games, Dont you think?

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

If people really want a wolf as a pet, then Lionhead can just include some extra breed-changing potions.

Lord Valance

Voice of the Agency
Reaction score

In all of lionheads games they always seem to throw that companion in there, the dog in fable 2 and the creatures from B&W. I'd definitely like to see more in depth personality with the dog. It was one of my favorite new features.

Harbinger

Reaction score

The ranged weapons are fine in fable 2 (much better than fable 1). I think that they should bring back the bow though, some people do like to be old school.

They do need a wider variety of melee wepaons however. It would be cool to have spears, dual knives and nunchcks. Also they need to bring back greatswords. I loved having a sword nearly the same size as me on my back.

Lord Valance

Voice of the Agency
Reaction score

Canons that you can ride, mounted on a turret and pulled by horses. They had them back then and would be awesome for messing up trolls.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Lightsabers.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

... No lightsaber's. I don't exactly know what they should have depends on what age they are in, i mean you wouldn't have giant laser cannons if it's in the earlier days now would you?

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe you could combine Magic and Punching together?

e.g

Fireball magic, You can light ya hands on fire then punch someone?

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Actually, thats a good idea.
I don't see why lionhead wouldnt want to do that anyway, i mean most people want more melee in fable rather than just swords and that.

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

gatling guns for uber pwnage...and air support rofl :D jk

Pilot: Sir i found the target. Shall I engage?
Sgt. Bob: Bomb the motha****as back into the Stone Age
Pilot: Sir I think they already are

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

As far as melee goes, I'd love to see the original weapon types brought back(Obsidian, Master, etc.). Also, dual-wielding would be sick; I can just imagine hacking away at a Balverine with two Cleavers. :D Maybe holding two of the same type of weapon could add damage bonuses? Without getting too far into the realm of Diablo, Weapon/Armor sets would be badass. Once you got every piece of gear within the set, you receive more experience per kill, more damage, etc. Combining melee with magic would be crazy as well. Like someone said above, only with weapons instead of your fists. Charging up a Greathammer with Fireball or Lightning would obliterate anyone!

In my opinion, Ranged combat was great in Fable 2; I don't really see much room for improvement, with the exception of the Sets/Charging things I mentioned above.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i want a dart gun. the smart hero doesnt have to be lethal

Bankai! Raizan Enryuu

The ice dragon
Reaction score

id like to see them bring back the boxing arena from fable, where you could use hand to hand combat

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

This thread is from October, it's dead. Don't post here.

Xp Mike Xp

Xp Clan
Reaction score

Mounts, Dual Weilding, Magic Punching ( Fire punches etc ), New spells like hover and different element spells, Poisoned Weapons, New melee weapons like scimitars and sythes, Can use just fists like in Fable and they can be combined with spells etc. ( Fable 3 is gonna rock either way (I am buying either day or second day of realease) ANYONE KNOW WHEN IT COMES OUT?

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Xp Mike Xp;353240 said:
ANYONE KNOW WHEN IT COMES OUT?

Sometime in 2010. Get with the times.

Owrm

Reaction score

Mandaly;342559 said:
i miss the regular bows. i hate cross bows. i think spears, numchucks, throwing stars...would just be silly.

How would spears be silly at all? In the time period back then they would actually have been the most used, as they allowed a large range and easy incapacitation of horses and their riders which were pretty much the only threats left to long-ranged infantry back then.

Cain

Reaction score

Owrm;354538 said:
How would spears be silly at all? In the time period back then they would actually have been the most used, as they allowed a large range and easy incapacitation of horses and their riders which were pretty much the only threats left to long-ranged infantry back then.

WHAT?
Spears were in their prime around ancient greece. The only unit in warfare around victorian times to use spears were lancers, and they were blown to bits by cannons.

For some reason you are getting the time period wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.