• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peter Confirmed there will be Consequences for Cheating

G

Good Vs Evil

Re: Peter Confirmed there will be Consequences for Cheating

you wont be evil people will just think your rich and a bit of a snob its been said in one of PMs interviews

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I know that, I was talking to Templar, I think? The one that kinda cheated to loose.:unsure: I guess I should have been more clear. Sorry.

G

GodSlam

Good Vs Evil;207607 said:
you wont be evil people will just think your rich and a bit of a snob its been said in one of PMs interviews

Oh, what kind of punishment is that? I think that's bull. Eh, whatever. I might get it just to do the glitch now.

Danke~

G

Goretex

Templar;207555 said:
You're mocking me arent you...
One my brain is taking that offensive
Two how is that profiting my evil choice?
Yep I find this offensive you call me evil and weak...seriously I aint the weak one here...

Hate to burst your bubble, but GodSlam is right. Whether or not you cheated to get out of debt or to get millions of gold, you still made the choice to cheat. Therefore, you are a cheater and you should expect to receive whatever consequences they have in store for you. There's no reason to get all bent out of shape and defensive just because he told you how it is.

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

Albion Knight;207101 said:
OK now I've heard directly from Peter's mouth on there being a consequence.

"Fable is all about looking at what you're like as a player and cheating is a reflection of what you're like as a person."

"Fascinatingly I've spoken people who found out about the cheat and decided not to cheat because they're worried about the consequences. Maybe they're wise people but I won't say anything more about that"

"Don't expect there not to be consequences after all lets remind ourselves that Fable says for every choice a consequence and cheating is a choice"

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg...spot-au-presents-crosshairs-september-25-2008 27 minute mark
what do you mean by cheating?

T

Templar

Good Vs Evil;207607 said:

...I read that somewhere I think, but I didn't believe it...and then forgot about it... Also something else...why wold they path the game if it was to negative your game and why only one game is cheating? And all people that also say whatever they say to me I really just am a naturally defensive guy...so just becase I let myself go one time I don't need 10 people to nurture me...and I realize the etc. coments you will obviously make I have gone through this before I understand that also...

G

Goretex

sijli;207719 said:
what do you mean by cheating?

There was a glitch in the Pub Games that enabled you to bring in a profit off of every hand in Fortune's Tower.

T

The_Better_Bard

...........are you guys talking about the game or the demo?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

They are talking about the glitch in the pub games.:)

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

A great way for people not to cheat is:

When they do cheat, your name is change to CHEATER. Just like The Legend of Zelda: Links Awaking.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

HAH im gunna hella cheat when they find new glitches, i bet the concequesnces wont effect my attitude at all, and if im worries i just wont go on live or download updates

D

DizzyFromFumes

what if it didnt make u evil...it just handy capped u @ the start some how or took away all ur money or put u that much in dept.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

seriously if PM Intended for the cheat to be there with consequence why would Lionhead frantically develop a patch to stop people cheating?? it doesn't make sense so that makes me think that they didn't know and they also have no way to know who cheated and who didn't.

After i found out that there was a consequence i cheated on purpose with a new character just in case there was a consequence to see what it is if it is there at all which i highly doubt.

And about only punishing people with alot of money that's a load of bull because i know people who have made tons of money legally in the pub games so if they just punish everyone who has a tone of money Lionhead is going to be in deep **** about it so i seriously doubt that anything is going to happen!!!!!!

Soldier By Name

Expert door-kicker-downer
Reaction score

It wasn't a planned thing. The "consequence" was that if you hoarded gold, cheating or other wise you would be some kind of corrupt. The fact that cheaters got loads more cash than the guys who did it legit, would make them much more corrpt looking, but as for this being planned I'm calling BS on that. It just happen to be a smart move to say it was on PM's part. But hey, can we blame him? lol.

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

Well yes we can and will it's a bit dodgy when someone tries to play of a glitch as a "special" game mechanic and even more so when he says he can track it that is a load of Bull good luck making an Algorithm finding who cheated....

but i don't care either way if it's traceable or not because i only cheated with one character and that's because i heard that there would be consequences and i wanted to see what those were