• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Phobias

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Phobias

Does anyone here have any phobias? Or just something that they're slightly more scared of than other people?

I have pretty bad arachnophobia. Two nights ago, I found a spider in my shower after I had turned the water off, and I was beginning to dry off. It was right on the wall next to me, and I bolted out of the shower. I then grabbed a cup next to my sink, filled it with water many times, and washed it down the shower drain. I was still kind of freaking out, but I proceeded to brush my teeth. Once I was done, I looked in the shower again only to see this same spider crawl back up the drain. I don't know why, but this freaked me out A LOT. I did the same thing as the first time, but this time I kept the shower water running to make sure he stayed down. Then, I busted out the draino. That sh*t had to have killed him. Afterward, I was going to go to bed, but I spent the next hour in my bedroom freaking out. I was so insanely paranoid that there were spiders all around my room. Under my bed, on my back (which I actually feel sometimes, but it was way worse this time) in a corner, on the ceiling, anywhere. Eventually I calmed down and got to sleep, but it was such a horrible night...

All over a spider less than 2 inches long, legs and all.

How do your phobias effect your life?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Phobias

Well, I guess I'm pretty afraid of heights. I was watching a docco on these guys building one of those huge windmills, and when they got a shot of the view from the top of the windmill (with these guys standing on this little platform), I got a bit freaked out. Even when I'm in high rise buildings I get a bit like that. I know they're perfectly safe, and it's not so bad if I'm not looking straight down the side.

My dog's pretty funny though. She's deathly afraid of my guitar. If she sees it she'll stop, and if I'm carrying it and moving towards her she bolts. It's hilarious.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I think that's a pretty common fear. I don't like heights either. Although, I would take looking straight down off of the empire state building over being around a spider any day, even if the spider is in a container and can't get to me.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;343447 said:
I think that's a pretty common fear. I don't like heights either. Although, I would take looking straight down off of the empire state building over being around a spider any day, even if the spider is in a container and can't get to me.

What about being on top of a giant spider at the same height as the empire state building and looking straight down? Would they cancel each other out?

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Laying down and looking up at the clouds scares the crap out of me. Also, I'm extremely afraid of spinning rapidly due to a horrible car accident in my youth where the car rolled and flipped a number of times. I would basically crap my pants if I flew into the sky spinning like a tornado to sum it all up.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;343449 said:
No no, think of it as math. Adding two negatives makes a bigger negative.

Still be cool though. What if it was a robot spider, and you were using it to destroy your enemies?

HeroOfCrapsalot;343450 said:
Laying down and looking up at the clouds scares the crap out of me. Also, I'm extremely afraid of spinning rapidly due to a horrible car accident in my youth where the car rolled and flipped a number of times. I would basically crap my pants if I flew into the sky spinning like a tornado to sum it all up.

I think that's pretty much the same for everyone. No one like flying into the sky spinning rapidly....

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

I'm really weird. I find all your phobias fun things to do, and I love spiders, but I HATE insects. Weirdest thing.

Arseface;343452 said:
I think that's pretty much the same for everyone. No one like flying into the sky spinning rapidly....

I do.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Another Spartan;343453 said:
I'm really weird. I find all your phobias fun things to do, and I love spiders, but I HATE insects. Weirdest thing.

I do.

I was thinking more without notice.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

One of my friends is extremely afraid of fruit - not just eating fruit, but even being around fruit makes her gag and try to leave the room.

As far as I know there is no scientific name for this fear, and of course it is pretty strange. One time, she was locked in a parked car with a couple grapes and she reacted so strongly that she tried to roll down the windows and escape.

SaintHermit

I nose hair
Reaction score

^ That's a weird one, weird indeed.

I am afraid of snails. Once one was in my house, sliming around.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I am afraid of insects ..s atsg

They are scary :(

They are everywhere :(

They are so small :(

They can get crushed easily :(((((((((((

I hate spiders too :(

So does my mom :(

Ew...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

You shouldn't be afraid of the common household spider! They are predators, and will keep your house free of much more annoying and disgusting pests. Killing one is doing yourself a huge disfavour.

Used to have a real bad silverfish situation going on in my bathroom, but some month ago it stopped. All we have no is a huuuuuge spider, the diameter of the bottom of a coffee mug.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I actually have phobophobia. ALL OF YOU GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!

Cain

Reaction score

Arseface;343475 said:
I actually have phobophobia. ALL OF YOU GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!

Phobophobia is fear of fear itself or it can mean fear of delveloping a fear, so which one is it?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I have the phobia of heights and insects. I have some pretty big paranoia but that isn't a phobia.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

The White Knight;343477 said:
Phobophobia is fear of fear itself or it can mean fear of delveloping a fear, so which one is it?

I'm scared of phobias. This thread even scares me. GET ME OUT

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

Tsuyu;343474 said:
You shouldn't be afraid of the common household spider! They are predators, and will keep your house free of much more annoying and disgusting pests. Killing one is doing yourself a huge disfavour.

Used to have a real bad silverfish situation going on in my bathroom, but some month ago it stopped. All we have no is a huuuuuge spider, the diameter of the bottom of a coffee mug.

Haha! You call that huge?! Go to Thailand! I love the spiders there, they don't move very often, and their legs make them bigger than my head! They keep all the disgusting insects out of the outdoor bathrooms too.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

By Swedish standards, yes. Its a huge spider.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

I really don't have any phobias.

I love heights, spiders, snakes, and Furbies.

There's a phobia of anything to do with 8 (Octophobia), and a phobia of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth (Arachibutyrophobia).

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

my only phobia is swimming in the water with aquatic life. don't matter if it's a fish, a whale, or a shark. it's in it's natural environment and i'm not which f***s w/ my head :hmm: