• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New types of weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owrm

Reaction score
Re: New types of weapons

Soap;354548 said:
WHAT?
Spears were in their prime around ancient greece. The only unit in warfare around victorian times to use spears were lancers, and they were blown to bits by cannons.

For some reason you are getting the time period wrong.

Ah yes, I was thinking more the conquistadores, then remembered they were around the 13th-15th century. Spears, however, were still used, and would not be silly at all. The other ones would be, depending on where the weapons come from and the supposed time of the place they come from. If Samarkand is a feudal Japan/South Africa mix then nun-chucks and throwing stars would make sense.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

im thinking spears could work. Add some magic weapons in too. staffs, wands, or something like that. Or magic spell books to increase your magic charge speed i dunno

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I just want some sort of god-damn staff! You cant be a proper wizard without one.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

Tsuyu;354925 said:
I just want some sort of god-damn staff! You cant be a proper wizard without one.

exactly! they are paying too much attention to mage-warriors.

what we need is an entire mage outfit. if we added shields in fable 3 a spell book could count as the shieild. Wands or staff for main weapon, and mage clothes. capes and hooded cloaks would be pree cool too

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

like a xu zhu staff from dynasty warriors?
xuchu.jpg

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Tsuyu;354925 said:

Pardon me, but: oooh, a wizard's staff has a knob on the end and... (quick, someody find me Nanny Ogg. I don't know the words.)

cheezMcNASTY;354944 said:
like a xu zhu staff from dynasty warriors?
xuchu.jpg

Is that a gigantic stone duck head?

A

ashmit

i agree that the old weapons should be concluded in fables. there are so many weapons which should be conclude but i am in the favor of bowie knife because the Bowie knife have almost become synonymous.In the early 1800's it was common place for men to carry a knife as a sidearm but it wasn't until 1830 that the famous bowie knives was made that forever carved a niche in history for Jim Bowie The actual making of the Bowie knife was a progression of knife designs.The first knife was claimed to be designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish in Louisiana and made by a blacksmith Jesse Cl
small-antler-handle-bowie-knife.jpg
ift in order to protect his younger brother from some of the company he was keeping This knife was referred to by many as Bowie's butcher knife that was used at the Sandbar Fight. Another rendition of the story according to Jim's older brother John was that a blacksmith named Snowden, made a hunting knife for Jim which was used during the duel. Either way the prototype and the legend had begun In 1827 the famous duel occurred across from Natchez, Mississippi on a Mississippi River sandbar. As a second in the duel, Bowie found himself in the middle of the ruckus armed with a butcher knife. In the events that followed Bowie found himself badly beaten, shot and stabbed but before him laid one man cut to ribbons and another one disemboweled In 1830 in Texas, Jim Bowie armed with the famous Bowie knife made by James Black, was attacked by three men hired to kill him. The stories flourished as Bowie wielded the heavy knife against his attackers. In the end, one man was almost beheaded, another was disemboweled and the third had his skull split open
The original Bowie knife was two inches wide and a quarter inch thick with the blade being about 12 inches long. The back of the blade had a soft metal inlaid to catch the opponent's blade during a scrape. Razor sharp was the top edge of the clip point. In order to protect the hand a brass quillon was in place
At the Alamo, Jim Bowie had his trusted Bowie knife. As the Alamo was overrun by the Mexican army, Jim Bowie laid on a cot in the Low Barracks with his Bowie knife and pistol at hand. Tales exist that before he was killed that he took out nine of the oncoming soldiersIn the end, the bowie knife lost the capital B but its' fame has continued to grow. The original Bowie knife was never found

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

Duel welding is Overrated. Give Me A 2h Hammer/Axe/Sword and im good =D

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Purple Nurple;334394 said:
i dont really care what new weapons they add in fable 3 as long as they dont make them oo outlandis. however, i would love to see the old weapon categories return, such as obsidian and such. only 4 categories was a bit too little for me.

I'd like for sparrow to be thrown back into some what of the beginning hero's time. So obsidian will be back but be something like Cracked obsidian sword or something like that and you have to black smith them back :D

Also Sword of Aeon will return! The temple of Skorm will rise! haha

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

How about a bad ass scythe?

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Stop posting in here. This thread was originally from like 19 years ago...
And now some idiot revived it....

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Don't complain so much. This is one of those threads where new people keep having their own opinions. "Oooh! Wouldn't it be cool if..." Might as well post here more than make ANOTHER "what weapons would be cool" thread.

It's not stickied, but it's the kind that might as well be.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I guess, But I've never had any of my threads stickied anyway... lol

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Fenrir;360600 said:
How about a bad ass scythe?

That would be sick, i'd love parading about as death.

Though i'd be even cooler if being good added you having wings and a halo. For evil people they have have horns and a devil tail?

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Sabbath;361046 said:
That would be sick, i'd love parading about as death.

Though i'd be even cooler if being good added you having wings and a halo. For evil people they have have horns and a devil tail?

That too would kick ass.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I think they take the morphing way to far with the evil characters.

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Arseface;361147 said:
I think they take the morphing way to far with the evil characters.

I just wish that the woman looked sexier when they go evil.

(sorry if you take that offense girls)

Ceh913

Reaction score

has anyone else noticed that at the start of this thread they were talking about cool new weapons, and mentioned spears? theyre a bit old and boring i think.
Anyway, i don't think fable needs more weapons, just more stages of weaponry, like bringing obsidian bak etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.