• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Playstation 4 Owns Xbox One

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah but by adding those "nice things" they are also jacking up the price, I'd wager. I can't but wonder how much less the console would cost if they didn't force us to buy it bundled with that useless piece of Kinect....

Yeah but you weight that against the cost of buying s set top box, plus a DVD player, plus a game console, plus a stereo or whatever else. A game console that can do all those things is probably going to cost the same or less than buying all those things separatly. Plus consider that your TV is only going to have so many inputs for each device, and each one will need its own power socket. It will be safer and cheaper on your electricity bill to have one device rather than a daisy chain of powerboards and hundreds of cables snaking around.

Which again is how my lounge room is set up.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'll definitely probably be getting the PS4. I loved my PS1, Xbox and the two 360s I've had. the PSN being free was always something I really envied about PS3 users, and the cost of a Gold Xbox Live account was the main reason I never did anything online on my 360. That and all this other DRM crap is more than enough to make me switch teams.

PSN is no longer a free service with PS4 and have to pay for PSN Plus to play online now. Its still cheaper than Xbox Live I believe though and does give you more benefits on PSN Plus. Microsoft are trying to evolve Xbox Live for next gen however as they have dropped MS Points, changed the rewards scheme so you can earn rewards in more ways and are now also offering free games with it. So hopefully the bonuses for being a paying customer for online keep coming from both companies.