• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Red Dragon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Red Dragon Club

.. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. .. . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . .. . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. .. . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . .. .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ...`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
.. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

*giggle giggle*

I feel the same :)

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Red Dragon is nice, but I prefer rifles myself, thank you very much. A master flintlock rifle with four augment slots doesn't kick ass, it blasts it into oblivion!

melandor0

Reaction score

Bluedrake;404181 said:
Red Dragon is nice, but I prefer rifles myself, thank you very much. A master flintlock rifle with four augment slots doesn't kick ass, it blasts it into oblivion!

I don't have any expansion packs installed, but I do collect as many guns I can in mint Fable 2. I find the turret/flintlock/clockwork system quite fascinating. One of few good design choices in Fable 2. They're not just stat differences, but actual game-play changes. Join the club mate! We appreciate all guns. (There's even this special charm about a rusty flintlock rifle)

Reaction score

ive seen lower level well scoped weapons decap ceim personally magic and mertain bandits so the theory is sound. i prefer melee and magic but i would laso like to see proof =D most of the DLC is melee and there epic =D

oh and gotta say i love the flintlock rifle its the only gun i use in fable 2 =D

arcona17

Reaction score

Been trying to get that many tries but failed. Yeah, I suck at it. If you are giving it away...I'm interested.

primechoes

Reaction score

does this red dragon club happen to have a spare red dragon it could offer a lowly fable 2 player? I have beat the game but suck at the shooting range so until I can get the red dragon I will stick with hals rifle. =( would any of you studious croissant eating gentlemen be willing to share a few tips for the shooting range? =)

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

...They'd...be willing to give you tips, but this is for people who've gotten it themselves. It's all in the first post. This club is for those with skill, not those who beg.

Sorry, but that's reality :(

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

For the shooting range, don't use hals rifle, infact, don't even use a clockwork pistol. Use a master Flintlock Pistol. The one shot thing helps you to be more precise rather than random spraying. Like the thing with clockworks is that you continuously shoot, which isn't that good. Have one at a time and be precise. Also, aim at the heads, it gives you three points.

In the end it kinda proves to me how ****ty a red dragon would be. The red dragon ain't worth the trouble. Master Flintlock with 4 augments is good. If not, get a blunderbuss, like the enforcer. That can do serious damage in hordes of Hollowmen. Also, the Master Repeater Crossbow takes out Balverines in One shot for me.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

I'm a gun lover, and the red dragon is certainly my favorite. I recall going through the game just leveling up every aspect of my character, using magic and melée when suddenly I unlocked aimed shot. From then on I just used guns. I received the red dragon after completing the spire and after helping out Barnum (bandits seem easier to hit than villagers), I remember thinking it was a terrible gun at first. Master flintlock rifles have great damage and once you get the four augment slots and all the really cool augments, it just kills! Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I could three headshot kill the elite spire guards. Not bad but I needed to roll out of the way a lot even at my best. (I could just suck)

Needless to say, I've switched to the red dragon, my new character got it before the crucible and since it was the best gun around at the time I tried it out when I entered the crucible. I started firing off shots, slowly and unimpressed..until that is, I zoomed in. The rate of fire was stupendous, the white balverine went down almost immediately after landing, I had emptied two full clips into it's brainpan when suddenly I knew this gun was hot.

At first I figured it was just clockwork weapons. But no the red dragon is the only one with the high fire rate! What's more it's only 6 points of damage less than the master clockwork pistol and with two damage boosting augments only slightly behind the four augment slot weapons.

Plus, it has a shinier name (legendary). Is that sufficient to join the ultra-posh red dragon owners?

Bluedrake

Reaction score

primechoes;407074 said:
would any of you studious croissant eating gentlemen be willing to share a few tips for the shooting range? =)

For the shooting range, use either a flintlock or clockwork pistol, and keep practicing. Go for heashots if possible. Try to get 55-60 points per round. The second one is the hardest for me.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;407190 said:
For the shooting range, don't use hals rifle, infact, don't even use a clockwork pistol. Use a master Flintlock Pistol. The one shot thing helps you to be more precise rather than random spraying. Like the thing with clockworks is that you continuously shoot, which isn't that good. Have one at a time and be precise. Also, aim at the heads, it gives you three points.

In the end it kinda proves to me how ****ty a red dragon would be. The red dragon ain't worth the trouble. Master Flintlock with 4 augments is good. If not, get a blunderbuss, like the enforcer. That can do serious damage in hordes of Hollowmen. Also, the Master Repeater Crossbow takes out Balverines in One shot for me.

Umm...just use any pistol. You shouldn't be firing contiuously your finger should be on Y until you want to shoot.

Recycled Human;407195 said:
I'm a gun lover, and the red dragon is certainly my favorite. I recall going through the game just leveling up every aspect of my character, using magic and melée when suddenly I unlocked aimed shot. From then on I just used guns. I received the red dragon after completing the spire and after helping out Barnum (bandits seem easier to hit than villagers), I remember thinking it was a terrible gun at first. Master flintlock rifles have great damage and once you get the four augment slots and all the really cool augments, it just kills! Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I could three headshot kill the elite spire guards. Not bad but I needed to roll out of the way a lot even at my best. (I could just suck)

Needless to say, I've switched to the red dragon, my new character got it before the crucible and since it was the best gun around at the time I tried it out when I entered the crucible. I started firing off shots, slowly and unimpressed..until that is, I zoomed in. The rate of fire was stupendous, the white balverine went down almost immediately after landing, I had emptied two full clips into it's brainpan when suddenly I knew this gun was hot.

At first I figured it was just clockwork weapons. But no the red dragon is the only one with the high fire rate! What's more it's only 6 points of damage less than the master clockwork pistol and with two damage boosting augments only slightly behind the four augment slot weapons.

Plus, it has a shinier name (legendary). Is that sufficient to join the ultra-posh red dragon owners?

This is just depressing.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

The second one (bridge) is my least favorite when shooting cardboard villagers, and not so bad when it's bandits. The pistols allow you to see more, definately a bonus. Aim for clusters, usually theres a couple spots where the targets are thick and the casualties are thinner. Also, take the two seconds to aim for headshots. Other than that : practise.

ssjcb1186;407234 said:
This is just depressing.

Aw, buck up buttercup, if you ask real nice-like maybe they'll let you in the club too.

As for the gun itself, I'll let you know if the speed does make the difference. What did you say you were using? A crossbow?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

I don't think you read the rest of this thread, I'll let you read before I go on another unnecessary rant again.

Destro23

Reaction score

ssjcb1186;407130 said:
...They'd...be willing to give you tips, but this is for people who've gotten it themselves. It's all in the first post. This club is for those with skill, not those who beg.

Sorry, but that's reality :(

bit preachy don't you think

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

yes, and that's exactly what I was going for, thank you for noticing >)

Recycled Human

Reaction score

If your referring to the 'crossbow' comment, it was at best a vague guess at someone in this topic mentioning it. I haven't tried crossbows, so it seemed like a viable choice. I'll give you a minute to re read this thread and see that someone did in fact mention a crossbow.

Hi, I'm new here and well, I know it's a little racist of me but you forum trolls all look alike.

What augments do you have for your master flintlock pistol, I would very much like to replicate it so I can see for myself which is better.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

-_-...I don't need you to be facetious. I'm just someone who passionately opposes the Red Dragon. If that's me being a troll, then so be it. I offer more than arguing against the Red Dragon to this community.

I'm not too sure about it but
Flame's Gift
Luck and Life
Something for Gold, but not Golden Touch
and I think Devistation.

And I'm trying it out now, and I really don't see how it even touches the MFP. Also, like I've mentioned, it's a personal thing.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

The topic was 'join the 'i've got rd and love it' club' and your first post (THE first post I might add) is to say how terrible the gun is 'but it's all a matter of opinion'. Passive aggressive much? Anyway, that's pretty much by definition a troll. You can square with that however you like.

I like that you're passionate about this topic, but if it's a personal preference why the hostility?

I for one am interested in experiencing your counter to the red dragon even though I prefer it over other guns. I mean, I don't exclusively use the rd anyway, I use a master flintlock rifle for sniping (till I find something better).

Now back on topic, how does the rate of fire in the red dragon compare with other clockwork pistols? Has anyone tested it?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

Recycled Human;407329 said:
The topic was 'join the 'i've got rd and love it' club' and your first post (THE first post I might add) is to say how terrible the gun is 'but it's all a matter of opinion'. Passive aggressive much? Anyway, that's pretty much by definition a troll. You can square with that however you like.

I'm sure that he did not say that you have to love the Red Dragon to be in the club, my memory tells me that if you got it with your own skill that you can be a member. I'm very passive and somewhat aggressive, it's just I don't particularly care about the raving of a gun that isn't all that.
I clearly already squared with it, I hope you know you're adding to my frustration so don't be surprised if I lash out, which I don't think is going to happen. I don't feel like looking more stupid/mean than I already do, so I'm going to try to cool it.

I like that you're passionate about this topic, but if it's a personal preference why the hostility?

I don' t know why and I'm sorry that I offended you.

I for one am interested in experiencing your counter to the red dragon even though I prefer it over other guns. I mean, I don't exclusively use the rd anyway, I use a master flintlock rifle for sniping (till I find something better).

That's what I'm doing right now actually. And I don't know if it's the way I play or what but Blunderbusses don't do me very well, and Rifles are too slow for me. The Red Dragon is just as good as those, however.

Now back on topic, how does the rate of fire in the red dragon compare with other clockwork pistols? Has anyone tested it?

I haven't tried an MCP but steel is noticeably slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.