• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reaver - Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wtf?? Reaver doesnt need to die, and for the record Logan was not even a bad guy so i mean ya nuff said

Aruu

Reaction score
I still say that he's not evil >_> I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong, because I mean, lol, it's Reaver. I just don't think the term applies to him. He's as close to it as he can get, but evil just doesn't sound right. S'all I'm saying.

But yeah, I have to agree, Logan wasn't a bad guy. He was trying to do what he saw was best for his people, even if it meant losing popularity by making harsh decisions.

Kahindes

Reaction score
Yeah, those are pretty gruesome acts, but I can't still label him as evil. He's dancing on the line, that's for sure, but in the end he doesn't do it because it's wrong, he does it because it gets results. He wants eternal youth, he has a to kill a few kids for it. He wouldn't kill kids for kicks. Selling out the hero, that benefited him too. As for enslaving children, he pointed out they were cheap labour, and kept them off the streets.

In short, he doesn't do bad things for fun, he does it because it benefits him. If a good act were to work in his favour, I bet he'd go for it.

I agree with this entirely :) . Reaver is just Reaver. He just wants to be well known and wants the best in life however way that he can get it. It's not the best aspect of anyone's personality to be like this, however his humour and people's overall interest in his character make up for it in his case.

Personally, I'd like the choice to kill him, even though I wouldn't. Maybe one day at the end of the Fable series at some point.

Fishtankarous

Reaction score
I think Reaver is one of Fable's best characters with some of the greatest dialogue. No I certainly would not want to kill him, he livens things up, evil or no!

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I still say that he's not evil >_> I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong, because I mean, lol, it's Reaver. I just don't think the term applies to him. He's as close to it as he can get, but evil just doesn't sound right. S'all I'm saying.

But yeah, I have to agree, Logan wasn't a bad guy. He was trying to do what he saw was best for his people, even if it meant losing popularity by making harsh decisions.

Seriously. Reaver is evil. He might not be Chaotic evil and want the destruction of everything an anarchy for all. His more neutral evil. But he is certainly evil. His action are ones that are evil and there are arent good intentions behind them. Getting rich or getting laid dont count as good intentions.

By your logic, there is no evil. He kills people on many occasion when he gains nothing. The three artists in fable 2, all three of those were wanton murders. He gained nothing from killing them other then personal satisfaction.

Likewise the Wheel of Mistfortune in Fable 3. Unless they forget to mention it, theres no plan of action there. Its not like Logan has asked him to dispose of you. He was planning to essentially have you and Page tortured and killed by beasts etc for nothing more then his personal entertainment.

I agree he doesnt seem to evil when his working for you though. Even though his idea's arent that pleasent, he did generally make a compelling argument. Some of them even let you honor the promises you made (even if the game doesnt interpret it that way). You swear to protect Aurora and make it part of your kingdom, I still dont entirely understand why mining it and building an outpost doesnt count as furfilling that promise.

Quite frankly, if their idea of joining Albion was to get loads of soldiers to protect them from the darkness, lots of money to rebuild thier homes and then do absolutely nothing and survive from state handouts, I think Logan was bloody right to leave them to rot. Bunch of wasters.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
...I still dont entirely understand why mining it and building an outpost doesnt count as furfilling that promise.
All the mining is done by Aurorans and it's forced labor. They HAVE to work in those mines, and for no pay, just the promise of security. It's slave labor. That's not what the Hero promised.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
The 'Renovate the Orphanage' vs. 'make it a whorehouse' proposal cracks me up.
He's definitely evil, but you gotta love it.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
All the mining is done by Aurorans and it's forced labor. They HAVE to work in those mines, and for no pay, just the promise of security. It's slave labor. That's not what the Hero promised.

Well, true if you dont build the outpost. If you do build the outpost and have enough money at the end to ensure all the civs live... then you've kept the promise. I promised that I would protect them from the darkness and make them a part of Albion. I said nothing about protecting them from Reaver :p. I have enough difficulty controlling him on the mainland, let alone our lands ashore. It not like I dont force our children to work in factories!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
One of the biggest personal let-downs of Fable 3 for me was the inability to kill Reaver. As a King/Queen, why should I even have to listen to his stupid proposals? Off with his and transfer the ownership of Reaver Industries to the Crown, I say!

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Or at least a sidegame where you get to freely torture him? Which could be quite amusing. Imagine trying to find ways or torturing Reaver that he wouldnt actually enjoy!

Aruu

Reaction score
The task being finding the one form of torture he doesn't get off to. Huh, I could get on board with a quest like that.. <3

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
The task being finding the one form of torture he doesn't get off to. Huh, I could get on board with a quest like that.. <3

I just threw up on my best shirt. Thanks.

Aruu

Reaction score
You're very welcome! :D

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

I agree with this entirely :) . Reaver is just Reaver. He just wants to be well known and wants the best in life however way that he can get it. It's not the best aspect of anyone's personality to be like this, however his humour and people's overall interest in his character make up for it in his case.

I, and pardon me for my rudeness, find that both of these posts are incredibly ignorant. If someone murdered someone you loved, would you just say that it's him being him and that he's cool for it? I highly doubt you would. So the same applies to Reaver, he's a murderer who forces CHILDREN into labor only because they're cheap and in great numbers. I mean, the guy is literally one step away from being a virtual Hitler and here you are giggling and loving on him for being himself. That's... well, there's no proper word for that, that you won't find insulting so I'll refrain from saying so.

At first I thought Logan wasn't that bad a guy either but that too is nonsense. Most of what he did, did nothing for the kingdom except cause it crumble and force us to pay out the ass to fix his mistakes or ruin it further to save some of our people. Having to choose between Elise/Elliot and the ringleaders of that rebellion was highly unnecessary and a sure sign that he was in fact evil. Sure, he pleads that what he did was only meant to help Albion and he seems to be rather convincing with stepping down from the throne willingly.

However, he could have easily given the throne to our hero at the beginning or anytime after that but no, you have to be on the verge of killing the schmuck before he has a change of heart. I'm sorry but that's just not what good people do.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Dude, you always wanna argue don't you? He is a likeable character, even if he is a bit twisted.

Logan was becoming evil.. You would, having to make all those decisions. He just became a bit insane with power, but knowing he has to do it, would do that to you. He wouldn't give up the throne at the start 'cause he was more fit to be a ruler then. Logan's only flaw was he couldn't fight the Crawler.

Anyway, this dicussion's about Reaver. :ermm:..

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Dude, you always wanna argue don't you? He is a likeable character, even if he is a bit twisted.

Logan was becoming evil.. You would, having to make all those decisions. He just became a bit insane with power, but knowing he has to do it, would do that to you. He wouldn't give up the throne at the start 'cause he was more fit to be a ruler then. Logan's only flaw was he couldn't fight the Crawler.

Anyway, this dicussion's about Reaver. :ermm:..

Yes, I do enjoy arguing when people are making silly claims such as "Jack of Blades will come back!" or "Reaver isn't evil, he's just him!" or better yet "Logan is a poor misguided soul! I LOVE HIM!".

No. I didn't have to make those decisions and I still managed to save all of my people. He didn't have to do anything and what he choose to do nearly brought my kingdom to ruin. He was never fit to be a ruler, unless you mean fit to be an EVIL ruler, then yeah but even then I could easily be twice as evil as he while saving my whole kingdom only to abuse them later for my own selfish gain.

Aruu

Reaction score
We're saying that in our opinion, that evil is a strong word to use for Reaver.

Yes, he does awful things. Yes, he's a bad man who does cruel, twisted things. But evil doesn't really fit him somehow, in my opinion. He's either beyond that or before that, but I wouldn't use the SPECIFIC word to describe him.

Well, sorry for having an opinion. I'm dropping this now because some people are honestly overreacting about people having god honest opinions. :/ I think he's an amazing character because he's one you love to hate, and the fact he's so full of himself, it adds a lot of humour to the game

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
We're saying that in our opinion, that evil is a strong word to use for Reaver.

Yes, he does awful things. Yes, he's a bad man who does cruel, twisted things. But evil doesn't really fit him somehow, in my opinion. He's either beyond that or before that, but I wouldn't use the SPECIFIC word to describe him.

Well, sorry for having an opinion. I'm dropping this now because some people are honestly overreacting about people having god honest opinions. :/ I think he's an amazing character because he's one you love to hate, and the fact he's so full of himself, it adds a lot of humour to the game

The whole point of having an opinion and posting it on a public forum isn't for you to post it and then expect everyone to agree with you. If you're not willing to defend, argue, discuss, etc. it, then why even bother coming here? I'm not trying to be mean but that just sounds kind of ridiculous that you expect people to not discuss/debate your opinion when they have an opposing view. Completely defeats the purpose of having an opinion in the first place, if you ask me.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Reaver is a likeable person. You may not like him, but others do.
Yes he is twisted, and evil. That's what I just said.

And Logan wasn't an evil ruler, he did evil things for the greater good..
That much is clear when you become monarch, and why killing him is evil and sparing him is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.