• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Playstation 4 Owns Xbox One

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Death to your False CEO; Bill Gates!

...I feel the Warp overtaking me... it is a good pain...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Here guys, enjoy my newly made gif.

This master piece represents Xbox fans in their natural habitat trying to 'converse' with their 'next-gen' console.

cbc.gif

...right.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I miss the days when we all played GAMES and had conversations about the GAMES rather than hating on companies who design the consoles and the developers behind certain games.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Opinion: Hobbilis is a tool and I move that we should shun his existence.

And on that note;

It's difficult to do so, Draken, since the companies themselves no longer seem to care about the gamers. Consoles, the Xbone in particular, just don't focus on the games. TV TV TV TV TV ALL IN ONE SYSTEM!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Opinion: Hobbilis is a tool and I move that we should shun his existence.

And on that note;

It's difficult to do so, Draken, since the companies themselves no longer seem to care about the gamers. Consoles, the Xbone in particular, just don't focus on the games. TV TV TV TV TV ALL IN ONE SYSTEM!

I get that we can disagree with some of the business choices and shouldnt simply lap up every stupid decision these companies make. Surely we should be spending our time talking about the games/features we do like as we dont have to buy/use the ones we dont for the most part. We are gamers and fans of the industry and these consoles main existence is giving us a platform to play these games on so its a shame there is so much hate and gamers arguing opinions with each other rather than sharing our good gaming experiences with each other (in all walks of life not just on forums).

Fanboy arguments are the thorn in my side in every conversation I have on and off the forums about gaming. Always comes down to 'Oh you play on 'insert console' that sucks' or 'You talking about 'insert game' that sucks...' People dont see what im eating and come up saying 'Oh you eating pasta? That sucks, how can you like that?' Dont see why people have to put something down simply because they have a differing opinion or taste.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm just very very put off by the whole thing of next gen seemingly having to be about films, tv, twitter, facebook, internet browsing...and oh yeah, perhaps a game once in a while. Am I being asked to pay through the nose for a console that delivers an awesome gaming experience or am I mostly paying for a bunch of features I neither want nor will use? I mean, I really like my 360 but with every console update it forces me to have, there is more and more tv, music, social networking and films than stuff that actually matters to me. it seems so bloated now and I just find it too excessive. For me, next gen should be JUST about delivering awesome games of exceptional quality and design, not "wow now watch tv, tweet, see films, update your fb status and surf whilst you wait for us to get around to making the odd game or two". Call me old fashioned but I want my console JUST for gaming. I already have the tools for all the other stuff they are pushing on me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I miss the days when we all played GAMES and had conversations about the GAMES rather than hating on companies who design the consoles and the developers behind certain games.

Don't forget publishers. God how I hate certain publishers! I miss the days when developers were able to release their own games rather than having to piggyback on publishers. Imagine how great SPORE would've been if they had released it on their own as opposed to working with EA...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm just very very put off by the whole thing of next gen seemingly having to be about films, tv, twitter, facebook, internet browsing...and oh yeah, perhaps a game once in a while. Am I being asked to pay through the nose for a console that delivers an awesome gaming experience or am I mostly paying for a bunch of features I neither want nor will use? I mean, I really like my 360 but with every console update it forces me to have, there is more and more tv, music, social networking and films than stuff that actually matters to me. it seems so bloated now and I just find it too excessive. For me, next gen should be JUST about delivering awesome games of exceptional quality and design, not "wow now watch tv, tweet, see films, update your fb status and surf whilst you wait for us to get around to making the odd game or two". Call me old fashioned but I want my console JUST for gaming. I already have the tools for all the other stuff they are pushing on me.

Unfortunately you have this generation to blame for that and having their phones shoved in their faces even sat on the toilet updating status & tweeting things. That is a slice of the pie that Sony & Microsoft want & they also want to force their way into the tv world too, just seems like a lot as they are doing them all at once but to keep with the times (and even keep up with phones) they have no choice as can even watch Sky TV on those now.

Don't forget publishers. God how I hate certain publishers! I miss the days when developers were able to release their own games rather than having to piggyback on publishers. Imagine how great SPORE would've been if they had released it on their won as opposed to working with EA...

I agree and thats one big mistake I think Microsoft are making with the whole, you cant self publish on Xbox One rumour (though sources say it may still happen). I have never seen the indie developer circuit so strong with games like Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Cut the Rope, The Walking Dead, Minecraft, State of Decay & much more (just a few examples) all becoming huge successes. I have never download a game on the Xbox Live Arcade then I download the trials for 3 in one day Minecraft, State of Decay & The Walking Dead. I purchased episode one of The Walking Dead right after too because it was great, this is the time Microsoft need to be encouraging them not hindering them.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Unfortunately you have this generation to blame for that and having their phones shoved in their faces even sat on the toilet updating status & tweeting things. That is a slice of the pie that Sony & Microsoft want & they also want to force their way into the tv world too, just seems like a lot as they are doing them all at once but to keep with the times (and even keep up with phones) they have no choice as can even watch Sky TV on those now.
And I get that. I totally see WHY everyone is doing this. I just wish they WEREN'T.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And I get that. I totally see WHY everyone is doing this. I just wish they WEREN'T.

I share a lot over them for others to see so it will help us advertise & share our content I guess so more positive than negative. Just dont want them to concentrate on that over the main things that are important for us, being the games and pushing social aspects over our gaming needs/features we need to make that a better experience. Most of us dont update our status every time we get out of our seat, so we dont need to announce every door we are going through on a game.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I miss when there was no DLC, internet connection, or invasions of privacy. And everything I wanted, and needed was on one little cartridge.

pc.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I miss when there was no DLC, internet connection, or invasions of privacy. And everything I wanted, and needed was on one little cartridge.

pc.jpg

Shame the development time on cartridge games was so long & they were so expensive. No load times though so guess that was a decent compromise.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Shame the development time on cartridge games was so long & they were so expensive.

What you got for your time and money completely outweighed them. I would wait forever for Ocarina Of Time or Super Smash Bros. They can take all my money, I don't care. I love them unconditionally. <3

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
If you want cartridges get a 3DS or Vita. Keep the discs! D: <

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What you got for your time and money completely outweighed them. I would wait forever for Ocarina Of Time or Super Smash Bros. They can take all my money, I don't care. I love them unconditionally. <3

Never really got into any of the big Nintendo franchises, Zelda was good but hasnt pushed itself very far over the years since then (it was beyond its time but now seems dated) & Smash bros was a good idea but most the franchises seem like flogging a dead horse that they are still doing (most games with Mario in). Loved some of the games on my trusty N64 however & my PS1 regularly got pushed aside in favour of it. Yahztee summed up my current views on Nintendo in his E3 video, they are nice guys but always seem one step behind with the games (never going to compete tech wise of course).

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If you want cartridges get a 3DS or Vita. Keep the discs! D: <

Nothing wrong with being nostalgic. Cartridges represent that time when games were sweet and simple. Not that I want them to make a return. Obviously they don't hold the same capabilities that discs do for modern gaming.
Never really got into any of the big Nintendo franchises, Zelda was good but hasnt pushed itself very far over the years since (it was beyond its time but now seems dated) & Smash bros was a good idea but most the franchises seem like flogging a dead horse that they are still doing (most games with Mario in). Loved some of the games on my trusty N64 however & my PS1 regularly got pushed aside in favour of it.

I think I'm with a lot of people when I say that Zelda had a big influence on my life as a gamer. It is a shame that it's not at the same amount of greatness as it was back then, but here's hoping. I enjoyed Twilight Princess however. I was on the fence with the two consoles. N64 had Zelda; my PS1 had TR. It really was about the games back then.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Quit ruining my sentimentalism. :(

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'll definitely probably be getting the PS4. I loved my PS1, Xbox and the two 360s I've had. the PSN being free was always something I really envied about PS3 users, and the cost of a Gold Xbox Live account was the main reason I never did anything online on my 360. That and all this other DRM crap is more than enough to make me switch teams.

Plus, I can always hold out for the Xbox exclusives being released on the PC.

That's like saying you want a computer for just games. You presumably still want to DO all of these things, and if I gave most people a choice between having a computer that can just do games, and a computer that can do games, internet browsing and TV/movies, most people would pick the latter, rather than pay for both. Personally, I'd rather have one expensive, weird looking box sitting under my TV than one for games, one for TV, one to play DVDs, one to play music, etc, and 300 remotes (which is actually how my housemate has our current lounge room set up).

They're not sacrificing the gaming side of things, they're just adding other stuff you might want to do on it. Game developers aren't getting distracted by the TV and music features and making worse games. The quality/amount of games isn't going to be affected by this. Console developers are just making consoles more like PCs now.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah but by adding those "nice things" they are also jacking up the price, I'd wager. I can't but wonder how much less the console would cost if they didn't force us to buy it bundled with that useless piece of Kinect....